Beyonce's Superbowl Performance - Will Be Amazing!!!!

Comments

• BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    North America is hardly worldwide and I think most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

Anyway rant over lol I agree about leaving out Single Ladies its so over rated id much prefer another uptempo like get me bodied but she has to open with crazy in love!!!

Only if we can cancel the F.A. Cup final and have a brass band play for 90 minutes instead. :p
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost 100m viewers. That's pretty high.

I'm not denying its popularity in the US but its not a big deal in the UK, for example this year with Beyonce and last when Madonna performed its was all over the news but in comparison when people like U2, Prince, The Who performed there was no real awareness of the Super Bowl here.
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will probably lip-synch it all, just like she lip-synched her performance of the US National Anthem yesterday at President Obamas Inauguration Ceremony!!:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    She will probably lip-synch it all, just like she lip-synched her performance of the US National Anthem yesterday at President Obamas Inauguration Ceremony!!:D:D:D

what`s more embarrassing is when she ripped out her ear piece lmaoo bitch wasn`t even making a single noise
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she didn't lip sync the national anthem yesterday. What a load of crap. It was blatantly obvious that she didn't lip sync and the fact that the camera was so close to her it that it was literally up her nose, made it obvious that it was not lip synched.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she didn't lip sync the national anthem yesterday. What a load of crap. It was blatantly obvious that she didn't lip sync and the fact that the camera was so close to her it that it was literally up her nose, made it obvious that it was not lip synched.

So naive. The band confirmed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stop fooling yourself it`s been confirmed she DID
    she probably didn`t want a Xtina super bowl moment tbh
    I don`t care tbh i just find the whole ripping the ear piece out hilarious and she looks slightly ridiculous now
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone at Sony once told me it was an inside joke about her miming all the time!

Funny how that turned out to be true yesterday. Makes you wonder how many other times she has fooled people.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the band have confirmed it have they? Where exactly have they confirmed it, because all I can see is the standard "A spokesperson confirmed..." which is the usual line spun when the press are talking crap. Anyone who knows anything about music will know she did not mime that performance.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the band have confirmed it have they? Where exactly have they confirmed it, because all I can see is the standard "A spokesperson confirmed..." which is the usual line spun when the press are talking crap. Anyone who knows anything about music will know she did not mime that performance.

It was a pretty good performance, but it did look dodgy at the end, I think she messed up the last note and she looked miserable because of it.

But whether she's miming or not, it's obvious she can sing so I don't think it's really an issue. If she was relying on miming all the time to get by then I'd have an issue with it, but I know she can sing, so if she chose to mime because of nerves or whatever reason then so be it, it is kinda dodgy that they chose to deceive the audience but she has put out some spectacular live performances in the past. She has nothing to prove really.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spokeswoman, Master Sergeant Kristin duBois, said the weather was good and the Marine Band had no trouble with intonation during most of the prelude and ceremony, nearly two and half hours of music. Still, at the last minute, she said, Beyoncé and the band received orders to use a recorded version of the national anthem.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/22/marine-band-confirms-beyonce-inauguration-performance-was-pre-recorded/?smid=tw-nytimesmusic

Event organisers ordered them to use a pre-recorded version. I don't know if event organisers were worried about such a historic event being ruined. Looks like they wanted to play it safe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    North America is hardly worldwide and I think most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

Anyway rant over lol I agree about leaving out Single Ladies its so over rated id much prefer another uptempo like get me bodied but she has to open with crazy in love!!!

Are you being serious? The Superbowl is a show for the American audience. Networks don't give two shits about what the rest of the world might like. Frankly, Americans don't give a damn either. The Superbowl holds 21 out of the top 44 spots for the most watched programs in US history. They will never get rid of it, especially for a show from a pop star. Regardless of who does the half time show, the Superbowl will still be watched. Case in point, the Black Eyed Peas fiasco.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I called it right after she finished. Her mouth wasn't in synch with the last note and it was pretty obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what you just spun out is what people say when they refuse to believe something

no ones questioning her talent or anything but it was mimed
    Accept it.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce mimed. You could tell by the last note. She still has an incredible voice and, as someone said before, she probably didn't want to do a 'Christina' and mess up the most important performance of the ceremony.

Kelly, on the other hand, sang live and was AMAZING!!!
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    She didn't mime. It's was obviously live. Funny how no one seemed to accuse her of miming until a 'spokesperson' said it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miming or not, she's crap.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN just confirmed she was singing live over a backing track

You can hear on this version where the mic feed is turned on and you can also hear the echo of the backing track.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tCNth-N9Z0
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think perhaps some audio track went into the audience and she did in fact sing, although perhaps her mic was 'off'? The area is quite large and the reverberations would be horrible (or the acoustics) this is done for the Superbowl as well I believe.

The Marines band is backtracking on the 'lip synch' story. Not sure why they even had to say anything in the first place if in fact it was legit, but even if it was so, it was important enough that the performance not have issues so I can see definitely why it was done. This was not a small arena or a limited audience.

This ABC News version shows different views of her singing it, ie. profile / side ways. The sound on the WSJ posted above I guess highlights more of the back tracking? I have no doubt she is not singing, but as I mentinoed above perhaps 'her' mic was minimized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDH18R7GfA

But still , why was it decided that Kelly Clarksons "My tis of thee" went on live. Did it in fact?? (still one of her most incredible performances I must say)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTyLNIc7r4
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most people on this thread are only interested in the Super Bowl because of Bey!

I hope the bbc cut away from Beyonce so Mike Carlson can talk about wrestling some like he does on the C4 coverage.

:p
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares if she mimed or not. We all know she can sing. Everyone mines at some point in their career, including your favourite.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    I'm not denying its popularity in the US but its not a big deal in the UK, for example this year with Beyonce and last when Madonna performed its was all over the news but in comparison when people like U2, Prince, The Who performed there was no real awareness of the Super Bowl here.

There is huge awareness of the NFL and the Super Bowl in this country, otherwise they wouldn't sell out 2 games at Wembley.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    She has to pull it out of the bag after miming the National Anthem at Inaugration. Everyone knows she can sing live and she is a great performer but everyone is going to be watching her at it now. She has a lot more pressure on herself now but she can do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My response to all this....ALL performance artists have backing track....not as a reliance but to add to the performance! When you go to watch a performing artist you go for the full package....Madonna last year used a backing track for Vogue and Music and Luvin because they only could rehearse in the venue twice i believe which meant there is never enough time to soundcheck as well as everything else....despite this that meant Like A Prayer was sang live.

Now...Beyonce will without a doubt have backing track if she has the same time allocated to her too....which means we may have her synching to it (which doesnt matter) with more intense choreo and routines...and for slower tempo songs (maybe her DC medley or Halo or something) she will be able to sing live with it too.

Point being everyone knows it is THAT artist and how many times they have proven themselves...so when it comes to a US sporting event it doesnt overly matter as long as it entertains, get people talking, is a spectacle within the spectacle that is all Americans will care about. :)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Saint Beyonce can do no wrong it seems. Anyone else would have been slaughtered for miming.