Options

The hate for Conor.....warranted or not?

Comments

• Options
    .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should have been kicked out,the backlash is all CH5's fault.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phone the police then

Why should I? I think that what Conor did was wrong, not illegal. There can be a difference.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    get the nasty thug out and we will all gladly forget about him.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    OK now I get the feeling i'm gonna get a lot of stick for this but a lot of the hate for Conor on here is stupid

Yeah he ranted about Deana and said some stuff but he did apologise for it. He didnt actually do the things he said he'd do and doubt he ever would, and its not classed as bullying as he didnt say it to deana directly otherwise where are all the get Caroline/Ashleigh bullying threads.

Also on a side note if someone is angry and cooped up in the house please tell me other ways of actually venting your anger without being physical?

Whhhaaaaaaat? You cannot be serious.
  • Options
    SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor is not a rapist which has been suggested by some but what he said was aggressive and nothing but in tolerable, he should of been given a stern warning from BB, if Deana was my daughter, sister, friend or gf(I wish) then I would be worried about Conor comments but I dont think he will do anything physical to Deana or anyone else for that matter(he wont do anything to Ben at the wrap party). If he tried anything Deana will probably drop kick hi in his nose, hopefully the crowd will influence a few votes from HMs go his way next week.
  • Options
    LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    GeekNZL wrote: »
    Threats of violence and sexual assault are not things to be taken lightly. That's the whole point.

this is what you said, so you dont think this is illegal:confused:
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% warranted.

I cannot believe some people are going out of their way to justify his actions.
    Sickening.
  • Options
    weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    dirtdirt wrote: »
    Besure to waste their time as well....a verbal/physical threat in the real world has to actually be made to their face....keep going on with this fanatical crap and I will start voting to save the bastard.

If you think it's fanatical you may wish to see what landed in my PM message box to day from one of the little tur*'s mates.....I'd say this is a physical threat made directly to me....

(Title) Dick

(Message) Weeesel your right you are ,,, what a astatine you are ,,, **** up now about Conor or I'll make u **** up ,,, you crying pussy ,,, get on with your shitty boring life and stop wasting your time posting comments about bb hahahahha what a sad person
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What he said was disgusting, we are asked why there is so much hate for Conor, but the other question is why so much Hate from Conor towards Deana over her not eating some spam. Arron is no better with some of the vile things he as said about Deana, he also called her sh*t. I understand food is important in the house, but they havent gone without food yet, they havent gone without treats, if the task had been that they had been on basic rations for 3 weeks, yes people will get angry but not to the extent Conor went to.

Now today BB are bigging Conor up on the chan 5 web site because he's done the shopping list, and got treats for the others albeit he spent £35 pound each on protien shake for himself, Luke S and Arron.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yes if anything it's not enough
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For what he said he should have been removed. But the producers are the ones engulfing the flames because of their blatant ignorance to it all!

You are right......the furore is because BB are trying to make light and not punish Conor for his indefensible. remarks............no wonder some fans are feeling there is no justice......
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    weeesel wrote: »
    If you think it's fanatical you may wish to see what landed in my PM message box to day from one of the little tur*'s mates.....I'd say this is a physical threat made directly to me....

(Title) Dick

(Message) Weeesel your right you are ,,, what a astatine you are ,,, **** up now about Conor or I'll make u **** up ,,, you crying pussy ,,, get on with your shitty boring life and stop wasting your time posting comments about bb hahahahha what a sad person

your not the first member to get a message from his pathetic friends as someone else got one yesterday or the day before. the best thing to do is report the idiot and everyone else should do the same if they get any messages from his stupid friends.
  • Options
    nerf666nerf666 Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    What he said was disgusting, we are asked why there is so much hate for Conor, but the other question is why so much Hate from Conor towards Deana over her not eating some spam. Arron is no better with some of the vile things he as said about Deana, he also called her sh*t. I understand food is important in the house, but they havent gone without food yet, they havent gone without treats, if the task had been that they had been on basic rations for 3 weeks, yes people will get angry but not to the extent Conor went to.

Now today BB are bigging Conor up on the chan 5 web site because he's done the shopping list, and got treats for the others albeit he spent £35 pound each on protien shake for himself, Luke S and Arron.

