Options

What happened to EE Donna Yates?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Quote:

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins described her character as "flinty, aggressive and difficult".

"Donna's not an easy character to like at first," he admitted. "As we get to know her better however, we will discover a funny, loyal but also fragile woman underneath. Lisa is a brilliantly comic and sharp actress and we've been trying to get her into the EastEnders cast for a long time - so I'm delighted that it has finally happened."

I haven't seen her on screen in ages. Are they playing her character down until everything else blows over before they start giving her even a small storyline?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I hope that after the anniversary she will be given something good to do. I think it's unfair to judge her at the moment because we haven't seen what she is capable of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Vatican wrote: »
    I hope that after the anniversary she will be given something good to do. I think it's unfair to judge her at the moment because we haven't seen what she is capable of.

Agreed. They should give her something small even at the minute just to give viewers a chance to get to know her character a bit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    *deleted*
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I was saying to a friend I don't get the dislike of this character. She's been less of a cow to Bianca and Kat than they were to Tamwar and Mr. Lister. They bullied Tamwar to within an inch of his life. Alfie is a lazy bastard. Donna is right to point that out to him. He lost his stall because he thinks he's entitled to do as he pleases and people will let him away with it because he's a smooth talker. Donna is a hard worker and takes pride in her stall. Something the likes of Alfie, Bianca and Kat could never understand. Good on her I say. Give her a storyline!
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's back in it tomorrow (unfortunately)...
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone said the actress has been busy filming Vera
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote:

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins described her character as "flinty, aggressive and difficult".

"Donna's not an easy character to like at first," he admitted. "As we get to know her better however, we will discover a funny, loyal but also fragile woman underneath. Lisa is a brilliantly comic and sharp actress and we've been trying to get her into the EastEnders cast for a long time - so I'm delighted that it has finally happened."

I haven't seen her on screen in ages. Are they playing her character down until everything else blows over before they start giving her even a small storyline?

I can't stand her, so the less she is in it the better...
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shut your marf Yates or I'll cut your brakes!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely nothing has happened as yet, all we have seen is a nasty mouthed woman
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if she was affected by Patsy Palmers decision to leave, as they were building up a rivalry between them and she had a nice friendship with Terry as well.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ameew wrote: »
    I'm wondering if she was affected by Patsy Palmers decision to leave, as they were building up a rivalry between them and she had a nice friendship with Terry as well.

Yes, I was expecting a War between the two stalls, which would end up with one of them shutting, the one being shut the one run by bianca and Kat. But once Patsy said she was leaving, it is obvious they had to change the storyline.

Cant see Donba have a long term future as they cant really move her onto the square, for accessible reasons, but of course that hasnt stopped Izzy on Corrie
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could always live near the square or on ot.
    Lisa and donna don't always have to be In their wheelchair. Patsy's quitting has affected a lot of actors and characters and the majority got axed. Donna I is still arround so maybe a rivalry with kush aswell? I can see her forming a friendship with shabnam on one hand or being completely racist. Maybe she might change towards Kat she. She returns from hospital? She needs to make some friendships though.

She has been filming Vera recently anyway so she hasn't been on ee for a while. She's i. It tonight though :) plus with Kat being in hospital there's hardly been anything on the market and the majority of the episodes were all on the wedding day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's meant to be a horrible character which I think some people miss. As said above Bianca and Kat have been vile to Tamwar in the past because they think the word owes them a living - but the viewers seem fine with that. Donna told the truth about lazy Alfie.

I think DTC has got it right but not creating a disabled character that we all feel sorry for or is all sugary and weak - she is meant to be disliked!