The Voice UK - Ratings Thread

Comments

• popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    5.89m (29.7%), * peak: 6.53m (30.3%) at 21:00

I'm guessing both the football and the warm weather dented it. Or quite simply, the break has killed it's momentum.

The ratings for the football were not very high - a peak of 5.75 million (average around 4 million) so it was not a case of very many people switiching to the football
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »

Because that show was in an earlier slot, and it was much warmer than it was last night. Plus, you should be comparing last night's show to the battles last year.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode of the series got 6.24m (26.9%) and a peak of 8.15m (35.1%). The previous episode (last Sunday) got 7.05m (30.4%) and peaked with 7.8m.

Five-minute breakdown:

19:10 - 4.64m (28.7%)
    19:15 - 4.83m (29.1%)
    19:20 - 4.92m (29.2%)
    19:25 - 5.22m (30.3%)
    19:30 - 5.34m (30.1%)
    19:35 - 5.51m (30.5%)
    19:40 - 5.45m (29.6%)
    19:45 - 5.51m (29.0%)
    19:50 - 5.64m (28.8%)
    19:55 - 5.85m (29.4%)
    20:00 - 5.92m (29.5%)
    20:05 - 5.94m (29.5%)
    20:10 - 6.01m (29.7%)
    20:15 - 5.94m (29.2%)
    20:20 - 6.17m (29.9%)
    20:25 - 6.17m (30.0%)
    20:30 - 6.41m (30.8%)
    20:35 - 6.41m (30.7%)
    20:40 - 6.37m (30.2%)
    20:45 - 6.19m (29.2%)
    20:50 - 6.42m (30.3%)
    20:55 - 6.38m (30.1%)
    21:00 - 6.53m (30.3%)
    21:05 - 6.40m (29.6%)
    21:10 - 6.65m (30.4%)
    21:15 - 6.23m (28.6%)

So it did the same as usual then --- starts low - builds throughout and pretty much holds it's audience till the end.

I doubt the football had much impact --- as others have said most likely the break and weather affecting it the most.

Will be interesting to see how it time shifts
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing ratings for The Voice, I thought the break would dent it, also a 2 hour 10min slot is too long. However a 30% share is very good for a warm Bank Holiday weekend evening in an early slot. Hopefully the consolidated ratings will show a big increase.

The BBC have made a complete mess of the scheduling this year.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first episode of the series got 6.24m (26.9%) and a peak of 8.15m (35.1%). The previous episode (last Sunday) got 7.05m (30.4%) and peaked with 7.8m.

Thanks.:)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    With time shift should easily clear 7+ million - good ratings IMO.

Sure not juggernaut like BGT, but great ratings for any other show
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Once again it's performing much worse after the blind auditions.. interestingly without Got Talent as competition which should have helped it.

I don't think the show was helped by the week break between the last battles episode, or the excruciatingly long two hour episode for perhaps the most dull stage of the show. It should have gone out in three shows over three consecutive nights with each show being 75ish minutes long and making it a bit faster paced...they should've been shown over one weekend from Friday to Sunday. Would have kept momentum
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Disappointing ratings for The Voice, I thought the break would dent it, also a 2 hour 10min slot is too long. However a 30% share is very good for a warm Bank Holiday weekend evening in an early slot. Hopefully the consolidated ratings will show a big increase.

The BBC have made a complete mess of the scheduling this year.

Indeed. I didn't think their scheduling could be much worse than last year.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Champions League Final, it was always bound to take a dent against the most watched 90 minutes in the world, I'm pleasantly surprised it got the 6 million it did. I suspect the BBC knew this, but they just put it out anyway as they want to get to the revamped live shows fairly quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Champions League Final, it was always bound to take a dent against the most watched 90 minutes in the world, I'm pleasantly surprised it got the 6 million it did. I suspect the BBC knew this, but they just put it out anyway as they want to get to the revamped live shows fairly quickly.

I don't think that the football's ratings were that amazing were they?
    I thought that they got around what you'd expect a typical television show would get on ITV at around that time on that day?

It would be like saying that The Voice's ratings were dented because ITV happened to be showing a programme on at the same time. Which of course they were.

"UEFA Champions League Final (19:00-22:15): 3.48m"
    Sorry, but to me that looks like **ck all.

Instead of looking for various alternative excuses sometimes people don't watch a TV programme simply because they don't want to watch it.
    I wouldn't say The Voice's ratings are what I'd call bad, but sometimes people seek all kinds of other excuses other than considering the simple notion that people might not have watched it simply because it didn't appeal to them.