Spot on, great post. BB trying to get this under the carpet ASAP - dont let them off! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't hate the guy, just hate the fact he has not been ejected. Also hated what he said
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    You are right......the furore is because BB are trying to make light and not punish Conor for his indefensible. remarks............no wonder some fans are feeling there is no justice......

Exactly, it's the lack of real punishment that is at the bottom of the outrage. They are making a mockery of their own rules of not tolerating certain behaviour.

They have tolerated it by allowing him to remain with little more than a grudging apology.

FMs are fully entitled to say what they like about it as long as they stay within the forum t & cs.
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate is unwarranted but we can all hate what he said.

This is why I feel he should be removed as one of two things will invariably happen.

1. Conor will get a glowingly positive edit and tasks that make him look good, prepping and help by BB while the sideshows extole the virtues of Conor and he'll gain popularity with the casual viewers.

2. Things will remain more or less the same and the negative feeling for him will grow until he comes out unfairly hated by the public and like many HMs before him had trouble adjusting back to real life.

I find neither option acceptable.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trish123 wrote: »
    I think he is disgusting. You can vent anger like Jay and Lauren did which is fair enough imo. Threatenening physical violence and sexual assault on a female hm to other hm's is disgusting. I don't have enough respect to hate him I despise all he stands for though.

Jay also threatened violence, said he would bash someone up I believe or smash their head in.No complaints to offcom though, funny that.
  • Options
    weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Jay also threatened violence, said he would bash someone up I believe or smash their head in.No complaints to offcom though, funny that.
    Loads of extremely adverse reaction on the forum though...... and to be honest, it's a REAL achievement for McIntyre to be worse than McKray....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weeesel wrote: »
    it's a REAL achievement for McIntyre to be worse than McKray....
    I was just thinking the same thing ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what you said, so you dont think this is illegal:confused:

I don't know. I'm no legal expert. But I assume that if Conor's actions were illegal then the police would have taken appropriate action by now.

In any case, legal or not, he did threaten violence and sexual assault, and that is clearly wrong and unacceptable behavior, and it is not, as I said, to be taken lightly.

(It might not count as a threat by a legal definition of "threat". I don't know about that. But by an ordinary understanding, it was a threat.)

I hope this clarifies things for you.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    GeekNZL wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm no legal expert. But I assume that if Conor's actions were illegal then the police would have taken appropriate action by now.

In any case, legal or not, he did threaten violence and sexual assault, and that is clearly wrong and unacceptable behavior, and it is not, as I said, to be taken lightly.

(It might not count as a threat by a legal definition of "threat". I don't know about that. But by an ordinary understanding, it was a threat.)

I hope this clarifies things for you.

His actions are illegal but the person who was threatened has to be the one to press chargers.

If Deana heard them and asked BB to contact the police there is nothing BB could do but comply
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    100% warranted.

I cannot believe some people are going out of their way to justify his actions.
    Sickening.

I suppose that tells you all you need to know about those people.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!

They obviously did not know there would be such a backlash, I wonder if they regret supporting him now? Its not going to die down is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I suppose that tells you all you need to know about those people.

I agree with you, I cannot believe the attitude of some posters.

They obviously know nothing about the realities of domestic violence and do not know anyone who has suffered it.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you and find the whole furore mindbendingly tedious and hypocritical..What Connor said was very wrong, it was not trivial and its information about him, negative information.The reaction he will get outside and beyond is punishment enough.It will take a long time for him to live this down.

He is safer inside the house Imo, because of the amount of nutters about.I guess in their way BB are trying to protect him from his own stupidity.Its obvious he would not do what he said in real life and was trying to look big among the lads,more fool him.Obviously no self awareness but then not many in their twenties have much of that.

The whole thing reminds me of what was said on this forum about Jedward during their CBB, vile stuff.That they were retards,awful word, spastics, having sex with each other and also diagnosed with a variety of mental disabilities.Their crimes, being messy, throwing a mattress in the pool and dropping coleslaw. How many of the same posters are now phoning offcom in outrage:rolleyes:
    Its like the rules that apply to the Hm's do not apply to us too, but they do apply.We can be vile but they cant.:confused:
    Noone is all good or all bad. Nothing is black or white.
    But BB fans love a villain to demonise.Just look at how busy the forum has become.

The ones who are outraged are entitled to their opinions but so are we without being attacked or called apologists or fans. We all perceive things differently, and BB shows us the all too human imperfect side of ourselves as well as the Hm's.