Options

Hang your head in shame Christina

Comments

• Options
    GrianneGrianne Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    I like how Christina has suddenly become a carer, and she should have looked after Rebecca, maybe given her a pep talk and a massage beforehand, as well as singing out of tune of course....

Wow gert a grip people!

Shes a professional singer, promoting herself and her new movie, why the hell would she jeopardise that by singing badly.

Is Rebecca so bad at singing that she was completely blown out so easily, if so she doesn;t deserve to win anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Looks like Christina couldn't win no matter what she did. If she toned it down to get down to Rebecca's level she would have been criticised for not being up to her usual standard.

I'm not a fan of CA but in no way did i think she went out to compete against Rebecca, i think Rebecca just didn't come up to scratch in this performance. Shame, as i really like her:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nefertem wrote: »
    ^^ word

i'm watching the episode now and it looks like rebecca was star struck or something like that and christina did try to encourage her. if she waited any longer the performance would have died.

Exactly. Christina was holding Rebecca's hands and encouraging her with a smile throughout the whole performance. If she had stopped singing, it would have destroyed the performance.

She's not Rebecca's babysitter, a X-Factor finalist should be able to sing his parts in the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Christina " I am up my own arse" Aguallera..strikes again...what a self induldgent bitch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    I've heard that track alot of times - it starts restrained at the start and builds to a crescendo. Christina came on tonight towards what would be the end of the song, not the start where its restrained.

Besides which, who is anyone to tell Christina HOW to sing her own song? They should never have picked it.

They obviously overestimated Rebecca's ability and thought she would stand up with Christina. She didnt, and couldnt. Anyone expecting Christina to lower her singing (and performing) standard to match Rebecca's statuesque and relatively narrow vocal standard is living in cloud cuckoo land. Complete mismatch.

Exactly, people are forgetting which part of the song Christina was singing in the duet, it's the part where she goes IN vocally, she's not supposed to hold back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluespot wrote: »
    Looks like Christina couldn't win no matter what she did. If she toned it down to get down to Rebecca's level she would have been criticised for not being up to her usual standard.

I'm not a fan of CA but in no way did i think she went out to compete against Rebecca, i think Rebecca just didn't come up to scratch in this performance. Shame, as i really like her:cry:

Quite agree. Like Christina NEEDS to compete and justify herself to an amateur given her career to date. Rebecca froze - probably when she realised just how good these world class guys are. No amount of back-slapping from Cheryl and Simon can prepare you for Christina opening up her pipes and making you realise you're in a completely different league.

I actually think tonight could be the undoing of Rebecca because of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calibra101 wrote: »
    Christitina " I am up my own arse" Aguallera..strikes again...what a self induldgent bitch

I agree, it was definetly an ego trip more than anything on Aguilera's part, although Rebecca did fluff it at one point, but tbh, so what.:D She started off really well opening the song and finished well, but clearly got a little star struck. To me it shows she is completely genuine in how humble she really is and still lacks that belief which will come, but is still incredibly endearing and the kind of person you would want to work with. She's also perfectly competent when she's singing normally, very composed and cool. And her voice is always fantastic.
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nefertem wrote: »
    ^^ word

i'm watching the episode now and it looks like rebecca was star struck or something like that and christina did try to encourage her. if she waited any longer the performance would have died.

+11111111111111

Christina acted completely professionally throughout. She kept looking at Rebecca nodding at her to join in but Rebecca just went mute. When it was obvious Rebecca wasn't going to sing, Christina stepped in and carried on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    @ one point in the performance, the second to last dont you bring me down todayyyyyyyy. You could see how professional she was. You can actually see christina looking to rebecca and basically telling her to sing "today" and rebecca couldn't and in a instant she manages it to sing that part herself and make it look as if nothing happened.

im a big fan of rebecca though. hope she wins :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »
    I agree, it was definetly an ego trip more than anything on Aguilera's part, although Rebecca did fluff it at one point, but tbh, so what.:D She started off really well opening the song and finished well, but clearly got a little star struck. To me it shows she is completely genuine in how humble she really is and still lacks that belief which will come, but is still incredibly endearing and the kind of person you would want to work with. She's also perfectly competent when she's singing normally, very composed and cool. And her voice is always fantastic.

