Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I think I read the other day that Simon Cowell made a very large donation to the Manchester Dogs Home after the arson attack, so he's a good bloke in my book.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    I think I read the other day that Simon Cowell made a very large donation to the Manchester Dogs Home after the arson attack, so he's a good bloke in my book.

Yeah, that was good of him. Simon seems okay, especially going by what another poster on here said about him when they were having a conversation with no one else around in a corridor.
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Marilliona wrote: »
    Re the numpty from Granadaland. Would it be son of the family with a quacking name?
    I thought of "Our Turry" as well. Well known to be dodgy, having allegedly done porridge for robbery and also suspected of carrying a gun in 2001, and also a gun was found in one of his houses too, of course, I must add, allegedly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    My dad is a conductor so has met a few celebrities (almost enirely musicians or presenters) during shows, some who've been very nice and others who haven't.

Andrea Bocelli was late for every rehearsal, offered no apologies for it and refused to sign autographs for anyone in the choir. Paul McCartney bought everyone a present after they did their show but wouldn't let anyone come near him and had my dad vetted by about 4 different security guards before he was allowed to speak to him. Graham Norton & Rufus Wainwright were lovely and very charming, posed for photos and signed autographs for everyone. Nick from The Apprentice is the nicest person he's ever met though - was in the audience and came up to speak to my dad afterwards and said what a good show it was, asked how long he'd been conducting, bought him a drink in the bar etc.

A friend of mine went to school with George Ezra and said that he was really unpleasant back then and acted like he was better than everyone else because he was in a band.

Personally, I met a currently popular tv chef this time last year at a function he was making an appearance at. I went over to talk to him because I love the show he's on and he was absolutely charming initially, but then he asked me if I wanted to go for a drink after and got quite arsey with me when I politely turned him down since he's old enough to be my dad (something along the lines of "I could have any woman here if I wanted to" was said).

Also met Emma Bunton in the late 90s and remember her being very down to earth and polite.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abbiesgail wrote: »
    My dad is a conductor so has met a few celebrities (almost enirely musicians or presenters) during shows, some who've been very nice and others who haven't.

Andrea Bocelli was late for every rehearsal, offered no apologies for it and refused to sign autographs for anyone in the choir. Paul McCartney bought everyone a present after they did their show but wouldn't let anyone come near him and had my dad vetted by about 4 different security guards before he was allowed to speak to him. Graham Norton & Rufus Wainwright were lovely and very charming, posed for photos and signed autographs for everyone. Nick from The Apprentice is the nicest person he's ever met though - was in the audience and came up to speak to my dad afterwards and said what a good show it was, asked how long he'd been conducting, bought him a drink in the bar etc.

A friend of mine went to school with George Ezra and said that he was really unpleasant back then and acted like he was better than everyone else because he was in a band.

Personally, I met a currently popular tv chef this time last year at a function he was making an appearance at. I went over to talk to him because I love the show he's on and he was absolutely charming initially, but then he asked me if I wanted to go for a drink after and got quite arsey with me when I politely turned him down since he's old enough to be my dad (something along the lines of "I could have any woman here if I wanted to" was said).

Also met Emma Bunton in the late 90s and remember her being very down to earth and polite.
    Sounds like quite a Hollywood diva?
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Sounds like quite a Hollywood diva?

Indeed. I expect I'm not the only one who's had a conversation like that with him.
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it fair to expect a blind man to sign autographs?
    Forum Member
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    Is it fair to expect a blind man to sign autographs?

Of course not, I feel terribly embarrassed now - I'm probably confusing him with someone else who did refuse to sign autographs. I highly doubt anyone would have asked him.
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not to say a blind person can't also be a ****.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course not, I feel terribly embarrassed now - I'm probably confusing him with someone else who did refuse to sign autographs. I highly doubt anyone would have asked him.

Who was it?
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Who was it?

