Options

Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    Anyone here watching The Hollow Crown on BBC on Saturdays? Ok it's Shakespeare :D but it's Richard II through to Henry V - basically the first two thirds of the War of the Roses which only ended when Henry Tudor (VII) married Elizabeth of York after the battle of Bosworth which killed Richard III

It's fun playing spot the inspiration. I have my theories for Harry Hotspur. ;):D

Yup but I love Shakespeare so it's no hardship :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Yup but I love Shakespeare so it's no hardship :)

Absolutely. I'm recording it and getting ansty if social engagements get in the way. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm recording it and getting ansty if social engagements get in the way. :o

The casts have been awesome, shame half of them are too busy or famous to make an appearance in GoT. James Purefoy was incredible as Mowbray and Ben Whishaw made a really really good Richard II, he had the charm and yet the fecklessness that ended up with R2 losing his crown.

In fact, I think they've all been brilliantly cast, probably almost as good as GoT's has!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SFX Video for Season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    SFX Video for Season 2.

Lovely, also amused me how they managed to find a reason to link the SFX video to the one of Tyrion slapping Joffrey :)
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching s2e5 via Blinkbox - Wildfire is a nice area weapon... artillery-delivered fuel-air munitions with some of the characteristics of napalm? Ouch...
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SFX Video for Season 2.

Anyone else unable to see the video?..........tried with both Opera and IE to no avail...........................:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to see the video?..........tried with both Opera and IE to no avail...........................:(
    Still works for me.

There's a somewhat shorter version on Youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Teaser for Season 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vsmUpYIA99o

No actual footage but we will probably get a trailer the week Boardwalk Empire finishes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame we have to wait so long to see it and a shame we also have to wait so long for the blu ray S2 release as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame we have to wait so long to see it and a shame we also have to wait so long for the blu ray S2 release as well.

It takes them more than eight months to film it. There's now only a day's delay before it's aired in the UK if I remember rightly. I don't see how else they could do it in any shorter time.
    The DVD/Bluray S2 will release just before the start of S3 as HBO's way of promoting the series beyond their own subscribers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    The DVD/Bluray S2 will release just before the start of S3 as HBO's way of promoting the series beyond their own subscribers.

DVD/Blu Ray of Season 2 will be released on February 19th (we'll probably get it on Feb 18th in the UK due to UK release dates generally being on the Monday, plus we got Season 1 a day before the US too). More details here:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/game-of-thrones-season-2-blu-ray-date-details
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    DVD/Blu Ray of Season 2 will be released on February 19th (we'll probably get it on Feb 18th in the UK due to UK release dates generally being on the Monday, plus we got Season 1 a day before the US too). More details here:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/game-of-thrones-season-2-blu-ray-date-details

Yep, I have my DVD box set on pre-order from Amazon same as for S1, I don't have a BluRay so just the normal version for me :) The show airs Stateside on 31 March if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

The extras look excellent, and loads of extra blu ray content, simular format to season 1 with the interactive guide and the little mini animated history and lore stories
    Looking forward to seeing this again on blu ray as I found the sky atlantic PQ very average.
    As a poster said underneath the article, this should have arrived before xmas, the delay is crazy. HBO should get with the times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeees. Those blu-ray extras look awesome yet again. Another load of animated backstory segments, the ones on S1 were brilliant and helped bring the things that weren't in the books into the show.
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent. looking forward to this. Game of Thrones prompted me to buy a Blu Ray player. Very glad I did as the picture is stunning on BR.
    Will dust off my S1 around xmas holidays I think...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    excellent. looking forward to this. Game of Thrones prompted me to buy a Blu Ray player. Very glad I did as the picture is stunning on BR.
    Will dust off my S1 around xmas holidays I think...

Its hard pressed to find a TV series that looks as good as GoT on blu ray, only downton abbey and sons of anarchy challenge it. One reason why I am looking forward to S2 on blu ray as I felt the season on sky atlantic HD lacked somewhat PQ wise. But TBH have never been that impressed with sky atlantic HD PQ full stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon have got S2 on blu ray listed as 4th march not 18 feb :cry: it comes with a amazon excusive bonus disc and they have reduced the pre-order price down to 36 quid, still very expensive though. The bonus dis is with the blu ray set only and not the DVD set so am guessing its a blu ray bonus disc and not just a DVD disc, lets hope so.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PN82FM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And of course if your not bothered about the bonus disc then sainsburys once again blow amazon out of the water on pre-order prices.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/David-Benioff/Game-Of-Thrones-Season-2/product.html?product=E11156323
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too concerned about the price for a GoT release. Should be another solid purchase, packed with stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon have got S2 on blu ray listed as 4th march not 18 feb :cry: it comes with a amazon excusive bonus disc and they have reduced the pre-order price down to 36 quid, still very expensive though. The bonus dis is with the blu ray set only and not the DVD set so am guessing its a blu ray bonus disc and not just a DVD disc, lets hope so.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PN82FM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And of course if your not bothered about the bonus disc then sainsburys once again blow amazon out of the water on pre-order prices.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/David-Benioff/Game-Of-Thrones-Season-2/product.html?product=E11156323
    Not checked this year but for Season 1 Amazon sold the Bluray with or without the Bonus Disc.

Without it was £5.00 cheaper so probably the same price Sainsburys sold it for.

Of course charging £5 extra for the disc doesn't really make it a Bonus just a rather expensive DVD with 20 mins of footage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not checked this year but for Season 1 Amazon sold the Bluray with or without the Bonus Disc.

Without it was £5.00 cheaper so probably the same price Sainsburys sold it for.

Of course charging £5 extra for the disc doesn't really make it a Bonus just a rather expensive DVD with 20 mins of footage.

So is the amazon bonus disc a DVD (not a blu ray) and just 20 minutes?, do you have a link to that info.
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just placed my pre-order. The cynic in me thinks the bonus disc on S2 will be the same bonus disc from S1...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is the amazon bonus disc a DVD (not a blu ray) and just 20 minutes?, do you have a link to that info.
    No idea what this years is but I'm pretty sure (did not get it myself) last years was a DVD with about 20 mins of footage.
    Edit
    See Here
    Also, it appears that Amazon UK is offering their own exclusive pre-order bonus video, “Creating the Visuals”, which is an 18 minute feature that promises to give viewers “a firsthand look at the visual effects used to bring Game of Thrones to HBO, from towering castles and sweeping landscapes, to complex stunts and fight sequences.”

No mention of the format there but I'm sure I saw elsewhere that it was a DVD not BR (seems a bit pointless for an 18 min featurette),
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Just placed my pre-order. The cynic in me thinks the bonus disc on S2 will be the same bonus disc from S1...

Looking at the Image on amazon.co.uk the Bonus disc has the same title as the one from Season 1 but presumably will be about the VFX on Season 2.

Oh and it does seem to be a Bluray Disc not DVD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    No idea what this years is but I'm pretty sure (did not get it myself) last years was a DVD with about 20 mins of footage.
    Edit
    See Here

No mention of the format there but I'm sure I saw elsewhere that it was a DVD not BR (seems a bit pointless for an 18 min featurette),

I got that bonus disc with Season 1 and can confirm that it was a Blu Ray disc (just checked it), so i'd assume it'll be the same for Season 2.