Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Appreciation

AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having been listening to OMD's greatest hits the last week or two, I downloaded it last night, along with a song from Architecture and Morality 'Motion and Heart'. They've been my top artists on my Last FM profile for two weeks running, taking Pet Shop Boys off that prestigious title (they'd been there for at least 40-something weeks) who placed in third place for the week ending 21st November.

So, who out there is an OMD fan? What are your favourite songs by them? Do you have the same 20-track greatest hits compilation I have? My Amazon review should be available to read now!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current album History of The Modern has taken a few plays for me but I do like it in general.

You can't go wrong with any of the OMD greatest hits comps.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    History Of Modern is excellent. Their best album since Architecture & Morality.
    Saying that my personal favourite is Dazzle Ships. I like them when they go weird.
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    I was a massive fan from Electricity to The Pacific Age and then I lost interest. I got back into them during the Sugar Tax era but Liberator and Universal left me cold. I have bought the new album, which is a bit patchy, but overall it's not bad. Still love the first five albums though..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midiboy wrote: »
    I was a massive fan from Electricity to The Pacific Age and then I lost interest. I got back into them during the Sugar Tax era but Liberator and Universal left me cold. I have bought the new album, which is a bit patchy, but overall it's not bad. Still love the first five albums though..

Yes I'm def into the duo rather than McClusky on his own.

Pacific Age is prob my last fav "OMD" album
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific Age has the great 'instrumental' Southern on it.

I would love it a million times more without the speech in though, admittedly.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Crush is my favourite. Love the title track.
    Best songs are Joan of Arc, Maid of orleans, Locomotion, Genetic engineering,Souvenir.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Always loved them love their songs Telsa Girls, Locomotion, Sailing On The Seven Seas, Pandora's Box, Walking On The Milky Way and Sister Marie Says
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    I loved them back in the 80s, especially their first few albums, although much of their more recent stuff has probably passed me by. Architecture and Morality is one of my all time favourite albums.