HDR-FOX T2 Front Panel Question

2»

Comments

• quarryhunsletquarryhunslet Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    This is correct, you will not see anything different in the on screen menu. The normal method is to use the web interface via your network, just enter your Humax IP address in your browser.

I recommend that you head over to hummy.tv for further information, as this is where the custom firmware is supported.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it working thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything in the custom firmware that can change the colour of the recording ring ?. Just curious :)
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything in the custom firmware that can change the colour of the recording ring ?.
    Yes it can be changed in a whole variety of ways by the Red Ring package; see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Redring
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Is there anything in the custom firmware that can change the colour of the recording ring ?. Just curious :)

Go to http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/ and here No1 in the list might give you some answers. I believe something can be downloaded to change the redring appearance. Mind you, I wouldn't risk such updates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks for that :). I did install the red ring while recording in SB mode as I couldn't tell if the pvr had started recording or not with it being so quiet and also use the purple colour for duel recording but just wondered if you could change it to different colours. so thanks for the replies. much appreciated
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Go to http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/ and here No1 in the list might give you some answers. I believe something can be downloaded to change the redring appearance. Mind you, I wouldn't risk such updates.

You are missing out on a superb collection of packages that will transform what a HDR FOX T2 can do.
    Forum Member
    You are missing out on a superb collection of packages that will transform what a HDR FOX T2 can do.

Well, just as I am avoiding Smart and 3D TVs and their ilk I am just using my Humax for twin recordings and nothing else. I was just annoyed that, as supplied, there was no external indication, in standby, that the Humax IS recording according to your instructions i.e would remove any doubt.
    Yes a Redring update might address this but Unless it can do this whilst on standby, then I am not interested in perhaps corrupting the machine, unless you could roll back to prior to an update.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a Redring update might address this but Unless it can do this whilst on standby, then I am not interested in perhaps corrupting the machine, unless you could roll back to prior to an update.
    Yes Red Ring can show an indication of recording in standby. Yes you can remove the custom firmware at any time. Note that the custom firmware doesn't replace the standard firmware it works with it to add functionality. When a software update occurs then the custom firmware will need to be updated as the versions must match. The box will continue to work but only offering the standard features until the custom firmware is updated.
  • Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, just as I am avoiding Smart and 3D TVs and their ilk I am just using my Humax for twin recordings and nothing else. I was just annoyed that, as supplied, there was no external indication, in standby, that the Humax IS recording according to your instructions i.e would remove any doubt.

Don't knock Smart ,I have a Samsung Smart PVR & the two internet radio services are very reliable,plus a large selection of other apps
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I do like is the ability to watch your recorded content on a laptop or pc or other device. It comes in handy for the mrs on a Sat night while i'm gaming so she can watch her stuff :)
    Forum Member
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    Don't knock Smart ,I have a Samsung Smart PVR & the two internet radio services are very reliable,plus a large selection of other apps

Where was I knocking Smart TVs? I am merely stating they are not for me. My TV is 5 years old and I realise that if I have to replace it and I leave that too long, I may have no choice in the matter. However, I don't need all the facilities that these TVs offer, nor would I use them.
    Fortunately, at the moment it is possible to find good TVs without all the bells and whistles for about £500 or even less.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also find excellent TV's with all the bells and whistles for around the same price in the sales. You don't have to use them but the choice would be there. worth considering
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also find excellent TV's with all the bells and whistles for around the same price in the sales. You don't have to use them but the choice would be there. worth considering
    Please explain. Excellent TV's what?
    Forum Member
    I was just annoyed that, as supplied, there was no external indication, in standby, that the Humax IS recording according to your instructions i.e would remove any doubt.
    As supplied, there IS external indication that the Humax is recording. There is a "REC" indicator on the front panel display.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As supplied, there IS external indication that the Humax is recording. There is a "REC" indicator on the front panel display.

Yeah but it's hard to see unless your 6 inches or so from the display.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need the custom firmware then :D

It is quite a revelation...so many useful things :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah but it's hard to see unless your 6 inches or so from the display.
    Just remove the Orange filter from the display, and go Green. It is then very easy to see.:)
    Forum Member
    Just remove the Orange filter from the display, and go Green. It is then very easy to see.:)

Prithee, how does one do that? Does one have to remove the casing and delve into the interior and nullify the warranty?
    Forum Member
    Prithee, how does one do that? Does one have to remove the casing and delve into the interior and nullify the warranty?

Yes, you have to do a bit of dismantling.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/w/images/c/c0/Humax-display.png

The link shows a photo with the filter removed.
    Forum Member
    Yes, you have to do a bit of dismantling.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/w/images/c/c0/Humax-display.png

The link shows a photo with the filter removed.

Thanks but no. Why was it put in, I wonder, by the manufacturers? Too distracting without the filter?
    Forum Member
    Thanks but no. Why was it put in, I wonder, by the manufacturers? Too distracting without the filter?
    Who knows why it is there, but it is much better without it. You can make the orange display brighter in standby if you use the redring package and customised firmware. This is simple to do, and does not require any dismantling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't want to dismantle the Humax either so I installed the custom firmware and the red ring package to show when the Humax was recording in SB mode and purple while dual recording. It's certainly worth installing this custom firmware.