How would you save your favorite artist's career?

Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who would you want them to work with to reclaim their glory days?

Personally, I'd want to help Mariah Carey with (yet another) miraculous comeback. I think by working with producers to help her move away from the same thing she's been doing since 2005, that would make her relevant. An Ariana Grande collaboration, would do extremely well. There's the controversy of their 'beef', and there's a whole legion of Ariana fans that would possibly fall in love with Mariah. By doing this, they would both develop new audiences, and a single release would be an event like it used to. With a pretty kick ass music video, Mariah could be back in the nation's good books.
She'd need to try and shake off the 'diva' image, by doing a publicity tour, visiting schools, performing to intimate crowds etc. Especially with her greatest hits album, now would be a brilliant time to capitalize off of her Vegas residency.
She'd need to perform a couple duets with relevant artists. I can picture other than Grande, Jason Derulo, Azealia Banks and Nicki Minaj (again, due to previous controversy).
I think co-writing with Sia, and Ella Eyre would help to create radio friendly hits, but I think she should have an experienced producer as an executive producer overseeing the album to make sure it retains consistency. A slightly more commercial sound compared to the latest album of hers would be great, and a more humble title possibly.
I think if all this was teamed with her befriending or performing with artist's that have big fan-bases could be incredible. Fifth Harmony are massive fans of hers, and have a fiercely loyal fan-base, so if she featured on a song of theirs that could be incredible. Taylor Swift, Mary J. Blige, Miley Cyrus and Beyonce should be offered invites to her residency and they should e invited to perform with her. The more she can reach out, the better her public reception.
I really believe all of this, with two killer opening singles and two killer videos could truly put her at the top of the charts again.

What would you do for who?

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,977
    Forum Member
    I'd help Mariah Carey by forcing her to rehearse and promote. She still makes decent music, Me. I Am Mariah was critically successful but commercially it performed terribly. Her live performances are hit and miss, presumably because she doesn't rehearse as much as she should. I'd move her back to Emancipation, not away from it, because it worked. She needs another We Belong Together. I'd also gag Nick Cannon for her mental wellbeing which should have been done a good few years ago.

I don't like the idea of her performing with these younger people to be honest, she's 45? years old and it won't do her much good to look like the old woman trying to make herself look cool and 'with it'. She needs a new stylist also.

I don't think we will see Mariah back at #1, certainly not on the Hot 100, unless she can pull off another WBT to draw interest and even then I think the days of Mariah at the top of the charts is practically over. But she still has a place and I wish I could go watch her in Vegas :(
  • floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite artist is Jimi Hendrix but other than using some sort of cloning experiment I'm not sure how I'd go about reviving his career.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had the money, I would have a brain transplant done on every country radio program director. Then my most favorite singer James Otto would be played on every country radio station just as much as those who are played every five seconds. :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floog wrote: »
    My favourite artist is Jimi Hendrix but other than using some sort of cloning experiment I'm not sure how I'd go about reviving his career.

Lenny Kravitz? :p
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floog wrote: »

:D

Hendrixstein?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'd help Britney by encouraging her to promote and let her have full creative control over her music and let her write her own songs and work with the producers she wants to work with. I'd avoid another Britney Jean-type situation.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had the money, I would have a brain transplant because i want my most favorite singer James Otto to be played on every country radio station just as much as those who are played every five seconds. :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly

I couldn't resist it.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Madonna!

And i'd help her by steering her away from all these younger artists and get her back in touch with Pat Leonard and Steve Bray, chuck in Will Orbit, PSB and Mark Ronson and see what comes out of it!

She doesn't need these 'featured' artists like Kanye and Nicki Minaj (not that i'm against them I just prefer her on her own like in the old days), oh, and more ballads!
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit morbid but dying is usually a fail safe career boost.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    Bit morbid but dying is usually a fail safe career boost.

I'd choose a faked death first I think.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    I couldn't resist it.
    What do you mean by this? :):):)

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly