Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If I told you, I would have to kill you."

on Classic Doctors in 50th.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Same answer as Christopher Eccleston... ;)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also on Jonathan Ross tomorrow night. The UKs biggest chat show. Saturday night. Its almost as if someone doesn't want us to know the shows coming back...
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    Hmmmm suspicious lack of promotion?
    !

To be fair, I reckon it'll pick up next week/week after. That should be trailer airing time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DODS11 wrote: »
    To be fair, I reckon it'll pick up next week/week after. That should be trailer airing time.

I was being facetious... I'm not bothered by lack of trailers... I know when it's back... other's viewing habits... meh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    I was being facetious... I'm not bothered by lack of trailers... I know when it's back... other's viewing habits... meh.

You'll care when the show gets cancelled by dint of poor viewing figures because no-one knew it was on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll care when the show gets cancelled by dint of poor viewing figures because no-one knew it was on.

I know it's on... everyone watches comic relief and it.ll be trailed on that... so everyone else will know as well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people know aaand its nice tto see dramas nott being overrrly hhhyped as you excpet more
    also matt is a v friendly blokee that most of the others drs ccould learn from , eccleston ffor example and davison
    ok he migght the baby off the drs but he issss very ccomfortable in hisss owwn sskin ax:D
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

Series 8 has been commissioned. We don't know when filming for it starts for sure, but it will exist. If the advertising for episode 1 of series 7b does turn out to have been insufficient they will have a year to learn the lesson. Between now and series 8 the anniversary will result in everyone in the UK knowing that Doctor Who exists, is highly thought of and will be back in 2014.

I must say that personally I found the amount of pre series hype in 2010 a bit too much for my tastes. My wife tutted more then once during the build up "hasn't that blessed thing started yet?". People can get sick of the sight of posters and trailers and web ads etc.

By around the end of the first week of April we will know if episode 1 viewing figures are good or not. So will the BBC. If they think more adverts are needed they can take action.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    ...ok he migght the baby off the drs but he issss very ccomfortable in hisss owwn sskin ax:D

Do you have a very sticky 'S' key? Or are you, in fact, an Ice Warrior?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:No my keyboard double types sorry guys ax
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,466
    Forum Member
    An ancient and noble race, so we're told, but they knew squat about making reliable keyboards.

:D

Can you imagine trying to type with those hands!? :eek:

And don't get me started on the Daleks...

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:I said sorry so can we like drop subject please , it's a tad annoying, i try and stop double typing but no promises ok ax
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just kidding Tinny! Though being an Ice Warrior would actually be pretty cool...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    And don't get me started on the Daleks...

That's why they shout so much. Their voices of hatred have to compete with the internet itself... :eek:

• ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Just kidding Tinny! Though being an Ice Warrior would actually be pretty cool...

Well Duh! of course it would be cool if you was an ice warrior, the clues in the name. :D:D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)ok faiir dos , i am not a ice thingy mind ax
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno why people are mentioning the lack of promotion. I've heard the music sting dozens of times on BBC1, just a second or two - enough to keep it mysterious but tell us it's back...
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Dunno why people are mentioning the lack of promotion. I've heard the music sting dozens of times on BBC1, just a second or two - enough to keep it mysterious but tell us it's back...

It's really only one person. And they seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that the teaser trailer has been running for a good couple of weeks now and all the various other promotional things that have happened for reasons of their own....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think I have to eat my words on a trailer... but Matt was on Comic relief so that's better than a trailer.