Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    podlover98 wrote: »
    Rita dies on Christmas Day?

Barbara's not leaving.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    i thought we were going to get some shock with the deaths, im still waiting.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought we were going to get some shock with the deaths, im still waiting.

Killing off two main characters is a shock. Im glad Peter isnt dead and am actually relieved.

Phil worked on Doctor Who where this kind of thing was part of that shows make-up. I thought it was brillient to make us all think Peter was dead because we were counting four deaths.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    If they said three deaths - we would of known Peter would of been okay, and Rita would of got rescued - but with it being "Four Funerals" we didn't know if Peter would live, and Rita would of got out okay.

Honestly - people complain saying they don't want them to die - and now you do. geez.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    It's advertised as Four Funerals, yet only Three Deaths have occured.

One can only assume that one of the recently deceased gets two funerals. It's the only logical explanation.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man in the car driving past the joinery when it exploded died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In future TV magazines it seems there are 3 funerals and a memorial service. I find that a bit puzzling. :confused:
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Killing off two main characters is a shock. Im glad Peter isnt dead and am actually relieved.

Phil worked on Doctor Who where this kind of thing was part of that shows make-up. I thought it was brillient to make us all think Peter was dead because we were counting four deaths.

I thought Peter is dead? Must have missed an episode.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Friz wrote: »
    It's advertised as Four Funerals, yet only Three Deaths have occured.

Exactly. It was never advertised as Four Main Character Funerals and a Wedding. The man in the car will get a funeral it will just be off screen

In the months leading up to the tram week it was always said in news articles that bosses have revealed that at least three characters will be killed off. Just look through DS' archives.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3209067/Corrie-horror-Ashley-to-ashes.html#ixzz14DcFW5Lm

There's another article which states three deaths and that was only weeks before.

We were never promised four characters would die.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I like the fact we only got three deaths of known people - anymore would of been OTT with things IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    what's the likelihood of it being revealed that molly was pregnant - could explain the four funerals?

or isn't there supposed to be a
    punch-up at one of the funerals.. could get cancelled and they have to hold it another day?
    lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieLee wrote: »
    what's the likelihood of it being revealed that molly was pregnant - could explain the four funerals?

That would make sense with the memorial instead of a funeral. There could be a memorial service for an unborn child.
  • D J KixD J Kix Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    JamieLee wrote: »
    or isn't there supposed to be a
    punch-up at one of the funerals.. could get cancelled and they have to hold it another day?
    lol

LOL :D

Charlotte, Molly and Ashley are all guaranteed on screen funerals. The Fourth has to be on screen too, and it's highly unlikely it'll be for an unborn child. Seeing as the tram devastation is all over, I reckon that means any character is fair game now.

The FF&aW tagline did not apply only to last week, it's over an unstated but short period of time - could we be in for a shock Christmas Day death & pre-New Year funeral?
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    It turns out it was a red herring to generate excitement. The fourth death was the taxi driver as per ds article. Corrie producers mislead us on purpose!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 deaths..

1: Molly
    2: Ashley
    3: Charlotte
    4: Fizz's premature baby ?

Just a guess, but the baby is in a bad way and needs a blood transfusion so it could be Fizz and John's baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Well it says in the tv guide that the reality of the tram hits home when one mother leaves hospital without her child.

That can only be Fiz right? So I'd say Hope is a likely possibility, and the producers are only saying its a red herring to be a red herring.
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Berrah wrote: »
    Well it says in the tv guide that the reality of the tram hits home when one mother leaves hospital without her child.

That can only be Fiz right? So I'd say Hope is a likely possibility, and the producers are only saying its a red herring to be a red herring.
    ]

Maybe the producers realized the name Hope Stape sounds crap too.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the 4th is perhaps the car driver they mentioned.

The 4th Death is confirmed
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    If it's Rita, it makes sense her death gets an entire double episode to itself.

She's a Corrie icon.

Surely they won't kill poor Rita off:cry:
    She's too popular & I reckon she'll play a big part in helping Sally cope as she's a mother figure to her
    Perhaps its Fiz's baby -
    But we don't know the identity of the man in the car, could it be someone who was visiting someone:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom1990 wrote: »
    There might be no more deaths, the tram driver died too!

But seriously, Im trying to clock if theres anyway that the driver of the car could be a main character?

The tram driver lived !! The producer was on This Morning & said it proves how safe Manchester's trams are even after ploughing off a viaduct !! & I'm sure I heard a copper say he'd lived !!
    Perhaps Nick will have some sort of relapse & die from shock:D:D
    We live in hope
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miracously the tram driver survived.

The fourth death won't be the car driver; he died from his injuries in the gas explosion on the M62; hence the delay in getting to Coronation Street.

Thought the car driver was under the rubble in the street?:confused:
    A fireman said they'd been a huge RTA on the M62
    Hopefully all will be revealed tomorrow
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I think it was very bad misleading like that. A nobody that isn't even a 'character' doesn't warrant a big main title like Four Funerals and a Wedding...

The confirmed 4th is the 'Taxi Driver' -and father of three...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please. Rubbish bit of fake advertising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evannah wrote: »
    Actually, I'm sure the car they were refering to was the car that turned right, just as the Joinery exploded. Did no one else see that car? It definitely got hit by the explosion, there was no way it couldn't have. It also briefly drove past Leanne and Ken and if you look closely at Ken's face, it kind of looks like he was looking at the person in the car. So I'm wondering it WAS someone we know in that car.

Perhaps that long lost son had turned up for a visit , he did seem to be staring at the car, though he would have said something by now ?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 deaths..

1: Molly
    2: Ashley
    3: Charlotte
    4: Fizz's premature baby ?

Just a guess, but the baby is in a bad way and needs a blood transfusion so it could be Fizz and John's baby.

Or maybe Molly & Kev's ? that would dement Kev a bit more ha ha:D
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    Perhaps that long lost son had turned up for a visit , he did seem to be staring at the car, though he would have said something by now ?:confused:

Maybe it was Harry Hill after filming the video for the Ken Barlow song..:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlWYQ7qIE-w