****should I Audition For X-factor?****

m26ukm26uk Posts: 142
Forum Member
i'm thinking of auditioning for x factor I like to sing m.j song's but do sing other song's, let me know what you think! please check out my vid's

http://www.youtube.com/user/m26uk

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the voice but the wandering eyes is disconcerting! Make contact with the viewers - look at camera and maybe smile once at least.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You actualy have a real good singing voice, I'd say go for it!
  • m26ukm26uk Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I like the voice but the wandering eyes is disconcerting! Make contact with the viewers - look at camera and maybe smile once at least.

i'll take that on board lol thanks:)
    Forum Member
    You actualy have a real good singing voice, I'd say go for it!

thank you appreciate it:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    100% yes! :)
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you should :)
  • cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a great singing voice and I think you should audition. Try to be less like Michael Jackson and find your own style if you don't want to be accused of being more 'Stars in Their Eyes' than X Factor. Often the judges will pick up on the fact certain auditionees are copies of established artists and rarely put them through unless they feel there is a gap in the market (Leona Lewis singing ballads when Mariah and Whitney moved more towards R&B, for example).

And please be very aware that the show is not always about talent and about ratings and hype, the press will delve into your personal life and the judges may be critical about minor faults in your performances.

Good luck!
  • Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice voice! Definitely go for it! Your voice is good enough for X factor....
  • Jazz_MisucJazz_Misuc Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes great singing voice but (please dont take this the wrong way, my sister actually works on the production team)...

From what she's said as soon as you walk into the room, the producers are halfway there on making their minds up on if you should progress. They do look for looks - look at all the contestants this year. 90% of them who got to judges houses were good looking.
    The ones who aren't considered conventionally good looking (Jamie Afro/Rikki Loney) have a good "pop star" image....it is very generic which isn't great.

You need to have star quality (a phrase I believe is used very flippantly) which bascially means something about you (maybe your personality) needs to stand out.

I'd say go for it, but I'm not sure you'll get past the second producer round - only because you need to be original as an artist, and your voice sounds almost exactly the same to Michael Jackson's on his song. (Which is a compliment as you obviously have a good voice, but also a critique).

Good Luck though!
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes if singing is your passion and its the first thing you think of in the morning and the last thing you think of before going to sleep.

No if you cant take all the flack and dont want to be ripped apart on here by the general populas even if you are good.

*Based on your rendition of "yesterday" you wouldnt get my vote - sorry but good luck whatever you decide and where ever you end up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a great singing voice and I think you should audition. Try to be less like Michael Jackson and find your own style if you don't want to be accused of being more 'Stars in Their Eyes' than X Factor.

Yes I agree, OP sounded quite a bit like Michael Jackson. If the OP takes a song and makes it his own he could do very well.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    You've got the makings of a decent voice, but you also sound like you've fallen into the habit of trying to sound as much like MJ as possible - it's noticable on the Beatles and Imagination track you do, it doesn't sound entirely natural, more like an impression. Try and develop your own sound and I think you'd do better.
    Forum Member
    thanks for all your comments i'll take them on board, its interesting to know what people think of my singing, thanks again.:)
    Forum Member
    Michelle12 wrote: »
    Yes I agree, OP sounded quite a bit like Michael Jackson. If the OP takes a song and makes it his own he could do very well.

tell me if i'm being thick but who was op again?
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m26uk wrote: »

It means "Original Poster".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched the video, but if truly want to be a singer and understand the cruel side of industry you will encounter (you don't need to be able to deal with it straight, just learn to) then go for it.

But I will warn you not all talented singers get through to see the judges. I have number of friends, all really talented, and not one of them has got to the judges stage. All the producers have said, "You are not ready this year, come back next year". It is very random as to who gets to that stage of competition. And if you don't through that first, just go back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m26uk wrote: »

You LOL

You are the original poster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    im going to be honest and a bit harsh (like Simon Cowell :D):

I think you have a good vocal range. and you have good control at certain points but its not perfect. but you need more stage presence and you need to update your image a bit more. At the moment I think its extremely copycat - because you need to be a bit more original

Do you have any songs you have written to show us?
    - to see what kind of artist you actually are because at the moment i dont see any originality or any good artistry because having a good voice aint good enough.

I think if you audtioned for xfactor you would get through bootcamp. Not sure about if you would get through after that. I don't think you would be good enough for the live shows yet. But you should try.

I would give you 5/10

I looked at the Accapella 'just my imagination'. This was slighlty better in my opinion but it was still copycat and not originial. 6/10
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would try other avenues if i were you. The X Factor is more for your less serious acts.
    As from next series they will only be auditioning complete t***s (what? oh! that's this year).
  • sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle12 wrote: »
    You LOL

You are the original poster.

Lol, I never knew that either till now.:o Enjoyed the op singing.:D
  • cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It means "Original Poster".

Hehe, some people aren't internet forum savvy. :D
    Forum Member
    lol i thought op was the intials of some past xfactor contestant??? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when I first joined this forum I didn't know either. I didn't even know what 'LOL' meant :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you've got quite a good voice, bit too like MJ but there's nothing wrong with that i suppose.

The thing with auditioning for the x factor is.....you havent got big hair....you didnt forget any of the words and you can sing quite well sooo....a lot of the public probably wont like that....but you may as well give it a try :p
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    lovely if you like MJ