Options

Corrie : Bring back Dev's family and a new love interest

Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think that with Sunita the tart leaving, it will be a good time to bring back Dev's family and possibly a new love interest
The likelihood that he will leave is the likelihood Sean will leave, so its better to at least give him a new storyline
Possibly Nina Wadia or Meera Syal playing a new love interest
And Im sure he previuosly had comic family members during 2006-2007
I started watching Corrie in early 2010, so Im not sure
What do you think?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The uncle (Uman?) and the two aunts were wonderful, it would be great to see them again.

On the other hand, when dev's in love it just becomes vomit-inducing. I'd rather we skipped that suggestion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    The uncle (Uman?) and the two aunts were wonderful, it would be great to see them again.

On the other hand, when dev's in love it just becomes vomit-inducing. I'd rather we skipped that suggestion.

Im sure he has some female love interests before , Why cant they come back, ive forgotten the names sorry
  • Options
    Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill Dev off - send Asda & Aldi to live at Uncle M&S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill Dev off - send Asda & Aldi to live at Uncle M&S

As Ive said before, they are less likely to kill off a character whose been on the show for at least 10 years:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie2010 wrote: »
    As Ive said before, they are less likely to kill off a character whose been on the show for at least 10 years:rolleyes:

theyve killed long standing characters off before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theyve killed long standing characters off before

I think that with Sunita's departure, more can be done with Dev
    Knowing that Stuart is taking over,he might have a tradional affair for Dev.
    The liklihood that he leaves after Sunita's death is also an option, but would rather him stay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that with Sunita's departure, more can be done with Dev
    Knowing that Stuart is taking over,he might have a tradional affair for Dev.
    The liklihood that he leaves after Sunita's death is also an option, but would rather him stay

i wouldnt,awful OTT Acting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wouldnt,awful OTT Acting

Given that he hardly has scenes, it gives him time to over exadurate on the scenes when he gets them:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that he hardly has scenes, it gives him time to over exadurate on the scenes when he gets them:D

Mad Myra Should of killed the pair of them back in the day
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    This is a wind up thread .

Dev the disasterious is by far the worst actor ever, ever, ah to hell another, ever to have walked on the cobbles.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Myra Should of killed the pair of them back in the day

Yeah - Mad Maya was brilliantly bonkers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Yeah - Mad Maya was brilliantly bonkers.

Was there a funeral for her, could the producer think of a way for her come back:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a funeral for her, could the producer think of a way for her come back:confused:

she didnt die - there was ment to be an on-screen trail but the actor who plays dev had to go on a break meaning a off-screen trail was done
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of Dev, poor actor with crap storylines to boot!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    Get rid of Dev, poor actor with crap storylines to boot!

Agreed. But sadly, he is one of the show's "unsackables".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    They could bring back Uncle Umed, he was alright. They should bring back Amber though, to help Dev out with the kids. Also, didn't Chris Bisson (who is currently playing Jai in Emmerdale) play Dev's brother at one point? Not that he could return to the cobbles right now. But if he could that could be interesting.

As for a love interest I kind of prefer him as being a ladies man. But if they want to tie him down again I think it should be with Tara. He did plan on marrying her afterall. Other than Sunita it's probably been the most serious he's been about any woman.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Dev needs a new love interest once the godawful Sunita shuffles off her mortal coil shortly.

Dev has been on the street forever, and when they stop trying to make him into some ridiculous 'comedy' character, he can act drama sls perfectly well.

Anyway, imo, there is never any justification in sacking a character just because his other half leaves/is axed or whatever. Why should he suffer?

This is the perfect time to bring back Uncle U and the aunties who will find him a new love interest, (whether he wants it or not). :D
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    The Aunties were Sunitas aunts.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh, nooo! Not a Dev storyline, please!! His other lovers and children have all buggered off and even Sunita would rather burn to death rather than risk getting back together with him!!

Dev, Asda and Aldi should all emigrate to Australia to get away from all the bad memories and start their own corner shop empire. Dev could leave wearing a hat with corks. I could avoid that episode and then go back to a Dev free Corrie. Bliss!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deirdre should get a job in the shop so Dev can rekindle his affair with her.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek:

I'm still having nightmares over the previous one:D
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

I'm still having nightmares over the previous one:D

It was that scene with her hand rubbing Dev's hairy belly afterwards that really made me feel ill.

:eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    It was that scene with her hand rubbing Dev's hairy belly afterwards that really made me feel ill.

:eek: :D

Lol, Dev's 70s chest rug & Deirdre's chain belts are a match made in heaven. :D

Plus Dev needs someone new to call "Honeeeeeeeeeey" ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, Dev's 70s chest rug & Deirdre's chain belts are a match made in heaven. :D

Plus Dev needs someone new to call "Honeeeeeeeeeey" ;)

Didnt Dev go out with Tracy too:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They should of done that when Sunita had the affair and when Wendy Crozier came back:)