calling all call centre workers

124»

Comments

• WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the call centre workers who think the public have an attitude problem: has it occurred to you that half the time we've gotten so wound up by the sheer frustration of being droned at by one robot after another for several minutes while negotiating the automated service that we're pretty much guaranteed to lose it with the first human voice we hear?

Oh boohoo! My heart bleeds for you. The amount of customer's who phone through and say "I've been on this line talking to a robot for 20 minutes before speaking to you..." Erm, no you havn't, I have your calltime here and it's actually been 2 minutes before getting through to me :rolleyes:
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Oh boohoo! My heart bleeds for you. The amount of customer's who phone through and say "I've been on this line talking to a robot for 20 minutes before speaking to you..." Erm, no you havn't, I have your calltime here and it's actually been 2 minutes before getting through to me :rolleyes:

That always used to make me laugh.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    I once had a man who for 30mins or so I was on the phone to him, who I am 99.9% sure was having a w*nk

I kept saying to him, would you like to call back another time, but he insisted he was ok, there was lots of moaning and strange noises the kind of call we were going through normally takes 5-10 mins ,I couldnt get rid of him,

what can you day to someone who you supsect is doing that,but continues to talk normally to you?

I had to continue the call and tbh, when your on high targets you cant be fussy and turn bookings away

I told my male Team leader and just shrugged his shoulders and just asked if the bloke had booked or not:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    When the caller would start with "I don't think it's an emergency but..." and you would see the agent just roll their eyes as they knew it was another time waster, unbelievable.

I phoned the police a couple of weeks ago because there was a group of drunken teens creating a disturbance in our (normally very quiet) road late one night. I could practically hear the operator rolling her eyes as she told me that they'd send a car along if one was available in the area. She plainly thought I was a neurotic old busybody.

In the next 10 minutes, those drunken teens had smashed two windscreens, ripped wing mirrors off a parked car, walked across the bonnet of another, punched one neighbour when he went to tell them off, then threw a full can of lager at another neighbour, giving him concussion and a head wound. They continued their rampage a couple of streets away, damaging several more cars, including my sister-in-law's.

A colleague's husband works at the police despatch centre place, and no unit was despatched following my call. There was no note of a call to attend made until the 4th call about the incident, when my neighbour had been punched.

If they'd sent a car when I rang, they wouldn't have had time to do hundreds of pounds worth of damage, they'd have saved the NHS the cost of the ambulance and treatment, plus the cost of bank cover for my sister-in-law, who's a community nurse and couldn't work until her windscreen had been fixed.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Another one is the people who claim they have been on hold for 45 minutes, yet you can see that your longest call holding is 7 minutes.

When you challenge them on it you find out that they have actually called 5 times, and as soon as they get the recorded message they hang up and call again a few minutes later...but to them that equates to the same as one single call where they have been on hold for 45 mins...:confused:
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another ticket agency story...

On a particularly busy day where waiting times were fairly high, I took one call where a guy said

Man 'This-is-a-recorded-message. I-cannot-speak-to-you-right-now-but-I-will-get-back-to-you-as-soon-as-I-can.Thank-you''

Me ' :confused: Excuse me?'

Man 'Yeah...see how you like it mate, annoying isn't it?'

Me 'Yeah...it is' says I as I reach for the terminate call button 'Click..brrrrrrrr...'

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The security questions are ridiculous. Last week:

What was your last deposit?
    My wages.
    How much?
    I can't remember... it was on the 28th from "Company." Roughly £x
    Oh, we need a more precise figure.

WHY? I've told you my company name where the transfer came from, the date that it came in and a sum of money within 10% accuracy.

Some of my services users have learning difficulties and it's almost impossible for them. One young man gives his middle name as just "D", he can't remember what it is, and has no idea what a maiden name is, let alone what his mother's was. He can't do numbers, and gives his date of birth as 1, 5, 9, 8, 7. He frequently fails security checks.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once had a Empire Direct call centre worker hang up on me in temper as I wanted a refund and when I rang back her colleague said "she is in a right strop today she must be on her period"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    RedOctopus wrote: »
    I can appreciate how awful this must be at times but seriously, if a job makes you feel like this, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it.

hmm perhaps i was being a bit extreme, its not that bad. it does get me down from time to time, but I'm sure everyone feels the same about their job sometimes
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Another ticket agency story...

On a particularly busy day where waiting times were fairly high, I took one call where a guy said

Man 'This-is-a-recorded-message. I-cannot-speak-to-you-right-now-but-I-will-get-back-to-you-as-soon-as-I-can.Thank-you''

Me ' :confused: Excuse me?'

Man 'Yeah...see how you like it mate, annoying isn't it?'

Me 'Yeah...it is' says I as I reach for the terminate call button 'Click..brrrrrrrr...'

:D
    lmao... I can feel his anger now :D
  • RedOctopusRedOctopus Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    missrae wrote: »
    hmm perhaps i was being a bit extreme, its not that bad. it does get me down from time to time, but I'm sure everyone feels the same about their job sometimes

This is true; I think you would be very lucky to 100% enjoy your job 100% of the time. But you seem to hint that you get hung up by yours every day. This may not apply to you, I'm just speaking from experience but my first job used to really get to me. I hated going in and couldn't wait to get out. I changed jobs to something I now love. It can make such a difference to your quality of life, believe me.