Screen size of your main TV

2»

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all - people would just complain about the picture not fitting the screen, just as they complain about black bars with 4:3. A tiny picture in the middle of a big black screen would look pretty crappy anyway :D

It would be optional, the people that would complain about it would be the same people that now expand the 4:3 picture to fattyvision and they could still do that.

I for one would certainly use that feature if I had a larger TV, the same way that I currently watch youtube in a window on my PC rather than expanding to fill the screen.

Such a feature would cost nothing and will probably come naturally as TVs (or sooner devices like PVRs) get more features and window modes.
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50 inch LG plasma in living room size 14ft 8 by 11 foot,19 inch lcd in kitchen and bedroom.Kitchen one can record freeview channels to external hdd or pen drive.
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55 glorious inches.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a 50 inch 3D plasma in the lounge, but it's a good sized lounge and the TV is well positioned, so it fits in nicely.

In fact, as it has a thicker bezel, we could happily get a new slim-frame 55 inch TV which wouldn't be any physically bigger.

I did want to install a projector, but Mrs. Finger vetoed the idea, as she doesn't want the screen casing attached to the ceiling over the fireplace. :(
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    28 inch CRT, and no plans to change unless it goes bang, when we might go to a 32 inch screen.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40" Samsung in living room and 26" tv in Study/Man-room upstairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    50 " for me

the 14 " bedroom going & it will be 42" for there
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 year old 42" Panasonic plasma will go with the same when it packs up but 50", and 32 Samsung LCD in bedroom.
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    Got a 32" 1080 TV in main lounge which is absolutely fine for most viewing, It is a small lounge though and the seats are between four and eight feet away.

The bigger back lounge has a projector and 95" screen for things which are worth using it for, though it only gets used for about three hours a week on average.