Doctor Who Video Game Wishlist

Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
Forum Member
✭✭
What kind of DW video game would you want to see, and who would you like to make it. Doesn't have to be realistic, just whatever.

I'd really like a Tell-tale Adventure game in the style of the "Walking Dead" series.
I reckon it would be perfect for a Doctor Who game.
It's about problem solving.
Has a strong story focus.
There are alternate time lines based on morally ambiguous choices.
You travel, meet, and get to know new people.
Something like that would work for any of the Doctors

Bar that, I would mind a Time War game, where you can either go in guns blazing like a Warrior, or find a more lateral solution like a Doctor.
It'd be interesting to see some of the abstract war battles of a war fought across time, seeing it escalate, watching the young War Doctor become the a grumpy widened old man.
And seeing the genesis of the TARDIS from Gothic McGann to Coral Eccleston would be an interesting process.

Comments

• doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    I'm by no means an experienced or serious computer games player as such. But the best idea I saw for a Doctor Who game was a suggestion that it could be done as one of those Lego games that Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean etc.. have been adapted to. I played the Star Wars one a couple of years back, and it's just a good bit of fun, it loosely followed the films and it has a bit of humour to it also. Just a suggestion :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say use Destiny of the Doctors as a blueprint. I.e - from the perspective of a companion, in first-person (for maximum scare factor), the Doctor incapable of being directly involved and mostly puzzle-based gameplay with violence used only as a last resort.

I would also add historical adventures to the mix. If anyone's ever played 'The Gunpowder Plot', there was an RPG element there which I quite liked where you had to interact with local residents to progress, with the aid of dialogue trees. In moderation, that element would work a treat.

I doubt such a project would ever see the light of day, though.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind what type of videogame I would like to play as Capaldi's doctor but I doubt they will make a videogame in his era because of the failure of the Eternity Clock. I don't know why they couldn't continue with the adventure games and charge a small amount of money for it.
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm by no means an experienced or serious computer games player as such. But the best idea I saw for a Doctor Who game was a suggestion that it could be done as one of those Lego games that Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean etc.. have been adapted to. I played the Star Wars one a couple of years back, and it's just a good bit of fun, it loosely followed the films and it has a bit of humour to it also. Just a suggestion
    That's a cool idea. The comedy and puzzles would work great, and the goofy LEGO look would stop the violence from feeling jarring.

Is there even Doctor Who LEGO. [Google Search] Course there is... cuz everything is awesome.
    I'd say use Destiny of the Doctors as a blueprint. I.e - from the perspective of a companion, in first-person (for maximum scare factor), the Doctor incapable of being directly involved and mostly puzzle-based gameplay with violence used only as a last resort.

I would also add historical adventures to the mix. If anyone's ever played 'The Gunpowder Plot', there was an RPG element there which I quite liked where you had to interact with local residents to progress, with the aid of dialogue trees. In moderation, that element would work a treat.

I doubt such a project would ever see the light of day, though.

I guess playing as a companion would work. You wouldn't need to be super clever, and the Doctor can work out the complicated stuff secretively and give you goals, so the plot can have some pace.

I'd want to play as the Doctor in a Doctor Who game though.

The BBC licensed games are alright. The Gunpowder Plot was probibly my favourite just because it seems like they put all the effort into that one. But they're just kind of 'eh' when you get down to it.
    I don't mind what type of videogame I would like to play as Capaldi's doctor but I doubt they will make a videogame in his era because of the failure of the Eternity Clock. I don't know why they couldn't continue with the adventure games and charge a small amount of money for it.

I haven't played the Eternity Clock, but from what I've seen it didn't look very good.

If they just gave the project to a team that really knew what they were doing, it could be great. But like you said, after EC failure, I don't see them gambling with another project any time soon.

Have they actually said they aren't making any more Adventure Games. I mean, they weren't great, but they were alright.

I wouldn't mind a Capaldi one either.