Does the law recognise male rape?

BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even if it is by a woman?

Just watched something that is why I asked.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/rape_and_sexual_offences/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rape (section 1)

The elements of rape are:

(A) intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis;
    (B) does not consent to the penetration, and
    (A) does not reasonably believe that (B) consents

Penetration of the mouth is included.

Rape is still a crime of basic intent, and drunkenness is no defence."

"Assault by penetration (section 2)

The elements of assault by penetration are:

A person (A) intentionally penetrates the vagina or anus of another person (B) with a part of their body or anything else:
    The penetration is sexual
    (B) does not consent to the penetration, and
    (A) does not reasonably believe that (B) consents.

The meaning of sexual, consent, reasonable belief and the evidential and conclusive presumptions all apply to this offence. "

So it looks like they do not consider it to be rape.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand how a man can claim he has been raped by a woman. I know if I'm not in the mood nothing is going to get me to rise to the occasion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    I can't understand how a man can claim he has been raped by a woman. I know if I'm not in the mood nothing is going to get me to rise to the occasion.

Maybe if you used a little imagination and thought of a woman strapping on a lovely 10 inch cock and then sticking it up your arse.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, you have total erectile control, unlike other men.

Unwanted sexual response is unfortunately common in rape, sometimes a victim (male or female) can even orgasm, even during a brutal attack, which leaves them with all kinds of confused guilt.

It's a physical response. You no more control that than you do your perspiration.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The short answer, legally speaking, is no.

Rape (as it's written in law) must be committed by somebody with a penis. Seeing as women don't have penises, it isn't technically possible.

Women can still be prosecuted for the rape of a male, but it would be considered a sexual assault charge IIRC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    Maybe if you used a little imagination and thought of a woman strapping on a lovely 10 inch cock and then sticking it up your arse.

I did originally put unless she uses a dildo where the sun don't shine but deleted it before posting. As that's not rape, yes its sexual assault but not rape.
    WokStation wrote: »
    Yeah, you have total erectile control, unlike other men.

Unwanted sexual response is unfortunately common in rape, sometimes a victim (male or female) can even orgasm, even during a brutal attack, which leaves them with all kinds of confused guilt.

It's a physical response. You no more control that than you do your perspiration.

I never said I had full erectile control did I. But if I'm not in the mood my prick won't get hard simple.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Millions of men who have tried for a baby with a woman who takes their ovulation cycle incredibly seriously, to the extent that sex MUST happen during their most fertile points will disagree with you on this one quite strongly, myself included.

Also, remember that rape is not limited to the violent/forceful variety, its an issue of consent. For example if a man is unable to consent then that would to any reasonable minded person be rape; exactly as it would be if it were a woman, the most obvious example would be due to drink.

Hypnodisc wrote: »

Rape (as it's written in law) must be committed by somebody with a penis. Seeing as women don't have penises, it isn't technically possible.

Women can still be prosecuted for the rape of a male, but it would be considered a sexual assault charge IIRC.

Correct, its wrong though, in law rape should simply be about consent without any consideration for the genders involved.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member

As others have said, a woman cannot rape anyone (in UK countries' law). She can of course be prosecuted for other serious sexual offences.

But both men and women can be raped by a man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did originally put unless she uses a dildo where the sun don't shine but deleted it before posting. As that's not rape, yes its sexual assault but not rape.

I never said I had full erectile control did I. But if I'm not in the mood my prick won't get hard simple.

You wrote:
    "I can't understand how a man can claim he has been raped by a woman. I know if I'm not in the mood nothing is going to get me to rise to the occasion."

That is why I wrote what I did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're wrong, it can happen to you too.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/science-arousal-during-rape
    Of those who report their rapes, around 4–5% also describe experiencing orgasm. But the true numbers are likely much higher. In a 2004 review paper, a clinician reports, "I (have) met quite a lot of victims (males) who had the full sexual response during sexual abuse…I (have) met several female victims of incest and rape who had lubrication and orgasm."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most men may not realise that women can have an orgasm during giving birth. However, I am sure that most women do not find the experience pleasurable, it is just something that happens.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if a woman ties up a man and arouses him and forces intercourse on him, then theoretically she is the rape victim not the man? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    So if a woman ties up a man and arouses him and forces intercourse on him, then theoretically she is the rape victim not the man? :confused:

No the man is the rape victim... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She couldn't be a 'rape victim' as she would be consenting to (and actually instigating) the act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »

There must be something wrong with me, if im not 100 % in the mood nothings going to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She couldn't be a 'rape victim' as she would be consenting to (and actually instigating) the act.

But what if she cried rape and went to the police? Wouldn't she be assumed to be the victim with evidence of penetration/semen on her? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rape (as it's written in law) must be committed by somebody with a penis.

Male rape could occur from a man being penetrated by another man?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Male rape could occur from a man being penetrated by another man?

Well, yeah, that would be rape too.

The OP said 'by a woman' though.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd pay good money for that.....
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be something wrong with me, if im not 100 % in the mood nothings going to happen.

Same here - the slightest genuine stress knocks it on the head for me (no pun intended :o)

Not that I have ever been a victim - or at any rate, what I would personally interpret as a victim. More like sweet surrender :kitty:
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female on Male rape happens in the comedy film 40 Days and 40 Nights
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what if she cried rape and went to the police? Wouldn't she be assumed to be the victim with evidence of penetration/semen on her? :confused:

That happens all the time, whatever the circumstances, when women cry rape.

As for the question, it's been answered, rape has to be carried by someone with a penis, which usually means a man. There have been cases where a woman has been convicted of rape by assisting a man carry out the act.

When a woman forces a man to have sex other serious offences are there, which carry an equal sentence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Same here - the slightest genuine stress knocks it on the head for me (no pun intended :o)

Not that I have ever been a victim - or at any rate, what I would personally interpret as a victim. More like sweet surrender :kitty:

Nothing like a bit of bravado to beat medical science, eh? ;-)

In fact, that sort of "yeah but not me" attitude contributes to the guilty confusion if it does happen; " why did I cum/get hard/wet? Does that mean I wanted it? Enjoyed it?" - no, they just thought it couldn't happen if they weren't in the mood.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. There is noway I could be raped by a woman.