Options

Are tensions between different ethnicity’s’ and religions increasing in the UK?

basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
Forum Member
Over the last few months I have noticed (mostly online through also a couple of incidents in real life) an increase in racism and religious tension. Has anyone else noticed these? And what could be done to reduce them and what effect could this have on the country?

Comments

• Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst of it is still in Northern Ireland though and will be for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I think there is a good case for some of the media, and parts of the government to be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred.

Sadly that wont happen though :(
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only since I've been on here. In the real world I never see any kind of racial tension
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Over the last few months I have noticed (mostly online through also a couple of incidents in real life) an increase in racism and religious tension. Has anyone else noticed these? And what could be done to reduce them and what effect could this have on the country?

Given your posting history, you tend to see racism where there isn't any, so to answer your question, no.
  • Options
    mills705mills705 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your referring to the immigration raids/ stops and the uproar about it. Load of fuss over nothing!
    Majority of those that come to the uk in an illegal manner will be from a certain part of the world. So will have a certain ethnicity. Hence why they will be targeted to ensure they have the right to remain in the uk!
    Most of the raids etc are based on intelligence so will therefore be more than likely successful!
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    mills705 wrote: »
    If your referring to the immigration raids/ stops and the uproar about it. Load of fuss over nothing!
    Majority of those that come to the uk in an illegal manner will be from a certain part of the world. So will have a certain ethnicity. Hence why they will be targeted to ensure they have the right to remain in the uk!
    Most of the raids etc are based on intelligence so will therefore be more than likely successful!
    But many of those with that ethncity will have been born in tht country. So if they are being targeted because of simply their race then surely then it is wrong.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I embrace multicultaralism. Some of my best friends are Kofti and Shish.