EE - does that mean Mick is Shirley's son?!

Comments

• twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @bbceastenders: "Me and my Mum!" Watch the exclusive video featuring @MrDDyer http://t.co/vBCLjJ06vq #EastEnders
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to go with this storyline purely to see Linda combust on the spot when she realises Shirley is really her MIL wonder how Johnny, Nancy and lee will feel about aunt Shirley turning into nan shirl :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »
    @bbceastenders: "Me and my Mum!" Watch the exclusive video featuring @MrDDyer http://t.co/vBCLjJ06vq #EastEnders

I'm laughing so much :D Love Danny!

Now, did you get that Shirley is Mick's mum?!!!!! He said it about 20 times :D:D
  • Julie_SmithJulie_Smith Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    that video was so creepy
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    I'm happy to go with this storyline purely to see Linda combust on the spot when she realises Shirley is really her MIL wonder how Johnny, Nancy and lee will feel about aunt Shirley turning into nan shirl :D

Haha didn't even think of that!
  • GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Is that what they were getting at with that ending?! :eek:

Yes. If you read DS there's an article which says that Linda Henry (Shirley) found out months ago, while Danny was told only recently.

But if Linda hadn't wanted the storyline to happen, it wouldn't have done - apparently.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I wonder who Mick's father is, then.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still won't fully believe this. Shirley didnt say anything about him being her son.She just called him her baby.

After that mothers and sons scene with Sharon and Shirley, and Shirley talking about her son from the moment she woke up after that Duff Duff? Come on. That was BIG foreshadowing!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a lot of people speculating about this from the moment the Carters were announced. I guess they have kept it on the lowdown because DTC was debating whether to go through with it or not. Maybe they wanted to see how everything was working. Seeing as things have gone pretty darn well with the Carters they've made the right move here.

It's good that DTC entrusted Linda Henry with this info months ago and even involved her in the decision to go through with it. This guy obviously has a lot of respect for his cast. This all points to EE getting better and better under his reign.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I'll make a mental note to block this storyline from my memory.

I'm with you! Just stupid if this is the case. Aargh
  • twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who Mick's father is, then.

Stan, that's why Shirley hates him
  • nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not Stan. Shirley has said before Stan didn't fiddle with her.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

Not necessarily. Shirley could resent him for forcing him to give up her son to him and then neglecting him, forcing Mick to go into care. It also seems like he was the one who planted the seed in her head about not being fit to be a mother, he has a sharp tongue so he probably made her believe she was incapable of caring for a child so that caused all the abandonment issues with Dean.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on this s/l at all it's too similar to Kat and Ronnie, really disappointed in DTC, he said himself his not going to copy previous storylines and this is just it, I thought we was going to see more of Shirley's childhood and abuse she suffered off her mother, not another kept hidden teenage pregnancy, raised as a sibling etc.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I don't think they will go down the incest route, I reckon Shirley hates Stan for how he treated Mick and for putting him in care.
    I also think it will play out differently to the Kat/Zoe, similar basis but completely different characters and back story.
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute. Does that mean Tina is Mick's aunt? :o
  • CamzarellaCamzarella Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    They should have made Tina younger and made Shirl her Mum instead. Would have been a lot easier to stomach seeing as Shirl is very protective of her and was also a mother figure to Zsa Zsa for a while.

Zsa Zsa as a Granddaughter is MUCH more convincing to me. Shirl doesn't give too hoots about her 3 actual grandkids. She's ok with Johnny but barely talks to Nancy and doesn't seem to give two hoots that Grandson Lee is in Afghanistan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All makes perfect sense now how she has consistently messed it up with her other kids. Shirley could never cope. I was thinking Phil got the wrong end of the stick but since they have confirmed I guess he didnt lol

She must have given birth when she was like 12 though?!!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley's guide to being a shit mother :
    Abandoned your kids for drink and men
    Selfishly tell your kids the man they thought was their isn't their dad
    Burn down your sons home
    Steal from him
    Force him to put your name above the Vic, if he doesn't they won't be getting the money your dad gave you
  • enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there will be more twist to come.
  • issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Oh my actual days. In so much shock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member

Yeah, because she couldn't resent him for forcing her to give him up?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's definitely not Stan, Babe & Sylvie know the truth for sure, the thing is Mick still doesn't know that Shirley is his Mum, who is Mick' s Father then?
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't watched it yet but im gutted already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who saw this coming? It's been obvious IMO