Ego trip how? I don't get the hate for Xtina in this duet, it's like people are hating because her voice is that great :confused:

As a Rebecca fan you should see that Xtina was trying to help her in that performance..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha! Christina has a reputation to keep, she is not going to make an arse of herself and screw up her own song just to make the wee little Liverpudlian girl feel better about herself.

Rebecca was unprofessional and totally choked. End of.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are being a bit unfair on Christina.

It seemed very much like Rebecca froze and a few times Christina came in late, it seemed she expected Rebecca to sing, and she never, so rather than miss parts of the song Christina took over. There was even a look at one point where Xtina seemed be like "Why the hell aren't you singing?"
  • Options
    GrianneGrianne Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    This is geting hilarious, Christina getting bitched about because Rebcaa ****ed up her part......

It isn't Christina fault that this years finalist are the worst for years, and she is a far better singer than them all put together.

Blame whoever paired a good Xfactor singer, with a world class singer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    Ha! Christina has a reputation to keep, she is not going to make an arse of herself and screw up her own song just to make the wee little Liverpudlian girl feel better about herself.

Rebecca was unprofessional and totally choked. End of.

What reputaton has she really got left? A flop album and flop film?

Brilliant.

Some humiltiy never goes amiss not matter how big you are.

And It's got nothing to do with who is the better singer. It's like saying Pavarotti is better than Aretha Franklin, or Micheal Jackson is better than Elvis.

And the people that matter, that vote, didn't give a toss.

End of. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is hilarious.

Christina is one of the greatest vocalists ever, she has an amazing voice and is famous for belting. She wasn't going to lower her standards just to satisfy the X Factor. Look at when Beyonce was on: she sang PHENOMENALLY, it just so happened Alexandra (who I am not a fan of, by the way, but Listen was incredible) held her own.

Christina attempted, on numerous occasions, to encourage Rebecca to sing along. Besides, she shouldn't have to be 'queued-in', think what you want about Matt, he sang well and harmonised with Rihanna and she didn't have to signal to him once!! They were very impressive!!

After her pitchy first performance (I, personally, cringed when she attempted the high notes) and the disastrous duet, I think Rebecca has blown her chance of second place (let's face it, there's no chance Matt was ever not going to win).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the performance again, and really, I think Christina was lovely to Rebecca. Giving her reassuring looks, nodding her and encouragingly her then hugging her at the end of the performance.

She couldn't have done anymore than that. It was in Rebecca's hands to pick up the performance and she didn't.

Oh and Whowho- 50 million albums sold, 5 grammy's and that voice equals a LEGEND. Not a FLOP.

Just so you know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca should have been with someone less dramatic and diva'ish than Christina. There was zero connection between the girls, even when the performance finished and they walked off the stage Christina looked bored and didn't even acknowledge Rebecca.

Rebecca should have been paired with someone more warmer, but also someone who wouldn't completely overpower her voice. Michael Buble, as much as i'm fed up of seeing him on the show, would have been a perfect match. Leona or even Alicia Keys as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What reputaton has she really got left? A flop album and flop film?

Brilliant.

Some humiltiy never goes amiss not matter how big you are.

And It's got nothing to do with who is the better singer. It's like saying Pavarotti is better than Aretha Franklin, or Micheal Jackson is better than Elvis.

And the people that matter, that vote, didn't give a toss.

End of. :rolleyes:

Read the future, can we?? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the future, can we?? :rolleyes:

No I read box office results.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The movie is doing well in America so I really don't know what you're on about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the performance again, and really, I think Christina was lovely to Rebecca. Giving her reassuring looks, nodding her and encouragingly her then hugging her at the end of the performance.

She couldn't have done anymore than that. It was in Rebecca's hands to pick up the performance and she didn't.

Oh and Whowho- 50 million albums sold, 5 grammy's and that voice equals a LEGEND. Not a FLOP.

Just so you know.

Preach. One flop album doesn't = a Flop Career.

Fickle people up in here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member

Exciting way to spend your time :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be an IQ limit for the DSXF forum.

Some of the comments on here are less than juvenile!

Duffers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The movie is doing well in America so I really don't know what you're on about.

Uh, no it's been out for more than two weeks and has barely made half it's budget back. Add in advertising (double that), it's a turkey. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh, no it's been out for more than two weeks and has barely made half it's budget back. Add in advertising (double that), it's a turkey. :rolleyes:

No film makes back it's budget in 2 weeks domestically. :confused: Keep reaching