Options

Humax 9300 Series Record problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
Forum Member
I persuaded my parents to come into the 21st century by replacing their VCR with a Humax 9300 a couple of weeks ago. They both technophobes and easily lose confidence in using something if it goes wrong so i set up the whole thing for them (including the two new LCD tellies they bought at the same time) and set up four series to record for them (Strictly Come Dancing, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Countdown).
They have noticed however that Countdown sometimes seems to miss an episode. I was slighlty doubtful but when I visited them yesterday and checked the Recoding Schedule the next episodes of Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Coundown were set for 2/11 i.e. next Monday despite them being on plenty of times before then. I definitely set them for Series Link not Weekly (and they have been picking up Episodes on other days.) I have deleted each of these and Rescheduled the Series Record from the Guide.
I have Sky+ not Humax at home so I may be unaware of some of the intricacies. Can anyone explain why this might have happened?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Bumpity bump
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    kepeldindy wrote: »
    Bumpity bump

Hi Kepeldindy,
    I know nobody else as replied to you so you probably think it only happened to you.I just had to say you are not alone the same thing happened to me.Hemley moor transmitter
    recorded allright on monday 26/10/09 then after switched series link to 2/11/09.cant understand why nobody else as not replied to you.
    steve
    ps if you have as much trouble with the humax as i have your parents will disown you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    my 9300 skipped both eastenders and coronation street last night. they were linked from earlier episodes and monday coming are showing to be recorded in the schedule...you are not alone:eek:

ps: on emley moor
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    john71 wrote: »
    my 9300 skipped both eastenders and coronation street last night. they were linked from earlier episodes and monday coming are showing to be recorded in the schedule...you are not alone:eek:

ps: on emley moor

The usual cause is the broadcaster screwing up the series and programme crid codes. Best advice look at your recording schedule after an episode has recorded to ensure it has picked up the next episode. (assuming it's within the epg). If it fails cancell the series record and start a new one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice to know we're not alone! Had no problems since but I have trained the folks to check the schedule as suggested.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I couldn't find any specific reference to my recent problem so I'll put my first ever post here and hope that's OK.

Bought a 9300 PVR a month ago and all is fine - really pleased with it - except for one little prob that developed last week.

I had been padding the start and finish times of INDIVIDUAL programmes and all had worked. Then I noticed that after adjusting the times and pressing OK, I went into "Schedule" and found that my manually entered times had changed (in ALL instances) to Date: 19/11 and Times: on at 03.14 and off at 03.14. I might wait until the 19th November has passed and see what happens then.

I have enabled Auto padding and that is working fine but I would like to use the individual programme facility as well - has anybody experienced this problem please? Any advice gratefully received.

I phoned the Humax helpline, the person at the end of the phone was silent for quite a while... then told me that as he had never heard of this before, it was probably a technical fault and that I should return it to John Lewis. I will be calling into my local JL store to check if they have any experience of this.

Thank you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie47 wrote: »
    I couldn't find any specific reference to my recent problem so I'll put my first ever post here and hope that's OK.

Bought a 9300 PVR a month ago and all is fine - really pleased with it - except for one little prob that developed last week.

I had been padding the start and finish times of INDIVIDUAL programmes and all had worked. Then I noticed that after adjusting the times and pressing OK, I went into "Schedule" and found that my manually entered times had changed (in ALL instances) to Date: 19/11 and Times: on at 03.14 and off at 03.14. I might wait until the 19th November has passed and see what happens then.

I have enabled Auto padding and that is working fine but I would like to use the individual programme facility as well - has anybody experienced this problem please? Any advice gratefully received.

I phoned the Humax helpline, the person at the end of the phone was silent for quite a while... then told me that as he had never heard of this before, it was probably a technical fault and that I should return it to John Lewis. I will be calling into my local JL store to check if they have any experience of this.

Thank you
    I have to ask, are you sure you have a 9300T?

This is exactly what has happened with the firmware update to the Foxsat HDR satellite PVR, but I've not heard of it on the 9300, nor can I replicate it.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Les - thanks for your reply.... feeling a little (or maybe a lot) foolish now - of course I am wrong with the model number, who knows why? You are correct I do not have the 9300 but the Foxsat HDR Fresat model. Interesting that you know about the problem anyway.

I have just been on to the helpline again and was advised to do "Factory reset", which I have done. I was assured that it would cure the problem but it has not. After doing the reset I tried to record then pad the times of a single programme and it has again reverted to a scheduled date and time of 19/11 and 03.14 start - 03.14 finish.

Thank you for your interest. If it is a the result of a Humax firmware update, I am surprised that nobody on the helpline appears top know this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie47 wrote: »
    Hello Les - thanks for your reply.... feeling a little (or maybe a lot) foolish now - of course I am wrong with the model number, who knows why? You are correct I do not have the 9300 but the Foxsat HDR Fresat model. Interesting that you know about the problem anyway.

I have just been on to the helpline again and was advised to do "Factory reset", which I have done. I was assured that it would cure the problem but it has not. After doing the reset I tried to record then pad the times of a single programme and it has again reverted to a scheduled date and time of 19/11 and 03.14 start - 03.14 finish.

Thank you for your interest. If it is a the result of a Humax firmware update, I am surprised that nobody on the helpline appears top know this.
    Sorry folks, we are off-topic for the 9300 thread, but just to close this off ...

You can now only set up manual timers from scratch via the blank entry at the bottom of the Schedule list, instead of Editing an existing schedule created from the EPG.

Humax should know about it, they included it in the Release Notes !! Factory Reset for this was a waste of time, but sometimes good practice anyway aftter a firmware update to clear down internal memory and re-initialise settings.

If you need more help on the Foxsat HDR, hang out in the Freesat+ forum.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much Les - and apologies to all for being "off topic". Frank