May have been Paul Potts. I can't quite remember.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you say Nick from The Apprentice, do you mean Nick Hewer? I really like him, think he's really good on Countdown, just comes across as a genuinely lovely bloke. My husband doesn't get why I feel that way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Man who can't see, speaks another language predominantly and reads Braille tended to be late since he can't read clock faces and has no understanding of the written form of script turns out to not be sociable at rehearsals. I don't think you can really knock Bocelli for not being able to see, write or respond to people speaking to him without a translator or not pressing a button on his watch every other minute to so tell him the time.

After what happened to Lennon, I can't blame McCarthy for being cautious about security.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    When you say Nick from The Apprentice, do you mean Nick Hewer? I really like him, think he's really good on Countdown, just comes across as a genuinely lovely bloke. My husband doesn't get why I feel that way!

I think Nick is fantastic on Countdown. He's the first one since Richard who actually seems to ENJOY the program he's presenting.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you diss two separate people within one thread, yet you don't actually really know who it was. Right keyboard warrior you are, aren't you???!!!

Think we'll believe what you say........NOT!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't blame McCarthy for being cautious about security.

Perhaps paranoid about communist conspirators.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Perhaps paranoid about communist conspirators.

:D:D:D:D
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I met that abbiesgail off digital Spy once, what a clueless person they were, or maybe it was someone else, cant quite remember.
  • Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Morrissey at the Hackney Empire in the mid nineties. He was there to see Kirsty Mccoll who was supporting Billy Bragg. He was lovely, friendly and happy to have a little chat. Oh, and he looked incredibly tall!
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man who can't see, speaks another language predominantly and reads Braille tended to be late since he can't read clock faces and has no understanding of the written form of script turns out to not be sociable at rehearsals. I don't think you can really knock Bocelli for not being able to see, write or respond to people speaking to him without a translator or not pressing a button on his watch every other minute to so tell him the time.

After what happened to Lennon, I can't blame McCarthy for being cautious about security.

My son is blind and he is a good time keeper
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne MA wrote: »
    I met Morrissey at the Hackney Empire in the mid nineties. He was there to see Kirsty Mccoll who was supporting Billy Bragg. He was lovely, friendly and happy to have a little chat. Oh, and he looked incredibly tall!

You'll ruin his reputation with stories like that.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I meant the TV chef, sorry my fault I quoted the wrong part of your post :) Was it Gregg Wallace or the Heston guy?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I met penn and teller while i was on holiday after one of their shows and they were nice. Teller was the nicest, considering he never talks on stage hes very chatty in real life! We had a photo with him and he took the camera and did a selfie shot of the three of us :D

Penn was ok but more professional i suppose. He kind of stood there while people queued up to have photos with him and get things signed but didnt chat a lot. Teller was working the crowd, chatting to everyone and having a laugh whereas penn was more of a "thank you for coming, hope you enjoyed the show" kind of guy.

Have to give them credit though, there were loads of people waiting to meet them and as promised they didnt leave until every single person had met them and left. Definitely no sense of ego and they didnt seem in a rush to leave. It does them good though because everyone had nothing but good words to say about them.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I met penn and teller while i was on holiday after one of their shows and they were nice. Teller was the nicest, considering he never talks on stage hes very chatty in real life! We had a photo with him and he took the camera and did a selfie shot of the three of us :D

Penn was ok but more professional i suppose. He kind of stood there while people queued up to have photos with him and get things signed but didnt chat a lot. Teller was working the crowd, chatting to everyone and having a laugh whereas penn was more of a "thank you for coming, hope you enjoyed the show" kind of guy.

Have to give them credit though, there were loads of people waiting to meet them and as promised they didnt leave until every single person had met them and left. Definitely no sense of ego and they didnt seem in a rush to leave. It does them good though because everyone had nothing but good words to say about them.

They have a reputation for spending a long time meeting and greeting fans after shows etc. I've read quite a few examples on the web.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

Good to hear. Funny how the 'silent' one comes alive after the show while the gobby one seems more reserved!