The larger woman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
Forum Member
As a small, very slim woman I am finding it increasingly hard to find clothes to fit me - I'm a size 6 (non dieter). Every time I go clothes shopping I am told at each store that there is 'very little call for my size'. Large women are spoiling clothes shopping for the slighter figure.

Comments

• ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eat some chips :D
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a small, very slim woman I am finding it increasingly hard to find clothes to fit me - I'm a size 6 (non dieter). Every time I go clothes shopping I am told at each store that there is 'very little call for my size'. Large women are spoiling clothes shopping for the slighter figure.

There's people of all sizes...bit of an inflammatory thread!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    funny in such places as new look, next etc ie the high street stores they tend to provide more of the smaller sized garments than larger sized ones

speaking as one of tthese larger sizedd people who spoil ur shopping as recent as yesterday in tesco trying to get a nice maxi dress they had loads of size 6/8 on the rails noting 14 plus
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well look on the bright side you are a size that many women aspire to be.
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread will not end well...

Have you tried online shopping?
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind of the ultimate popcorn munching thread really.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would hardly call someone who's bigger than a size 6 "large" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's kind of the ultimate popcorn munching thread really.

Eating popcorn will make the larger women larger...don't give them ideas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How are large ladies spoiling your shopping?
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckeee wrote: »
    How are large ladies spoiling your shopping?

Becauseeeeeeeee the average size of women is going up, so the smallest sizes are being phased out? Bit of a crass thread though i'll admit.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh get over yourself.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll sell you sum cut price easter eggs....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »
    This thread will not end well...

Have you tried online shopping?
    Yes - and the only petite size supplier's clothes are still too big. I do eat chips occasionally, but try to stick to a healthy diet. I am only just 5ft tall, which doesn't help as clothes of any kind - tops skirts, dresses, jeans are all too long and it costs a fortune to have stuff altered to fit. I did not start this thread to upset people, as I've been bullied for being too small. I would love to be a size 8 or 10 but I can't change my natural shape.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

move to america then .... youd fit in well over there:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Becauseeeeeeeee the average size of women is going up, so the smallest sizes are being phased out? Bit of a crass thread though i'll admit.
    Not crass - this country is as always following the USA's lead where weight is concerned. The larger people get the fewer clothes available to smaller people are out there.
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    I'll sell you sum cut price easter eggs....:D

Yummy - dark chocolate please :)
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy teenage girls clothes. That's what my ex-wife used to do.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Becauseeeeeeeee the average size of women is going up, so the smallest sizes are being phased out? Bit of a crass thread though i'll admit.[/QUOTE

There has never been much call for size 6 clothes so it's not a case of them being phased out. Most teen girls are a size 8 and you don't see many women smaller than 13yr old girls so therefore not much call for size 6s. Never has been therefore shops don't stock many clothes that small and they don't stock many larger than size 18/20 as most women fall somewhere in between. Supply and demand. They're there to make a profit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yummy - dark chocolate please :)
    nah you need milk get you up to size 8/10 more clothes will come available , build those curves now :D
    Forum Member
    funny in such places as new look, next etc ie the high street stores they tend to provide more of the smaller sized garments than larger sized ones

speaking as one of tthese larger sizedd people who spoil ur shopping as recent as yesterday in tesco trying to get a nice maxi dress they had loads of size 6/8 on the rails noting 14 plus
    Yes I went into Tesco too - only a few size 6 dresses - all about a foot too long! Women are getting larger and taller too - I'm in a lose lose situation.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Yes - and the only petite size supplier's clothes are still too big. I do eat chips occasionally, but try to stick to a healthy diet. I am only just 5ft tall, which doesn't help as clothes of any kind - tops skirts, dresses, jeans are all too long and it costs a fortune to have stuff altered to fit. I did not start this thread to upset people, as I've been bullied for being too small. I would love to be a size 8 or 10 but I can't change my natural shape.

Wear childrens clothes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the issue is more a height one then as you are about 5 inches smaller than the average woman.

I do have sympathy but starting a thread called 'the larger woman' was bound to ruffle feathers as that is not the issue here.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 12 year old daughter finds size 6 in Jane Norman fits her perfectly - similar height to OP and very slight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I think the issue is more a height one then as you are about 5 inches smaller than the average woman.

I do have sympathy but starting a thread called 'the larger woman' was bound to ruffle feathers as that is not the issue here.
    spoken like a true DOM :p:D
    Forum Member
    Yes I went into Tesco too - only a few size 6 dresses - all about a foot too long! Women are getting larger and taller too - I'm in a lose lose situation.
    New Look's clothes size 6 are really a size 8 - too big for me. Next clothes always have longer arms so have to be altered. H&M are about the only high street store which do my size, but there isn't an H&M within milles of where I live.
This discussion has been closed.