3.48m for the football is practically nothing. There should be no reason why The Voice shouldn't have still been able to get similar ratings as it did for previous episodes.
    It was quite a steep drop since the last episode and I don't think you can put it down to the football on ITV last night which only got an unspectacular 3.48m.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because that show was in an earlier slot, and it was much warmer than it was last night. Plus, you should be comparing last night's show to the battles last year.

He would have to be negative about the show if he did that. ;)

Once again the ratings dropped like last year like I said it would. Not surprised viewers are losing interest considering the amount of karaoke singers were put through last night.
    However the rating overall is decent, but then so was X Factor's overnight ratings yet we were told they weren't good enough and that the axe would fall.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the rating drop is just down to the 2 week break which means the show lost momentum, the BBC have messed up with scheduling, such a shame :(
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    It was simply on too long. 2hrs 10 minutes is a marathon. (and no ad breaks for any respite :D)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is flawed, the live shows are poor and don't instil the hype and talking of X Factor.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Once again it's performing much worse after the blind auditions.. interestingly without Got Talent as competition which should have helped it.

I don't think the show was helped by the week break between the last battles episode, or the excruciatingly long two hour episode for perhaps the most dull stage of the show. It should have gone out in three shows over three consecutive nights with each show being 75ish minutes long and making it a bit faster paced...they should've been shown over one weekend from Friday to Sunday. Would have kept momentum
    I mentioned the live shows weeks ago and most people just over looked it and yet again it has happened. When will some people wake up.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was on too long and yet again there is no connection between acts and viewers.

Unless your a hardcore viewer you really don't care if Act A gets in ahead of Act B and that's a fatal flaw in the format
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    The show was on too long and yet again there is no connection between acts and viewers.

Unless your a hardcore viewer you really don't care if Act A gets in ahead of Act B and that's a fatal flaw in the format

Yeah, you want to know more sob stories about the acts? What with VTs and then increase the broadcast times even longer??? Your arguement isn't even logical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many weeks are left?
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many weeks are left?

There are 2 knockout rounds on Saturday and Sunday. Then there are 3 live shoes over the next 3 weekends.

With regard to ratings, looking at the listings for next weekend, it seems they are putting the BBC3 repeat on at 12.15 at night on Saturday and Sunday nights (or Sun/Mon morning). They used to put the repeat on the day after at a reasonable time and often got a rating of 1 million. They won't get that at that time of night. Sometimes I think the scheduler at the BBC doesn't want The Voice to do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you want to know more sob stories about the acts? What with VTs and then increase the broadcast times even longer??? Your arguement isn't even logical.

It is. It's all about better production values. I didn't say sob stories, I never mentioned sob stories. But we have these acts that appear, sing and then are in a battle round and we're supposed to care, yet we know nothing about them.
    Forum Member
    I don't think that the football's ratings were that amazing were they?
    I thought that they got around what you'd expect a typical television show would get on ITV at around that time on that day?

It would be like saying that The Voice's ratings were dented because ITV happened to be showing a programme on at the same time. Which of course they were.

"UEFA Champions League Final (19:00-22:15): 3.48m"
    Sorry, but to me that looks like **ck all.

Instead of looking for various alternative excuses sometimes people don't watch a TV programme simply because they don't want to watch it.
    I wouldn't say The Voice's ratings are what I'd call bad, but sometimes people seek all kinds of other excuses other than considering the simple notion that people might not have watched it simply because it didn't appeal to them.

3.48m for the football is practically nothing. There should be no reason why The Voice shouldn't have still been able to get similar ratings as it did for previous episodes.
    It was quite a steep drop since the last episode and I don't think you can put it down to the football on ITV last night which only got an unspectacular 3.48m.

Wrong again, it was on two channels, Sky Sports 1 and ITV combine the two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong again, it was on two channels, Sky Sports 1 and ITV combine the two.

Didn't Sky only get about 700k? Hardly a missing million
    Forum Member
    Probably but The Voice was still the most watched show on the day, if it wasn't for the CL Final it would of got more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably but The Voice was still the most watched show on the day, if it wasn't for the CL Final it would of got more.

I don't think the weather helped any show this weekend, I was out in the garden til 9pm over the weekend and its lovely again today, though I understand not everywhere.

I recorded this week, the 2hr plus was just too long for me to watch outright and I managed the whole show in about 20 mins when I cut out the mass waffling. I imagine it'll be the same with BGT tonight