9200 frozen.

farmermikefarmermike Posts: 314
Forum Member
I bought a Humax 9200 direct from the company in December 2007. Apart from the odd crash which was cured by turning off the power, I have had no problems. It came through the re-tune a month ago without the slowing problems experienced by others.

But last night when I switched on, the picture froze after a few seconds, and the sound a few seconds later. Repeated switching off at the mains does not cure this. Does anyone think this might be related to the re-tune or do I have a software problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmermike wrote: »
    I bought a Humax 9200 direct from the company in December 2007. Apart from the odd crash which was cured by turning off the power, I have had no problems. It came through the re-tune a month ago without the slowing problems experienced by others.

But last night when I switched on, the picture froze after a few seconds, and the sound a few seconds later. Repeated switching off at the mains does not cure this. Does anyone think this might be related to the re-tune or do I have a software problem?
    If it freezes as soon as you switch on, I would do a combination of the full aerial out reset to default settings procedure, which is to be able to get at the Menu system in the case of a lockup, and then a full MANUAL tune on your transmitter to avoid receiving from more than one TX and getting channels in the 800s, and then you're doubly sure.

Here is the first procedure :-

1. Power OFF the receiver

2. Disconnect the Aerial cable

3. Power On the receiver

4. Press MENU

5. Select Installation

6. Enter your password (default = 0000)

7. Select Default Setting

8. Select YES

9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)

10. When the receiver restarts, Standby, then Power OFF

11. Connect the Aerial Cable

12. Power ON - the receiver will then search for the channels. STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY.(*)

**It is very important you remove the aerial as stated in step 2.**

(*) At point 12, when it comes to searching for the channels, use these instructions, from Big-les, to do the Manual Search, instead of the Automatic Search (See the last paragraph).

You will then have to re-enter your recording schedule & any user settings you may have changed.

Rgds.

Les.
  • farmermikefarmermike Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    savvy wrote: »
    If it freezes as soon as you switch on, I would do a combination of the full aerial out reset to default settings procedure, which is to be able to get at the Menu system in the case of a lockup, and then a full MANUAL tune on your transmitter to avoid receiving from more than one TX and getting channels in the 800s, and then you're doubly sure.

3. Power On the receiver

4. Press MENU

5. Select Installation

8. Select YES

12. Power ON - the receiver will then search for the channels. STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY.(*)

(*) At point 12, when it comes to searching for the channels, use these instructions, from Big-les, to do the Manual Search, instead of the Automatic Search (See the last paragraph).

Rgds.

Les.

Thanks very much for the advice. I will report back! Mike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I think this needs to be made a sticky as it seems to be happening to more and more people. My parent's unit froze up and this cured it - they don't get DSO for another 2 years so nothing to with that.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiran_mk2 wrote: »
    I think this needs to be made a sticky as it seems to be happening to more and more people. My parent's unit froze up and this cured it - they don't get DSO for another 2 years so nothing to with that.

This procedure is only needed if the Hummy locks up just after switch on thus preventing you getting into the menu. The aerial does not need to be removed if, after a lock-up and re-boot, you CAN get into menu.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-les wrote: »
    This procedure is only needed if the Hummy locks up just after switch on thus preventing you getting into the menu. The aerial does not need to be removed if, after a lock-up and re-boot, you CAN get into menu.
    Agreed Les,

Only to cure a locked up box where you can not get to the Menu, nothing else. Too often cited as a cure-all.

Rgds.

Les.
  • farmermikefarmermike Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    savvy wrote: »

3. Power On the receiver

4. Press MENU

5. Select Installation

8. Select YES

You will then have to re-enter your recording schedule & any user settings you may have changed.

Rgds.

Les.

Thanks Les for the excellent instructions. I'm up and running again in time to record the Alan Bennett evening on BBC2. It did take me two attempts, but then I'm into my third year of a winter heating allowance and bus pass , so I think that excuses me. I just couldn't think how to get into menu when it froze so quickly. Many, many thanks.

Mike
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmermike wrote: »
    Thanks Les for the excellent instructions. I'm up and running again in time to record the Alan Bennett evening on BBC2. It did take me two attempts, but then I'm into my third year of a winter heating allowance and bus pass , so I think that excuses me. I just couldn't think how to get into menu when it froze so quickly. Many, many thanks.

Mike
    Glad it helped, Mike, and you are now back up & running.

Thanks for reporting back.

Rgds.

Les.