Sony Vaio Help

abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just recently started having problems getting my laptop to boot up, i have tried looking for solutions via google, and see various other cases similar, but none exactly the same as the problem im having, so hope someone here can help.

When i try to boot up my laptop i get nothing on my screen, the power light is on, the fan is working, but the screen is black. The only way i can get my laptop screen to work, is to continuously hold the power button down (so it forces shut down) and then push on via the assist button. But it doesnt work first time, i may have to repeat this cycle up to 50 times. And it eventually loads up and takes me to the start up repair option, hopefully this is just a minor problem although i doubt it

Anyone able to suggest what may be the problem?
My brother had a vaio got it around th same time as mine, his packed up with a different problem, seems there life span isnt great, dont think id get another one again

Comments

• esperantoesperanto Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    First you need to try booting from an alternative to C:\.

A Knoppix cd or pen drive, or a windows cd.

That will tell you if the problem is with your hardware, or just a messed up Operating System.

Vaio are not the most durable laptops.:rolleyes: