Blackish- 8.28m (2.9)
    Nashville- 5.61m (1.5)

FOX:
    Hells Kitchen- 3.81m (1.4)
    Red Band Society- 2.91m (0.9)

The CW:
    Arrow- 2.81m (1.0)
    The Flash (r)- 2.09m (0.6)

The entire ABC sitcom block adjusted up. ABC finally have a post Modern Family hit in Blackish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/09/how-to-get-away-with-murder-and-black-ish-get-full-season-orders-at-abc/312767/

Murder and Blackish got full season orders. Murder will now have 15 and Blackish will have 22 this season. Things are looking up for ABC!!! This means Forever or SHIELD will likely face the chop.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/09/how-to-get-away-with-murder-and-black-ish-get-full-season-orders-at-abc/312767/

Murder and Blackish got full season orders. Murder will now have 15 and Blackish will have 22 this season. Things are looking up for ABC!!! This means Forever or SHIELD will likely face the chop.

SHIELD is safe until the end of the season, I imagine Marvel would want to use it as a way to promote Avengers 2 and Ant-Man next year. Agent Carter is replacing it when it goes on hiatus
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has Murder only been given 2 extra episodes? That isn't really a full season order

I reckon Shield will get a third season. Ratings are low but the demos are good. Much better than the likes of revenge and Nashville. Forever is a likely cancellation.
  • Options
    chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the deal negotiated with Viola Davis to star as the lead of the show is that it would only get shorter season orders, so the 15 episode full season.

Same situation with The Following on Fox and lead Kevin Bacon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisr21 wrote: »
    Part of the deal negotiated with Viola Davis to star as the lead of the show is that it would only get shorter season orders, so the 15 episode full season.

Same situation with The Following on Fox and lead Kevin Bacon.

I did wonder that soon after my post. She is a stage (two time tony winner) and film actress and obviously wants to balance the show and other projects. Fair enough
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    The Vampire Diaries fell to just 0.7 last night. Ouch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    The Vampire Diaries fell to just 0.7 last night. Ouch.

The show is seriously showing it's age and has run out of ideas. It deserves lower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/10/tv-ratings-thursday-gracepoint-the-vampire-diaries-a-to-z-slide-bones-flat-the-biggest-loser-hits-new-low/312918/

It just dawned on me how poorly all of NBC's new shows are doing. Laura is decreasing each week, and Bad Judge and A-Z prove they are doing poor as well.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Judge may look low and started low, BUT is it not the only show of the entire season to not drop from its premiere? For a comedy show... especially an NBC comedy show... on the dreaded usually dead NBC Thursdays is very rare. That's certainly worth noting.

In full:

CBS:
    Thursday Night Football- 8.93m (2.5), 11.91m (3.8)

ABC:
    Greys Anatomy- 8.41m (2.4)
    Scandal- 9.50m (3.0)
    How To Get Away with Murder- 10.71m (3.1)

NBC:
    The Biggest Loser- 4.61m (1.2)
    Bad Judge- 5.20m (1.3)
    A to Z- 3.64m (1.0)
    Parenthood- 4.26m (1.3)

FOX:
    Bones- 6.28m (1.5)
    Gracepoint- 3.91m (0.9)

CW:
    The Vampire Diaries- 1.65m (0.7)
    Reign- 1.12m (0.4)

Ooh, not very good for TVD. And overall, not very good for Reign either! I guess Bones is a light for FOX compared to almost everything else. But holy, Murder surpassing Scandal!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much higher the football would be on CBS if it wasn't simulcast with NFL Network, the ratings are still great and it'll return next season but it seems small compared to SNF and MNF.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like Bad Judge, so glad its held up at least. It's the role Kate Walsh was born to play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Bad Judge may look low and started low, BUT is it not the only show of the entire season to not drop from its premiere? For a comedy show... especially an NBC comedy show... on the dreaded usually dead NBC Thursdays is very rare. That's certainly worth noting.

In full:

CBS:
    Thursday Night Football- 8.93m (2.5), 11.91m (3.8)

ABC:
    Greys Anatomy- 8.41m (2.4)
    Scandal- 9.50m (3.0)
    How To Get Away with Murder- 10.71m (3.1)

NBC:
    The Biggest Loser- 4.61m (1.2)
    Bad Judge- 5.20m (1.3)
    A to Z- 3.64m (1.0)
    Parenthood- 4.26m (1.3)

FOX:
    Bones- 6.28m (1.5)
    Gracepoint- 3.91m (0.9)

CW:
    The Vampire Diaries- 1.65m (0.7)
    Reign- 1.12m (0.4)

Ooh, not very good for TVD. And overall, not very good for Reign either! I guess Bones is a light for FOX compared to almost everything else. But holy, Murder surpassing Scandal!!

I will indeed actually

Christela, a new abc sitcom premieres tonight.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I will indeed actually

Christela, a new abc sitcom premieres tonight.

Critics seems to like her, Cristela but not exactly the show.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »

TVD is one of my favourite TV programmes, but I really think enough is enough. This season needs to be the last one. They just don't have a clue anymore, they've ran out of stories and have no direction to go. I can see the ratings falling more and more as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finals. TVD and Bones up.

CBS:
    Thursday Night Football- 7.30m (2.0), 15.85m (5.4)

ABC:
    Greys Anatomy- 8.48m (2.4)
    Scandal- 9.52m (3.0)
    How To Get Away with Murder- 10.81m (3.1)

NBC:
    The Biggest Loser- 4.57m (1.2)
    Bad Judge- 5.24m (1.3)
    A to Z- 3.63m (1.0)
    Parenthood- 4.25m (1.3)

FOX:
    Bones- 6.39m (1.6)
    Gracepoint- 3.80m (0.9)

CW:
    The Vampire Diaries- 1.67m (0.8)
    Reign- 1.09m (0.4)
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    TVD is one of my favourite TV programmes, but I really think enough is enough. This season needs to be the last one. They just don't have a clue anymore, they've ran out of stories and have no direction to go. I can see the ratings falling more and more as the season goes on.
    I did think it WAS the final season - but that may have just been wishful thinking! I'm pretty sure Ian Somerhalder has been hinting for a while that he won't continue past the end of this season. They would be crazy to try and sustain the show without one of the main 3 stars IMO, and it would be far better to allow it to end decently this year. There's only so much love triangle drama I can take - I've got so freaking bored with it now! Mind you, if they end this season, there's bound to be hysteria between the Delena and Stelena fandoms, because they're going to pick just one!

I suspect that, if the ratings hold up better than this weeks numbers indicate, the network would look for ways in extending the show - concentrating on other characters going forward. The problem is, they've killed off characters before - and then just brought them back from the dead (I guess it's an option when it's a vampire show!) - but the main actors apparently signed a 6 season contract, so that's up this season.

I just wonder if the CW will get jittery that SPN is ending this season, and by ending TVD, they lose a big chunk of their line-up. BATB can't possibly survive past this season, so they're left with rather large holes to fill next year. However, they've already got The Originals as a spin-off of TVD, so maybe that's a way to keep the franchise going without the main show being on air, and perhaps even bringing in characters from TVD into the other show. CW do wait until very late in the season to announce their renewals, so everyone will be kept guessing for a while yet!

BTW, good for Bones! Who'd have guessed it would be one of Fox's success stories this season! Those numbers are holding really steady, and look really favourable when compared to some of the other shows struggling on the network.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    dizzie wrote: »
    I just wonder if the CW will get jittery that SPN is ending this season

Is it really? I've heard this a lot lately but I haven't seen anywhere 'official' confirm it.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked to see no ABC adjustments lol! Hopefully Scandal/HTGAWM will start to stabilise now, in the L+3 numbers HTGAWM added another 2.0 demo points to last weeks episode too!

Unforgettable cancelled by CBS, unsuprising and fans should be grateful it got the time it did really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked to see no ABC adjustments lol! Hopefully Scandal/HTGAWM will start to stabilise now, in the L+3 numbers HTGAWM added another 2.0 demo points to last weeks episode too!

Unforgettable cancelled by CBS, unsuprising and fans should be grateful it got the time it did really.

Unforgettable was lucky it got an additional two seasons, I'm not surprised, they already have Zoo lined up for summer 2015 and given it wasn't fully owned by CBS, its chances were slim.

Wonder if The Mentalist will end up airing in the summer if there isn't a free slot for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been hinted TVD may end this year from one cast member but it's not a deffo thing

and SPN, well there is no word whether season 10 is the final year or not. It wouldn't shock me if a season 11 does get a go ahead. The show should of ended 5 years ago realistically. It just recycles the same old rubbish. The amount of times Sam and Dean have died, gone to hell, come back and remained all psycologically messed up is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Is it really? I've heard this a lot lately but I haven't seen anywhere 'official' confirm it.
    I think I probably just assumed - my bad! I'd seen articles about the upcoming 200th episode, and wording around a series finale made me think it was heading for the end too. Not confirmed, then, but god, it's another one that should have ended around season 5 (in fact, I think SPN was supposed to end then, but they got renewed and all those plans for the end stories got scrapped!), but the CW were determined to squeeze as much as they could out of that one too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    I think I probably just assumed - my bad! I'd seen articles about the upcoming 200th episode, and wording around a series finale made me think it was heading for the end too. Not confirmed, then, but god, it's another one that should have ended around season 5 (in fact, I think SPN was supposed to end then, but they got renewed and all those plans for the end stories got scrapped!), but the CW were determined to squeeze as much as they could out of that one too!

The creator Eric Kripke had a five year plan and announced he would be leaving once that was complete. But the show got a sixth season and continued without him. It was left in the hands of Sera Gamble who effectively butchered the show. She left at the end of season 7 and since season 8, Jeremy Carver has been in charged. His work on the show is no where near as good as Eric's but a damn sight better than Sera but I think her damage was too severe for him to save the show.

Of course no show is always on top quality when your on the air for ten years. but then the later seasons of Stargate and The X Files were never this bad, so it just goes to show, that when different people take charge, it can either make or break a show. In superntural's case, it wasn't broken. It was pissed all over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nielsen has just released a statement about some errors in calculating ratings. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/10/nielsen-admits-technical-error-has-impacted-broadcast-tv-ratings-since-march-revised-fall-season-ratings-to-be-issued/313040/

Nielsen found out they had a glitch in the TV rating system since March 2014. It seems like that especially ABC profited from this because they got ratings that were not meant for that network? At least if I understood correctly. They are re-processing the ratings from August up until now at least, apparently they are in contact with their clients in case more weeks should be re-processed. I just wonder if they'll go back to March 2014 and reissue numbers for everything? We're definitely going to get revised figures for everything since August. It'll be very interesting to see this develop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent opening for Cristela.

6.57 million (1.3)

It won the slot... in fact it was the joint 2nd highest of the entire night, just behind Shark Tank.