Options

***** The WINNER OF 2014 Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate 2014 *****

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 1 (BB1)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 2 (BB2)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 3 (BB3)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 4 (BB4)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 5 (BB5)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 6 (BB6)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 7 (BB7)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 8 (BB8)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 9 (BB9)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 10 (BB10)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 11 (BB11)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 12 (BB12)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 13 (BB13)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 14 (BB14)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 15 (BB15)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 16 (Celebrity Hijack)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 17 (CBB1)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 18 (CBB2)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 19 (CBB3)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 20 (CBB4)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 21 (CBB5)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 22 (CBB6)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 23 (CBB7)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 24 (CBB8)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 25 (CBB9)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 26 (CBB10)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 27 (CBB11)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 28 (CBB12)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 29 (CBB13)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 30 (CBB14)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 31 (Top 32)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 32 (Top 16)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 33 (Quarter Finals)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 34 (Semi Finals)

Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Round 35 (2014 Grand Final)

Big Brother Forum This is Nathan, you are live on Digital Spy please do not swear. The Great DS Public have been voting for the last 24 hours and the votes have been counted and verified and I can now confirm that the WINNER of the 2014 Digital Spy's BB's Greatest Ever Housemate Is...........

AARON ALLARD-MORGAN :):):):):)

The results were as follows...

1. Rachel Rice (Big Brother 9) - 19 Points Vs Aaron Allard-Morgan (Big Brother 12) - 26 Points

So now that is every year this competition we have done where we have had a brand new winner with Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace winning in 2012 and Rachel Rice winning in 2013. Ironically both when Rachel and Aaron have won they have eliminated Aisleyne in the Quarter Finals :D...So if you eliminate Aisleyne in the Quarter Finals you are pretty much guaranteed victory :D

Lets remind ourselves of Aaron's road to victory...

BB12 Housemates
Kate Lawler (BB3)
Karissa & Kristina (CBB9)
Aisleyne Horgan Wallace (BB7)
Helen Adams (BB2)
Rachel Rice (BB9)

Now in the 3 years of this competition Aaron has made it to the Semi Finals in 2012 (Losing to Rachel Rice, he redeemed the victory tonight), In 2013 he was eliminated in the top 32 (By Erm Courtney Stodden) and has won the entire competition in 2014. 3 Forum favourites have now all won this competition which proves the luck of the draw and who you face along the way can make all the difference :)

A HUGE thank you to everyone who votes in this competition whether it was one round or all 35 rounds, its been fun doing this again. This is the part where like the last two years I leave the fate of this competition up to you...

Would you like me to bring this competition back in 2015? If you do then how would it best be operated? Normally the knockout stages have 32 in the first round but next year there would have been 33 different Big Brothers. So should I increase to 64 with 31 wildcards or Have it 33 with no wildcards and one of the knockout round matches becomes a Triple Threat? Alternatively I can regroup and add an extra group stage to find the top 16 for the knockout stages? :confused: Or any other ideas are more than welcome.

So once again its been a blast and thanks for voting so lets all enjoy Aaron's victory through the medium of juvenile comedy :D

Nathan

Comments

• Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    A well deserved triumph for the greatest ever housemate - Aaron:)
    Rachel was an anodyne housemate who wouldn't be in my top 200 housemates.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done to Aaron and his fans, he didnt have an easy route to the final so deserved his win! Rachel has already won it, so only fair someone else takes a turn.

As for next year, i was wondering what would happen with it being 33 series then, i personally would vote for an extra round of 64 with 31 wild cards, but whatever yu decide is fine by me !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Great winner. :)

Thank you so much for doing this Nathan. I enjoy this every year. I would definitely like to see it return!!!
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=RabidWolverine1;74957630
    A HUGE thank you to everyone who votes in this competition whether it was one round or all 35 rounds, its been fun doing this again. This is the part where like the last two years I leave the fate of this competition up to you...

Would you like me to bring this competition back in 2015? If you do then how would it best be operated? Normally the knockout stages have 32 in the first round but next year there would have been 33 different Big Brothers. So should I increase to 64 with 31 wildcards or Have it 33 with no wildcards and one of the knockout round matches becomes a Triple Threat? Alternatively I can regroup and add an extra group stage to find the top 16 for the knockout stages? :confused: Or any other ideas are more than welcome.

So once again its been a blast and thanks for voting so lets all enjoy Aaron's victory through the medium of juvenile comedy :D

Nathan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for running it again Nathan, I would be happy to have 31 wildcards.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Well done to Aaron and his fans, he didnt have an easy route to the final so deserved his win! Rachel has already won it, so only fair someone else takes a turn.

As for next year, i was wondering what would happen with it being 33 series then, i personally would vote for an extra round of 64 with 31 wild cards, but whatever yu decide is fine by me !

I would have a preliminary round between two lesser series to see who makes the first round proper, or drop Hijack as its a spinoff series
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    I would have a preliminary round between two lesser series to see who makes the first round proper, or drop Hijack as its a spinoff series

Trouble is who is to say what counts as a lesser series, we all have our own views on that i am sure!! and the HJ hms are all genuine hms who deserved to be included, their show has a unique position in BB being neither a fully fledged CBB or normal BB a and the hms have their fans whose votes should be counted.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    I am guesting you mean the 2 with the lowest points?
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nathan for running this!! It was great fun! :D
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite housemate of all time winning a DS game, wow. <3
  • Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for running this again- I'd be up for 31 wildcards next year. Would make the early rounds a lot more unpredictable I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am guesting you mean the 2 with the lowest points?

Yeah.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased with that result :D

Thanks for running this Nathan, hopefully I'll get to take part again next year :)
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed that Rachel didn't win this again, but happy for Aaron. He was my favourite in his series.
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Not my favourite - but I guess I can't have my own way every year. ;)

Thanks Nathan. :)

As for next year: wildcards bring something extra, imo, so it's probably better to have too many rather than none. But obviously it's up to you.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way, lol.

Someone winning from a series with no live feed?
    Bleh, this isn't even a real BB forum any more :-/

I demand a steward's enquiry ;)
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Well done Aaron!
    not my personal favourite but a worthy winner :) I still cringe when I think of the boo's he got on the final night ... nasty crowd.

Yes I would love you to bring this competition back in 2015 I can't believe I have watched so many BB's :blush: and every year I say I am not watching anymore! :p
    I like the idea of the wildcards it adds a bit of extra excitement.

A big thank you Nathan for taking the time and effort to run this I really enjoyed it :) hope things are going well for you now.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result - I have always thought Aaron was a great housemate. I would love to see this competition back again next year but will leave it to Nathan to decide the format.

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Trumbles wrote: »
    Not my favourite - but I guess I can't have my own way every year. ;)

Thanks Nathan. :)

As for next year: wildcards bring something extra, imo, so it's probably better to have too many rather than none. But obviously it's up to you.

I agree with this as tip for next year. It would be good if the runners up have a runners up off first to determine the wildcards - as those who come in second, and are low in points maybe because the person who is third was popular too, dont get a chance, so the fairest thing wuld be runner up X V runner up y, and so on in the same way the comp is done to determine the forum wildcards. :)
  • Options
    SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've done a sterling job RW. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't join in because I didn't come back online until too late, but great thread.
    How about having the first round as a 33 competitor play-off to eliminate one?
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good game, good game.

I presume the reason that you keep the knock-out stages random is to make the game less predictable. I know that if you seeded the HMs (either from the results of the first round, or from the previous year's results) we would get a pretty obvious result in the first round of knockouts, but would get a more meaningful result at the end.

But it is just a game, and I don't mind who wins (Rachel and Aaron are both nearer the bottom than the top of my favourite ever HMs - my favourite HMs are seldom forum faves and so will never do well in these type of games) it has been fun and I thank you for organising it. :)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Great result. Great competition :cool: Thanks Nathan :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One idea for next year could be the 33 winners get through joined by seven wild cards to make 40. These then get placed into 8 groups of five which all play each other once, top two from each group go through and the game continues in a knockout format
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry it has taken so long to reply...I genuinely went to Wales to climb Mount Snowdon with some friends...random thing to do I know but im temporarily unemployed and Im trying hard not to give in to Day Time TV :D
    Barracute wrote: »

Thanks for running it again Nathan, I would be happy to have 31 wildcards.
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    Thanks for running this again- I'd be up for 31 wildcards next year. Would make the early rounds a lot more unpredictable I think
    Trumbles wrote: »
    Not my favourite - but I guess I can't have my own way every year.

Thanks Nathan.

This does seem to be the preferred option add an extra round and a lot of wildcards and who am I too deny such an honour haha
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Great winner.

Thank you so much for doing this Nathan. I enjoy this every year. I would definitely like to see it return!!!

Thanks Pingu, I appreciate it. :)
    Thanks Nathan for running this!! It was great fun!

Thank you very much :)
    Pleased with that result

Thanks for running this Nathan, hopefully I'll get to take part again next year

I hope so too and thanks very much :)
    sangreal wrote: »
    No way, lol.

Someone winning from a series with no live feed?
    Bleh, this isn't even a real BB forum any more

I demand a steward's enquiry

HOW DARE YOU :D
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Well done Aaron!
    not my personal favourite but a worthy winner I still cringe when I think of the boo's he got on the final night ... nasty crowd.

Yes I would love you to bring this competition back in 2015 I can't believe I have watched so many BB's and every year I say I am not watching anymore!
    I like the idea of the wildcards it adds a bit of extra excitement.

A big thank you Nathan for taking the time and effort to run this I really enjoyed it hope things are going well for you now.

They are thank you, I do have a job now but it doesnt begin till 1st Monday in November. At least its in time for Christmas :_
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Great result - I have always thought Aaron was a great housemate. I would love to see this competition back again next year but will leave it to Nathan to decide the format.

Thanks very much!

Thanks for the comments :)
    I agree with this as tip for next year. It would be good if the runners up have a runners up off first to determine the wildcards - as those who come in second, and are low in points maybe because the person who is third was popular too, dont get a chance, so the fairest thing wuld be runner up X V runner up y, and so on in the same way the comp is done to determine the forum wildcards.

Interesting I may consider this thanks :)
    You've done a sterling job RW.

Thank you very much :)
    Menk wrote: »
    Good game, good game.

I presume the reason that you keep the knock-out stages random is to make the game less predictable. I know that if you seeded the HMs (either from the results of the first round, or from the previous year's results) we would get a pretty obvious result in the first round of knockouts, but would get a more meaningful result at the end.

But it is just a game, and I don't mind who wins (Rachel and Aaron are both nearer the bottom than the top of my favourite ever HMs - my favourite HMs are seldom forum faves and so will never do well in these type of games) it has been fun and I thank you for organising it. :)

Yeah the wildcards add a "Oh my god I can't believe how well they are doing" element which goes hand in hand with virtually every reality show in the history of the world
    Great result. Great competition Thanks Nathan

Thank you :)
    One idea for next year could be the 33 winners get through joined by seven wild cards to make 40. These then get placed into 8 groups of five which all play each other once, top two from each group go through and the game continues in a knockout format

Not a bad idea I have some thinking to do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and if anyone has any interest I did an X Factor one in December 2013...I may return that again in December this year (Less long winded than the BB one :D)

Or I may do a Strictly or IACGMOOH one...Undecided at the moment.