Options

EE: another superb performance by Adam Woodyatt

Comments

• Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think there might be something more to Sharon's absence during this storyline than the writers not being fussed with her. I'm not saying this to start a rumour or anything but maybe the actress is unavailable due to personal reasons. Whether the viewers and writers love or hate the character is irrelevant to her being involved in the story as Ian's best friend. I don't think the writers would exclude her just because they don't like writing for her. DTC said Sharon was coming back with a bang and I also can't see him stating something like that and not following it up. Something strange is going on in my opinion.

I agree Ben Hardy has been disappointing. I used to think he was a decent actor but he's been quite wooden during this storyline.
  • Options
    twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think AW has been absolutely brilliant so far. Yes, there are a few squeals and snorts, but this is how grief really is. Its not all controlled and silent, it comes over you in waves that you just cannot control. All sorts of noises and fluids come out your mouth and nose! :)
    To me, he is playing grief perfectly and to some who say it is being dragged out...grief doesn't clear up in a week or two and you are back to your normal self! Eastenders have written this, as it really is and if it stays true to life, I'm afraid the grief will go on for a little longer.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical selfish Ian dragging his grief out. :mad:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Typical selfish Ian dragging his grief out. :mad:

I know,you would think he would be over it by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

It's only been a few weeks, after all lol.

How long does the guy seriously want to be grieving for?

How long does it need to be inflicted on the poor viewers for??!

Not serious, BTW.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well it has been over a week.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beales grief is leaving me cold. I haven't been moved by their emotional reactions in the slightest. For me it's the combination of over acting and bad writing. Not to say the writers haven't done a good job constructing the grief scenes but I find it difficult to feel any sympathy for the characters involved.

I know Phil Mitchell isn't very popular on DS but Steve McFadden has been excellent in a very understated way. Compare the subtlety of his scenes to the over the top way in which Adam Woodyatt has been shrieking and squealing at every given opportunity. For me there's no comparison. Woodyatt is a good actor but he and the writers/directors have misjudged the execution of Ian's grief scenes. Less is more.

Ian has lost his daughter what do you expect him to do laugh and be happy or cry?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Same really, I don't like his girlie high pitched voice he does when he cries. It grates on me too. I prefer Phils quiet tears tbh.

Maybe you both have not went through a major loss like that. I went through something similar and was a complete mess everyday for a full year. I find it realistic. Sometimes when your in that much pain it hurts to even speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian has lost his daughter what do you expect him to do laugh and be happy or cry?

Don't be so rude, Mormon Girl.

I've seen grief done better on EastEnders is all I'm saying. Not everything has to be a spectacle.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Milking it for its all worth :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think lots of you are being selfish about Ian his daughter is dead and someone killed her he won't be happy until her killer is found. In real life when people are murdered do you think loved ones in real life are happy again after a few weeks? How would all of you feel if one of your children is murdered would you cry all the time or be happy.
  • Options
    niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great impression of Grand Nagus Zek from Star Trek Deep Space 9. The best I've ever seen.

I wasn't moved to tears but I nearly laughed a lung up. If that makes me heartless then so be it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

His snivelling just makes me want to hit him ( I know he has just lost his daughter!!). I also hate the way he shuffles around like he has got a broom shoved up his backside!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be so rude, Mormon Girl.

I've seen grief done better on EastEnders is all I'm saying. Not everything has to be a spectacle.

How am I being rude?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    niki1969 wrote: »

His snivelling just makes me want to hit him ( I know he has just lost his daughter!!). I also hate the way he shuffles around like he has got a broom shoved up his backside!!!

Ian is such a weasel I can't even feel sorry for him when his daughter has been murdered:D
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam and Steve's scene was very poignant yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    niki1969 wrote: »

Thankfully you dont write the scripts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Milking it for its all worth :D

He just wants more pity sex, that's probably when he performs best.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He just wants more pity sex, that's probably when he performs best.

Yes, using Lucy's death to get into Janes knickers, that scene still creeps me out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Yes, using Lucy's death to get into Janes knickers, that scene still creeps me out

It made me skin crawl, what episode to try and get back into EastEnders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twin wrote: »
    I think AW has been absolutely brilliant so far. Yes, there are a few squeals and snorts, but this is how grief really is. Its not all controlled and silent, it comes over you in waves that you just cannot control. All sorts of noises and fluids come out your mouth and nose! :)
    To me, he is playing grief perfectly and to some who say it is being dragged out...grief doesn't clear up in a week or two and you are back to your normal self! Eastenders have written this, as it really is and if it stays true to life, I'm afraid the grief will go on for a little longer.

This. If I found out one of my brothers or sister or parents or my extended family have been murdered I would be reacting like Ian is like crying all the time.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. If I found out one of my brothers or sister or parents or my extended family have been murdered I would be reacting like Ian is like crying all the time.

They are only joking Mormon Girl. :)

Of course Ian is suffering terrible grief at the moment.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think there might be something more to Sharon's absence during this storyline than the writers not being fussed with her. I'm not saying this to start a rumour or anything but maybe the actress is unavailable due to personal reasons. Whether the viewers and writers love or hate the character is irrelevant to her being involved in the story as Ian's best friend. I don't think the writers would exclude her just because they don't like writing for her. DTC said Sharon was coming back with a bang and I also can't see him stating something like that and not following it up. Something strange is going on in my opinion.

I agree Ben Hardy has been disappointing. I used to think he was a decent actor but he's been quite wooden during this storyline.

It does seem very odd. I hadn't considered her absence for the Dot storyline either. Never been a massive Shaton fan but it is a shame that she is probably one of the least significant out of all the current cast. Funny to think that her big rival Shirley is one of the big female leads, has a large family round get and is part landlady of the Vic whereas Sharon .....
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly, talk about attention seeking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    I agree. Steves acting was superb. So subtle, but so moving. As for Adam, up until yesterday I've been moved to tears by his grief. At the beginning of the scene in the restaurant, to about half way through, I was very moved by Adams performance. And then he started squealing. And I just laughed. At the end of the scene, I wanted to pat Steve McFadden on the back for keeping a straight face. He really was fantastic.
    I agree Adam needs to tone it down a good few notches. Otherwise the actings been fantastic, although I feel Ben Hardy and Jac Jossa have been a bit wooden. Laurie Brett and Mimi Keene surprised me, they were very good. But, for me, the standout so far has been Diane Parish. Very subtle, compared to Adam, her scenes with Rudolph Walker were amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from her. :)

And hopefully some scenes with Sharon in them (please.) :cry: >:( :cry::confused:
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must find it emotionally draining