Irresponsible corrie.

13»

Comments

• dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked after someone with Alzheimer's and I have to admit the portrayal of Leslie was pretty much spot on.

Leslie wasn't even at the stage where she was unmanageable yet.

Every sufferer is different, but I saw a lot of similarities between Leslie and my relative - who is now free from this terrible disease.
    Unfortunately the people who are criticising the portrayal can't have had any experience on the condition and are not open to being educated about it. I suspect they still think it's a case of the person just forgetting things.

Such a shame; it was done in consultion with the Alzheimers Society, who have praised the portrayal of both Leslie and of Eileen and Paul's characters and the difficulties and dilemmas they all faced. I think they hoped, that by showing how it manifested in one person (there are variations on the basic condition) it would raise awareness of it. Shame there are still some who think they know better than the Alzheimers Society.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    jsmith, you have made my day, thank you soooo much. I think I wuv you. :cool::D:D

And that's quite enough of that..... unless you're a sexy 60s granny, of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    sadly alzheimers can (and does in some patients) manifest in the numerous difficult and uncomfortable ways portrayed in corrie. without going in to detail i'll simply say this storyline hit close to home, and i can see from the responses here it has done for many others.

well done corrie, and especially the actress in the role of lesley.