Options

does anyone else find liz shaw sexy?

MaurimanMauriman Posts: 1,027
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been watching spearhead from space is just me or does anyone else find caroline john extreamly sexy?

Comments

• Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mauriman wrote: »
    Just been watching spearhead from space is just me or does anyone else find caroline john extreamly sexy?

Ooohh!! I do! :D:D

Especially with those knee high boots, and the tight clothes that she wore. :cool:

I think, by Dimentions in Time, in 1993, she was still good looking, but not by 1970 standards. She reminded me a bit, of a Gerry Anderson puppet. Especially with the face, and the mouth.

So, so sad that she's not here anymore. :( It was two years ago this month, when she passed. How time flies. :o

BTW, loved her hair! Not how she had it in Spearhead From Space, but Dr Who and The Silurians onwards.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Ooohh!! I do! :D:D

Especially with those knee high boots, and the tight clothes that she wore. :cool:

I think, by Dimentions in Time, in 1993, she was still good looking, but not by 1970 standards. She reminded me a bit, of a Gerry Anderson puppet. Especially with the face, and the mouth.

So, so sad that she's not here anymore. :( It was two years ago this month, when she passed. How time flies. :o

BTW, loved her hair! Not how she had it in Spearhead From Space, but Dr Who and The Silurians onwards.

Liz looked totally different in each of her stories. She was adorable in Doctor Who and the Silurians.
  • Options
    MaurimanMauriman Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree in all four stories she looked diferent but I like all the short skirts she had great legs.
    Apprently caroline sent the production office a bikini photo to get seen.
    If only we could see those pics.:)
    Shame shes no longer with us beautiful women and talented actress.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found her sexy. Very attractive and intelligent. Good companion for the 3rd Doctor.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I found her sexy. Very attractive and intelligent. Good companion for the 3rd Doctor.

Yes, she was. Although I am very fond of Jo Grant I did feel it was a bit of a step back to have another 'What's going on, Doctor?' style of companion after Liz, especially as Liz was so clever, confident and competent. Something almost of an equal for the Doctor.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liked the character, but didn't find Liz Shaw particularly sexy, really. Intelligent and interesting, yeah, and have said similar to Mulett regarding Liz and Jo. Then again, although I've come to like the character of Jo, never found that character particularly sexy either.

Thought Caroline John was beautiful though.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline John was one of those women who, like Kylie Minogue, how good she looked depended on how she had her hair. I didn't like the way she had it all done up in a bun Spearhead from Space and I really didn't like the black wig look in Inferno either but when she had it down and round her shoulders it made her look a million dollars and the short skirts in the other three stories complimented her appearance as well.

I always thought her voice was quite sexy as well. I remember seeing her as the Housekeeper to two satirical political characters in the first ever Harry Enfield Show in the 90's and though she'd obviously got older by then, she still had that voice!

And she still looked good in the P.R.OB.E Spin offs of the 90's too.

:)
  • Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes definitely. Thought she was more sexier than the ditzy Jo Grant. Liz is on a par with the very sexy Romana 1.
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline John was one of those women who, like Kylie Minogue, how good she looked depended on how she had her hair. I didn't like the way she had it all done up in a bun Spearhead from Space and I really didn't like the black wig look in Inferno either but when she had it down and round her shoulders it made her look a million dollars and the short skirts in the other three stories complimented her appearance as well. .................................
    :)

Totally agree that the way Caroline John had her hair definitely made a difference to how good she looked. Funnily enough I liked the bun she had in Spearhead as her hair looked quite neat. When her hair was straight down it seems to make her look a bit severe except of course when she smiled and then her face lit up .. But each to their own
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joe_000 wrote: »
    Yes definitely. Thought she was more sexier than the ditzy Jo Grant. Liz is on a par with the very sexy Romana 1.

I agree with this.

Although it's a bit distracting to think that during some action scenes her stunt double was a man! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    joe_000 wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    "yes" -most of the others above that have responded are in the affirmative, but "no", not me.

If you're looking for an "intelligent, sexy school mistress who will put you in your place, even if you're The Doctor" type, then you can't beat Romana mk 1 ;-)

Unfortunately (like Liz) she only featured in one season, and (unlike Liz), much of the season she featured in was pretty ordinary in terms of stories (IMO)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Liz was second only to Grace Holloway in terms of sexiness, in my opinion. Intelligence, self knowledge and confidence makes for a sexy personality and they were both physically attractive as well, I've always thought that in Modern Who, that's the sort of character they should have chosen if they wanted us to think that an ancient alien genius could realistically be attracted to her.

Grace was my first Companion. stranded between Classic and Modern Who and she struck the young me as the epitome of sex appeal and beauty. On the other hand, as she was more mature and of a different time, she'd never wear a mini skirt, so maybe Liz (who I haven't seen too much of*) has it...

(I'm comparing like with like here, so no female Time Lords, though Daphne Thingy would have given even Mary Tamm (?) a run for her money.)

*When I say I haven't seen too much of Liz, I mean in terms of her stories, not in a Jo Grant/Dalek way