Options

Charmed

y0david6y0david6 Posts: 4,130
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did Anyone on here ever watch the show.

It aired on living tv and channel 5 over here in the uk?

Comments

• Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Charmed was great. The only thing I didnt particularly care for was Billy in the final season, I thought the actress was terrible.

But I did love Piper and Leo.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it, every season.

It's still on Living Monday-Friday with double episodes at 4pm & 5pm - when they get to the end of season 8 they just start all over again.

Magic!
  • Options
    SnappSnapp Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite an okay show for the first 4 Seasons but became so lame & girly after that.
  • Options
    spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charmed was and is still one of my favarite shows. it had the best ending to a series.the reason billie was is in charmed was the wb wented new people in the show and the budget was slashed.to allow billie and henry in leo and morris had to go. they could not afford to have leo on entire season 8.
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we loved it in my family. Agreed though, Billie was a big mistake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    loved it - and am watching it right now on living!
  • Options
    themightyruththemightyruth Posts: 3,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaley Cuoco who played Billie is much more suited for comedies I think she is great in big bang theory.
  • Options
    spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaley Cuoco who played Billie is much more suited for comedies I think she is great in big bang theory.
    you are right she new it was the last season and
    did not work as hard she did on 3 simple rules,i l might be wrong.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    Yes, Charmed was great. The only thing I didnt particularly care for was Billy in the final season, I thought the actress was terrible.

But I did love Piper and Leo.

I thought the series 7 ending was supposed to be the end, but then they went for a series too far and series 8 all just seemed a bit cobbled together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    How many times has it been repeated from start to finish on living TV lol??

I used to watch the show, and watched regularly up until the end of series 5. I then watched a few random episodes from series 6 and 7. Recently I watched the series (8) finale just to see how they closed it all. Again Ive caught some episodes that i hadnt watched before from series 6,7 & 8 thanks to Living's multiple reruns.

Ive lost count of how many times Ive seen certain episodes from the earlier series'.

Like Living TV, Tele 5 in Spain, later Cuatro, have rerun the series in its entirety multiple times, always returning to the strat once they get to the last ever episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    i love charmed shame it ended i hope one day they make a charmed film but can't see it happening
  • Options
    scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Charmed and still do.

My favourite character used to be Chris...:o and Piper. Piper was just so funny most of the times.

Billie and Paige never really worked for me. Phoebe's boyfriend Jason (her boss) should have stayed on imo....:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it went on too long and the last series was dire. Although I loved the last 5 minutes of the last episode where they looked into the future. That was lovely.

I got tired of all the on again off again stuff with Phoebe and Cole. But overall it was a fantastic show.

Piper was my favourite. She was much more down to earth and practical than the others. She had a great sense of humour.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    I thought the series 7 ending was supposed to be the end, but then they went for a series too far and series 8 all just seemed a bit cobbled together.

I think it (season 8) was designed at one point as a possible spring board for a spin off? I dont know, I dont remember.

What I do rememebr is that in the very last episode, Paige and Phoebe didnt even appear till quite the way in, and it was mainly just focused on Piper. Which is cool with me.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I love it. I have the whole series on dvd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    I think it (season 8) was designed at one point as a possible spring board for a spin off? I dont know, I dont remember.

Yes, but Kaley Cuoco (Billie) wasn't interested.

For quite some time, Charmed was one of my favourite TV shows. During its first four series, it was really good, but went off the rails with a train wreck of a fifth series. It recovered slightly in its sixth and seventh series, but I don't think it was ever the same after that. The final series was just crap, and I attribute that to the focus on Billie and her family rather than the Charmed Ones. But then again, with three lead actresses who wanted "lighter schedules" (i.e. doing as little work as possible for the same or more money) then you have to fill 22 hours of television with something, don't you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I loved Charmed and still do.

My favourite character used to be Chris...:o and Piper. Piper was just so funny most of the times.

Billie and Paige never really worked for me. Phoebe's boyfriend Jason (her boss) should have stayed on imo....:)

Anyone notice that he is now McSteamy in Grey's Anatomy? and very yummy too! :D