The Wanted announce 'break' after 2014 tour

2»

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Tekken_Guy wrote: »
    Well, 1D debuted at #27 in the U.S. with WMYB despite having no promo over there. TW had to work its way from the bottom up.

I know.

For everything that is said about them, they've tried incredibly hard to do well, they've toured constantly around radio stations and doing radio gigs for close to 2 years now.

Having Braun as their manager has helped them in the smallest way. Their biggest mistake was getting sidetracked by America and losing fans here.

I think it's a shame they've decided to do it now personally, I know most don't agree but I think there is 3 talented lads in that group, Jay isn't that bad and Siva, well he looks good. Kind of reminds me of the talent level of their rivals if I'm honest, except they have Nathan who is a brilliant singer and writer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I know.

For everything that is said about them, they've tried incredibly hard to do well, they've toured constantly around radio stations and doing radio gigs for close to 2 years now.

Having Braun as their manager has helped them in the smallest way. Their biggest mistake was getting sidetracked by America and losing fans here.

I think it's a shame they've decided to do it now personally, I know most don't agree but I think there is 3 talented lads in that group, Jay isn't that bad and Siva, well he looks good. Kind of reminds me of the talent level of their rivals if I'm honest, except they have Nathan who is a brilliant singer and writer

I agree. They tried so hard to break America they alienated the fans they have back in the UK. That really destroyed their career over here.

1D's popularity in the US came naturally. The Wanted's felt forced.
    Forum Member
    Tekken_Guy wrote: »
    I agree. They tried so hard to break America they alienated the fans they have back in the UK. That really destroyed their career over here.

1D's popularity in the US came naturally. The Wanted's felt forced.

They could have come back I'm sure of it. Just less focus on the US. I hope they come back with a new sound and if they don't, as a fan I'm happy with the three albums I've got.
    Forum Member
    Max has given an interview to Dan Wooton, apparently causing it a split and saying there has been tension for a year, that has led to Tom tweeting "fu*k you and fu*k you".
  • thelizzyukzthelizzyukz Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    honestly if they didn't bother to crack America they would sell more as their main fanbase is in the UK and some of europe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max has given an interview to Dan Wooton, apparently causing it a split and saying there has been tension for a year, that has led to Tom tweeting "fu*k you and fu*k you".

Ooosh in the paper tomorrow?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max - Offered recording contract, releases 1 dance track which makes top 30 then is dropped

John - Focuses on Radio, gets signed to Radio 1 for night show and becomes itv2 presenter

Jay - Joins I'm A Celebrity before disappearing

Siva - Focuses on modelling, is successful and featured on the ads of the likes of M&S, Debenhams

Nathan - Gets signed for single career gets 2 top 3 singles, continues to write singles for many other artists
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    Ooosh in the paper tomorrow?

On Sun+ at 10pm tonight..

Wooton has shot himself in the foot a little, first he said the interview happened with Max in London, then when it was pointed out Max was in Manchester last night, the story changed to it happened over the phone at 11pm but then superfans looked at Max's twitter and he was tweeting pictures at the time Wooton says he was on the phone.. Very confusing lol.

Unfortunately I won't be going anywhere near the site
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There has been a blind about tensions in a popular band which everyone presumed was 1D, perhaps it is TW. But saying that these blinds can just be all hot air anyway
    Forum Member
    According to article, Scooter Braun offered solo deals, Max and Nathan said yes, Jay, Tom and Siva didn't want to.

Max hasn't spoken to any of them since the announcement but says he and Nathan will both be on the tour.