Options

Note 3 or wait for note 4/iphone 6

Music21Music21 Posts: 21
Forum Member
Thanks to the advice from my earlier thread, I've decided the note series is the one for me. However, with just a matter of months until the note 4 comes out, part of me is saying holdback and wait. Note 3 is now cheaper than before and so is really attractive but the note 4 is rumoured to include some pretty nice features. Also there's the iphone 6 as well launching around the same time as the note 4 if apple keeps the tradition. Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really up to you. Do you see yourself using the extra features rumoured for the Note 4? Do you think you'd be happy with an iPhone 6 and its extra features? If you think the Note 3 is a bargain now, if you can wait until the Note 4 comes out, you'll be able to get it for even cheaper if the 4 doesn't appeal to you.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today has been my first day with the note 3 upgrading from a S4. The note 3 is fantastic. Battery life walks all over my old S4. Since this taking it off charge 16 hours ago I've got 15% left with with 5 hrs screen time with most of the day on 3G/4G. S4 couldn't get close to that unless I was plugging it in every chance I got. The size of the note 3 is great for me. Fits easy in my pockets and I don't have any problems using one handed.

No matter what time of year it is there is always the hot new phone due to be released in the next few months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I am thinking of waiting too. Though 3 are selling the s5 for £400 and the more 3 for £440
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's such a tricky decision. There is ALWAYS a new better model coming up so it boils down to whether you want your Note 3 NOW or you're happy to wait until the autumn!
    I decided not to wait for the iPhone 6 partly because there'll be a new improved version a few months later and I wanted an Android big screen phone NOW!
    Do you know yet what sort of extra features Note 4 will include?
    I always worry that come the new one I'll regret rushing into having an older version.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    Today has been my first day with the note 3 upgrading from a S4. The note 3 is fantastic. Battery life walks all over my old S4. Since this taking it off charge 16 hours ago I've got 15% left with with 5 hrs screen time with most of the day on 3G/4G. S4 couldn't get close to that unless I was plugging it in every chance I got. The size of the note 3 is great for me. Fits easy in my pockets and I don't have any problems using one handed.

No matter what time of year it is there is always the hot new phone due to be released in the next few months.

Your S4 must have had a bad battery mine only needs 1 charge a day.
    But the note 3 does look really nice with big massive screen.
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under heavy use the S4 can easily run out within a day, especially on LTE. That's not a bad battery issue, it's just a phone so powerful it can run down the battery in a few hours issue.

The Note 3 simply has a considerably bigger battery.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your S4 must have had a bad battery mine only needs 1 charge a day.
    But the note 3 does look really nice with big massive screen.

I used a Anker battery as a spare which was better then the Samsung battery but not much better. My S4 could last all day on a single charge if I didn't use it as much as I wanted to.
  • Options
    Music21Music21 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the posts. Probably going to wait for note 4.
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up the Note 3 last weekend on Three, and I have to say, I'm really impressed. After using a Galaxy S3 and dabbling with an S5, this Note 3 is everything I want from a phone and more. It's fast, battery is amazing, the screen is awesome and that S-Pen is genuinely brilliant!

:) Mark
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I'd say wait as it is so close but depends on whether you are willing to pay the bigger price for the Note 4. The Note takes a while to drop in price so you may have a wait if price is a factor.