Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, couldnt resist
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    sorry, couldnt resist

lol

Unless 1D are a highly entertaining metal band with a baritone vocal then I'd probbaly say 'no'. :p

Especially as we're probably the only people on here who have even heard of them :o
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    since i have learnt how to post in here, i just like throw odd threads in to disrupt the constant adele/1d/madonna/other shite threads
    Forum Member
    since i have learnt how to post in here, i just like throw odd threads in to disrupt the constant adele/1d/madonna/other shite threads

And long may you continue :cool:

Maybe we should have an all purpose hard rock/metal thread?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Electra wrote: »

go for it:D
    Forum Member
    :D

go for it:D

No, you do it *shoves*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Gotta thank Electra for introducing me to Sabaton a week or so back. Wonderful band :D

Long live heavy metal!
    Forum Member
    The Rover wrote: »
    Gotta thank Electra for introducing me to Sabaton a week or so back. Wonderful band :D

Long live heavy metal!

Oh, it was you who I gave the link to Carolus Rex, wasn't it? Glad you like them. I'm a fairly recent convert myself, so I'm a bit evangelical :D
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking about creating one a couple of months ago, but I obviously didn't go through with it. I still think it would be a good idea.

I like what I've heard of Sabaton. I'll check out more of their material soon. :)
    Forum Member
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    I was thinking about creating one a couple of months ago, but I obviously didn't go through with it. I still think it would be a good idea.

I like what I've heard of Sabaton. I'll check out more of their material soon. :)

I think we do need such a thread, before we completely drown in a sea of MOR easy listening & brainless teeny pop. There must be other rockers on here surely?

Check them out very soon. You won't regret it :) I haven't felt this enthusiastic about a band in many years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's even a Sabaton game. It's quite fun, and the soundtrack is great, too. ;)
    Forum Member
    There's even a Sabaton game. It's quite fun, and the soundtrack is great, too. ;)

I've tried playing it a few times but can't work out wtf I'm supposed to do. I just keep clicking bits on the map but can't leave until the music's finished :o

Damn. I clicked your link & now I'm trapped again :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried playing it a few times but can't work out wtf I'm supposed to do. I just keep clicking bits on the map but can't leave until the music's finished :o

Damn. I clicked your link & now I'm trapped again :o:D

You're supposed to click on an area bordering an area you occupy, and then on the dice in the hope they score higher than the opposition. :D After you've finished battling, click on an area you occupy, and then a bordering area you also occupy to transfer forces.

You should make sense of it eventually.
    Forum Member
    You're supposed to click on an area bordering an area you occupy, and then on the dice in the hope they score higher than the opposition. :D After you've finished battling, click on an area you occupy, and then a bordering area you also occupy to transfer forces.

You should make sense of it eventually.

I can't even work out where I occupy. I'm hopeless :o

I didn't realise the game was on itunes btw. I usually attempt to play it on their Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/sabaton?fref=ts
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Sabaton a couple of years ago, massive in Europe but virtually unknown over here.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are supporting Iron Maiden in some parts of Europe this summer no sign of any UK shows though.
    Forum Member
    They are supporting Iron Maiden in some parts of Europe this summer no sign of any UK shows though.
    They've supported Iron Maiden before - a couple of years ago in Sweden. Some footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ATK0tEu8g They did a few headlining dates over here last year in small venues. Here's some footage from their London gig at HMV Forum Poltava & The Art Of War & Uprising
    I saw Sabaton a couple of years ago, massive in Europe but virtually unknown over here.

OMG you've seen them :eek: Was that when they were supporting Dragonforce? I WANNA SEE THEM! :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG you've seen them :eek: Was that when they were supporting Dragonforce? I WANNA SEE THEM! :cry:

I saw them @ Sonisphere a couple of years ago. :)
    Forum Member
    I saw them @ Sonisphere a couple of years ago. :)

Damn. I didn't know they'd done that. I'm gutted they don't seem to be coming backover here this year :(

ETA just found some footage of them at Sonisphere 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vC4jLrAzZo

It's cancelled this year, isn't it?
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Sabaton musically. I'm not entirely sure about the vocals though.
    Forum Member

Oh, I'm very sure about the vocals. That's what drew me in to the band in the first place. I absolutely love his voice. It's very different to what you usually hear in metal. One one side there's the death growlers, on the other, the high tenor screamers. Joakim's a baritone. He doesn't growl or scream. He ROARS! :D

Also, going by the live footage I've seen, he's one of the most dynamic frontmen around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn. I didn't know they'd done that. I'm gutted they don't seem to be coming backover here this year :(

ETA just found some footage of them at Sonisphere 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vC4jLrAzZo

It's cancelled this year, isn't it?

Yes, they basically said they couldn't get enough good bands.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I'm very sure about the vocals. That's what drew me in to the band in the first place. I absolutely love his voice. It's very different to what you usually hear in metal. One one side there's the death growlers, on the other, the high tenor screamers. Joakim's a baritone. He doesn't growl or scream. He ROARS! :D

Also, going by the live footage I've seen, he's one of the most dynamic frontmen around.

He is a superb vocalist don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if it fits on some tracks.

The Lion From The North for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats my problem with them too