Daily Mail writer on 'Mother & Son'

Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
Forum Member
'We’re called Mother And Son because we’re a mother and a son act,' explained the mother, who had the air of a benign Rose West about her.

Surely this is out of order? How can they get away with that?

Comments

• PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely this is out of order? How can they get away with that?

She should sue them for those defamatory remarks . Disgusting to say that . Could ruin that woman's life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Get away with what ?:confused:

If you can't be bothered to read, why bother replying?
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the scummy rag, but I did chuckle.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Jim Shelley, for those that don't know, for many years wrote Tapehead and then wrote a highly respected TV review column in the Daily Mirror.. He is freelance and not a "Daily Mail" writer.

The act was creepy as was the mother's somewhat brooding presence. I hardly think this remark is going to "ruin her life".

Some people need to get one
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's funny I said to my mate she reminded me of rose!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Jim Shelley, for those that don't know, for many years wrote Tapehead and then wrote a highly respected TV review column in the Daily Mirror.. He is freelance and not a "Daily Mail" writer.

The act was creepy as was the mother's somewhat brooding presence. I hardly think this remark is going to "ruin her life".

Some people need to get one

Ah, that old chestnut again. It seems to be the go-to-response on here for people when they can't really think of anything else to say.

Lazy. :)
  • themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this act. Were they any good ?
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Ah, that old chestnut again. It seems to be the go-to-response on here for people when they can't really think of anything else to say.

Lazy. :)

Well if people write shit they can expect no other response :rolleyes:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,946
    Forum Member
    I missed this act. Were they any good ?
    No! The boy had a half decent voice but the mother shouldn't have been on the stage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Well if people write shit they can expect no other response :rolleyes:

Its you that's writing manure . How would you like if people in your neighbourhood referred to you as Rose or Fred West after you appeared on BGT .:rolleyes:
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its you that's writing manure . How would you like if people in your neighbourhood referred to you as Rose or Fred West after you appeared on BGT .:rolleyes:

You overstating the "harm" that could befall that woman because of a TV review is the causing the real stink.

I should try keeping things in perspective
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless - they were a totally talentless duo.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    *Brain bleach needed* - it was awful. The mother shouldnt have been on stage, the son just looked embarrassed and he didnt have a very good voice either TBH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    You overstating the "harm" that could befall that woman because of a TV review is the causing the real stink.

I should try keeping things in perspective

Its the DM that should keep things in perspective and stop writing such garbage .

Remember this pair were specially picked by Cowells team out of the thousands of hopefuls that applied that day . You can draw your own conclusions as to why.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Remember this pair were specially picked by Cowells team out of the thousands of hopefuls that applied that day . You can draw your own conclusions as to why.

Surely its obvious. The real talent is carefully handed, carefully and none too subtly publicised from one week to another but they always need some 'disastrous' acts to provide the 'entertainment'.

Every year, (and this happens in overseas versions as well), they bring forward the real no-hopers with the intention of seeing them make fools of themselves and so on.

Basically, it is cruel and really immoral to raise false hope in so many otherwise normal decent folk.

In many ways it is as bad as the days when people paid money to see the lunatics in Bedlam and other asylums.

Let Walliams and co make fools of themselves - they are very well paid to do that - but show some compassion to the 'ordinary folk'.
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this act. Were they any good ?[/QUOTE/]

absolutely fantastic should have got through they could have won the show :D