The 4th death is a red herring?

Comments

• valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    If Rita was to be a 'red herring' as you call it, I reckon they would have made a bigger deal about getting her out and that her life would be hanging in the balance, a little like Peter Barlow, who will obviously pull through, so he is more of a "red herring" than Peter.

As you say, she was as right as rain, and didn't even need oxygen making everyone believe that she will be fine. It's working isnt it because you believe it! ;)

I stand by what I have said and believe that Rita will die, there will be some complication or there will be a heart attack bought on by hearing of the death of Ashley possibly.

Until we have the fourth death confirmed then none of us know for definite who it will be and can only speculate. I disagree with you about the "four funerals and a wedding" title was to cover this week only, because there have been NO funerals, so I'm afraid that blows your theory clear out the water.

If I'm wrong about Rita dying then I'm wrong, but it can't be written off just yet, unless there is clear proof that she is appearing in future episodes.

What don't you wait until we know more of Rita's condition next week (Monday)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Honestly - even if there was no more deaths, i wouldn't care - this week has been totally amazing.

I agree. This week has been so great. I doubt if anything could top this!!
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita is still in the cast list for December 20th in Radio Times - that would seriously be dragging out her death :p

Could easily be kayfabe.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz's baby i reckon?
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita is still in the cast list for December 20th in Radio Times - that would seriously be dragging out her death :p

That only takes her to the end of next week, she could easily die this week, from internal bleeding or any other implication from a building collapsing on her.

I think it is her, just by the sheer amount of interviews she has been doing lately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    What don't you wait until we know more of Rita's condition next week (Monday)

Wait for what exactly? Am I not allowed to speculate? :confused:
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    If Rita was to be a 'red herring' as you call it, I reckon they would have made a bigger deal about getting her out and that her life would be hanging in the balance, a little like Peter Barlow, who will obviously pull through, so he is more of a "red herring" than Peter.

As you say, she was as right as rain, and didn't even need
    If I'm wrong about Rita dying then I'm wrong, but it can't be written off just yet, unless there is clear proof that she is appearing in future episodes.

I meant red herring in that she was buried all week, it seemed like she might die before she was found.

Rita's not leaving. The recent interview with Barbara proves that (not that I ever thought she was).
    Forum Member
    Raven123 wrote: »
    That only takes her to the end of next week, she could easily die this week, from internal bleeding or any other implication from a building collapsing on her.

I think it is her, just by the sheer amount of interviews she has been doing lately.

Yes, and in an interview I read today the writer said it was obvious she loves being in Corrie, and the interview ended with Barbara saying she's happy to stay where she belongs, in Coronation Street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    D J Kix wrote: »
    The trailer says four funerals and a wedding. Four characters will die in total.

Ashley..Molly..Charlotte and ?
  • podlover98podlover98 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Rita dies on Christmas Day?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Ashley..Molly..Charlotte and ?

Kylie - maybe Becky bumps her off to keep the kid!
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    So glad I've seen this thread. I was thinking I'd missed someone! :p

I also think, logically, it can only be Fiz's baby :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tram driver survived (miraculously!)

The Taxi Drvier - died in the explotion (apparently)

I dont think for one minute CS would dub this storyline 4 FUNERALS and a wedding if they aren't going to show FOUR FUNERALS other wise it would have being FOUR DEATHS and a wedding.
    Forum Member
    podlover98 wrote: »
    Rita dies on Christmas Day?

Barbara is not leaving Corrie.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The residents will attend the funeral of the unknown person who died in the car.

It was a bluff so you thought Peter died.
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miracously the tram driver survived.

The fourth death won't be the car driver; he died from his injuries in the gas explosion on the M62; hence the delay in getting to Coronation Street.

Actually, I'm sure the car they were refering to was the car that turned right, just as the Joinery exploded. Did no one else see that car? It definitely got hit by the explosion, there was no way it couldn't have. It also briefly drove past Leanne and Ken and if you look closely at Ken's face, it kind of looks like he was looking at the person in the car. So I'm wondering it WAS someone we know in that car.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evannah wrote: »
    Actually, I'm sure the car they were refering to was the car that turned right, just as the Joinery exploded. Did no one else see that car? It definitely got hit by the explosion, there was no way it couldn't have. It also briefly drove past Leanne and Ken and if you look closely at Ken's face, it kind of looks like he was looking at the person in the car. So I'm wondering it WAS someone we know in that car.

Your right, the fire team were talking about a man dying in his car in the street not the RTA that held up the emergancy services after the tram crash. I don't think he was a known character though.
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Evannah wrote: »

I think it could be Jim McDoughnut ......... So it is.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right, the fire team were talking about a man dying in his car in the street not the RTA that held up the emergancy services after the tram crash. I don't think he was a known character though.

Do people not understand the point of a red herring?

The idea was to market 4 funerals so we assumed Peter popped his clogs.

Some of the residents will attend the funeral of the 4th man who died in the car.

We dont know this man, it was purely a device to keep us guessing.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    I think it could be Jim McDoughnut ......... So it is.....

If it was a character we knew I think the audiience would have found out in Friday's epsodes. IMO it was an unknown man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a character we knew I think the audiience would have found out in Friday's epsodes. IMO it was an unknown man.

EXACTLY. Finally someone who understands how it works.

:D
  • hattersfanhattersfan Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter flatlined, didn't he?

He is technically dead.

Maybe they'll revive him.

Jack Bauer flatlines most weeks in 24 so it's quite possible Peter Barlow will be up and before the end of the next episode, ;)
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter flatlined, didn't he?

No, he went into VF ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I've heard he does this too - but surely there'd be some sort of alarm that goes off, just in case??

There are alarms internal to the ventilator but can be easily overridden if you are an ICU nurse
    Forum Member
    If the 4th death is a red herring would you be dissappointed or relieved?

I can't fathom that anyone would now die outside of the big episode. It would be pointless.

If Peter died it would have been more profound and ended with his death.

I have a feeling the 4th is perhaps the car driver they mentioned.

Will you be frustrated that we have spent endless hours debating it or relieved?

I think that as well, cos that title Four Funerals and a Wedding only covered the special week of episodes. They gave them that title.