connection diagrams

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
i am a pensioner and cannot afford to pay sky subscriptions any longer, so i have bought a humax pvr-9300t freeview recorder. but the problem is i am useless with any sort of wiring, so i thought maybee one of you could help me PLEASE. i have been looking for a connection diagram to set it up, but i have had no luck at all. at the moment i have a hd ready tv, a panasonic cinema surround system, and my sky box which will be turned off tommorow. could someone send me a link, or easy to read diagram to view the right cable connections please? thank`s, john.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the Sky box connected to the TV at the moment and are not going to be using it again then simply plug the Humax up in it's place. It has pretty much the same connections except for the RF 2 output that the Sky box has.

So it should simply be a case of unplug the leads from the back of the Sky box and plug into the similarly named socket on the back of the Humax.

If you are going to retain the Sky box and use it just as a "freesat" box then it would help to know what connections there are on the TV and how everything is currently wired up.

Doesn't need any complicated diagram just a simple text link.

For example

Sky "TV" SCART --> TV "AV1" SCART

would mean there is a cable with one end plugged into the SCART socket labelled "TV" on the back of the Sky box and the other end plugged into the SCART socket labelled "AV1" on the TV.

But without any idea what socketry is available it is impossible to offer any definitive advice. The model number of the TV and Home cinema system would help if you don't know what connections are available.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,622
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    It has pretty much the same connections except for the RF 2 output that the Sky box has
    Except that the satellite dish feed cannot be used with the 9300T and the OP needs a feed from a terrestrial aerial instead. And the 9300T does have an RF Out to daisy-chain the aerial feed to the TV.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Except that the satellite dish feed cannot be used with the 9300T and the OP needs a feed from a terrestrial aerial instead. And the 9300T does have an RF Out to daisy-chain the aerial feed to the TV.
    I know. I was working on the assumption the OP knew this and had the necessary aerial feed in place before purchasing the Humax. Otherwise he would have bought a Freesat box instead.

And you will also note I said the Humax does not have the RF 2 output the Sky box has. Not that it has NO RF out.