PREDICTION: Capaldi is going to be a MASSIVE pain in Moffat's A§§

2»

Comments

• Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mboon wrote: »
    ... Dream on. Capaldi, of all people, knows a great writer when he sees one and they'll collaborate very well together....

Absolutely, I don't see Capaldi being a pain in Toby Whithouse's ass at all ;)
  • Options
    FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Capaldi replace Moffat as show runner in 3 years when Capaldi's ready to step down as the Doctor?

I love Moffat but he'll want to step down at some point. Who better to hand the baton over to than a massive fan with the right cv?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there anything like this amount of nonsense and bluster before?!

You don't know the half of it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I see him actually collaborating with SM over scripts and possibly directing an episode.

That would be fantastic. :)
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    On the other hand if he is seen as difficult to work with he may see the words "And 12 regenerates into 13" in his script

Not if the rating go up.
  • Options
    bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    What are you lot on about?! He's a professional actor. He'll get the scripts and he'll say his lines.

Exactly and he will be great as he is a professional
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I see him actually collaborating with SM over scripts and possibly directing an episode.

stop getting my hopes up! :D:D
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the proliferation of unfunny 'parody' threads now outnumbering the proper ones I've actually lost the ability to tell what is a failed attempt at humour and what is an attempt to start a decent discussion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the proliferation of unfunny 'parody' threads now outnumbering the proper ones I've actually lost the ability to tell what is a failed attempt at humour and what is an attempt to start a decent discussion.
    This was the latter.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    If Capaldi had any problem at all with Moffat's work, he would never have accepted the job. I don't think it'll be a problem.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Capaldi would put up with half of the crappy stories that Smith did.

I hope you are right !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    If Capaldi had any problem at all with Moffat's work, he would never have accepted the job. I don't think it'll be a problem.

Obvious isn't it, but the determination to get a new (and Important!) member in their 'club' won't allow them to see the bleedin' obvious. No doubt when Moffat does decide to leave they will come back to this thread and say it was a 'slow burning' work in progress. ;)
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Actors (and fans, for that matter) are not often the best judge of what does or does not constitute a good story. They got lost in the minutae of their role (or, in the case of fans, continuity) and don't see the bigger picture.

Who knows what the Moff is like to work with or for? He is probably quite open to ideas and suggestions from those who work for him in the production team.

It's part of his job to project confidence to the media to maintain the positive perceptions of the show. Unfortunately some fans who dislike the way the show has gone under his leadership read that as arrogance or complacency.

In other words, if you like what he's done then it's confidence and if you don't, it's arrogance and complacency.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent been on DS for a while but i am so intrigued as to how Capaldi will be the Doctor :) I cannot wait to see what he will be like.

Will miss Matt so damn much...my fave era of the show after all...but i am so excited by this casting and i reckon he will stir it up for Moff too...hope he stays a while like Smith did too :)....looking forward to see the direction taken :).
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I don't think Capaldi would put up with half of the crappy stories that Smith did.

Oh! Did Matt do another few series' worth of episodes that I haven't seen then?

:p;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    flan11 wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone is saying they can't see him in the role for a long time, I think he will play the doctor for a good 3/4 years minimum

I think they might be saying it because of his age, which is a silly reason anyway. I'm sure he's going to want to stay for quite some time, because he's such a huge fan of the show.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll definitely have more clout than Matt 'Steven's amazing' Smith, and thank god for that.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    He'll definitely have more clout than Matt 'Steven's amazing' Smith, and thank god for that.

:D:D

Matt's tongue must be dying for a break.
  • Options
    SexyDavrosSexyDavros Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    To be fair to Matt, he does genuinely seem to admire SM.

Personally I admire Moffat's passion for the series, but he should NEVER have become the showrunner.

A pretty good writer, but a rather bombastic arrogant chap to have such control.