Orphaned Rhino Gertjie refuses to sleep alone after witnessing his mother's death.

2»

Comments

• Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not seen that but as a student of history I would put nothing past Homo sapiens sapiens.

We have a very long way to go.

Sadly I see very little reason to be optimistic in that respect. As a species we are greedy, selfish, unable to think long-term, extremely destructive and we continue to breed like there is no tomorrow.
    You could argue that lions would do exactly the same to us if they had half the chance i.e. eradicate what is either a threat or kill it because it's tasty, but (unlike us) lions do not have the brainpower to think a bit further than beyond next spring.

We can either self-destruct/kill each other quite spectacularly in the next 100 years or so, go to another planet or slowly die out because there's nothing left to eat/murder/get oxygen out of. Or even have a jolly bit of Ebola, which seems to be making a comeback.

Beam us up Scotty, we're an utter f-cking disgrace to this whole ecosystem.
    Oh damn - I was actually in a very good mood until I saw this thread.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't click on the other thread as I knew it would make me too upset.
    But, bless his beautiful little heart. He doesn't deserve to feel this pain. If only the monsters who murdered these beautiful animals could just for one second think about what they are doing and the heartache that is left behind.
    I'm sorry but the poachers who kill wild animals like this this deserve to be shot on sight.
    I know that they are acting on behalf of monsters, and probably do it because to them it's a form of income because they are so poor, but I don't care. They should track down the cowards organising the murders and kill them.
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charlie1 wrote: »
    I didn't click on the other thread as I knew it would make me too upset.
    But, bless his beautiful little heart. He doesn't deserve to feel this pain. If only the monsters who murdered these beautiful animals could just for one second think about what they are doing and the heartache that is left behind.
    I'm sorry but the poachers who kill wild animals like this this deserve to be shot on sight.
    I know that they are acting on behalf of monsters, and probably do it because to them it's a form of income because they are so poor, but I don't care. They should track down the cowards organising the murders and kill them.

Cant disagree with that
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    True.

Bearing in mind the second world war only ended 69 years ago and we know what Hitler was like.

Unfortunately society always seems to elect some bloodthirsty tyrant in to power and people go to war over stupid things like in World War 1.

Bit like Bush and Blair and that was only yesterday...two fkwits who should roast in hell pdq
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sad, depressed and upset knowing this. :(