Celebs who you thought were really short and are really tall

Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And vice versa: celebs you thought were tall, were really short.

I'll start off. I always thought Boy George was little, turns out he's 6 foot.:eek:

Everyone knows Kylie Minogue is 4 feet 7, so no surprise there!:eek:

I thought Colin Mochrie, off Whose Line Is It Anyway, was short, about 5 feet 7. Appears he's 6 feet 2!:eek: Looks smaller on TV.

I always assumed Peter Cushing was about 5 feet 7. But he was 6 feet too. :eek:

Any more?:D

Comments

• LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Barrymore was a dwarf but he isnt.
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye Sea wrote: »
    I thought Colin Mochrie, off Whose Line Is It Anyway, was short, about 5 feet 7. Appears he's 6 feet 2!:eek: Looks smaller on TV.

Yeah it's funny with the Whose Line cast because they're all really tall so when you see them together you don't realise. Even Josie Lawrence is about 5'10 or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frances Welsch of Frances and The Machine I took to be about 5'4.Turns out she is 6' in her bare feet.

Usually it is the other way,men who seem tall but are in fact only 5'6 or so.. mostly in Hollywood.!!
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye Sea wrote: »
    Everyone knows Kylie Minogue is 4 feet 7, so no surprise there!:eek:

I thought Kylie was 5 ft 1?
    Lurkalot wrote: »
    I thought Barrymore was a dwarf but he isnt.

Michael Barrymore? With the gangly long legs. What made you think he was a dwarf unless you were only joking ;)

I always thought Justin Timberlake was quite short but seeing him next to other people on screen he looks about 5 ft 11.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Titchmarsh surprised me as being a tall chap - and his Channel 4 rival, Paul O'Grady is surprisingly tall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    i thought Amy Winehouse was really tall but she's only about 5ft 3in :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I always thought Thandie Newton was really tall, but she's only 5'3.

And i thought Jimmy Carr was pretty short, but it turns out he's like over 6ft!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I was quite surprised when I learned Paul O'Grady is about 6'1"
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That chef fella, James Martin. I always thought he was relatively tall, but I walked past him the other day and he was very tall.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The bouffant alone probably measures 2ft. :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    The bouffant alone probably measures 2ft. :eek::D

So true. :D
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dale Winton , James May and Jeremy Clarkson are tall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member

i think it's because she's so skinny at the moment so she looks longer (if that makes sense)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Kylie was 5 ft 1?
    No 4 ft 7. Same as comedienne Susan Calman who can stand up straight in the back of a black cab, and expensive hobby but seems to keep her happy.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    No 4 ft 7. Same as comedienne Susan Calman who can stand up straight in the back of a black cab, and expensive hobby but seems to keep her happy.

I remember buying Smash Hits magazine back in the 80's and it said she was 5ft 1 and on IMDB it says she's 5ft 0 and a quarter, unless Kylie decided from a young age to add 5 and a bit inches to her height.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    My cousin works in a bar that Leonardo DeCaprio frequents regularly, apparently he isn't as short as you thought he was. ;)
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Walsh - I always imagined him as a tiny little leprechaun :D but he is taller than Simon Cowell (and thats Simon Cowell IN heels ;) ).

I was quite shocked today when I read that Brad Pitt is actually tiny - is that true?? Oh how our screens lie to us :D .
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed Michael Jackson was quite small but heard recently he was about 5'10. Is that true?
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    allie5 wrote: »
    Louis Walsh - I always imagined him as a tiny little leprechaun :D but he is taller than Simon Cowell (and thats Simon Cowell IN heels ;) ).

I was quite shocked today when I read that Brad Pitt is actually tiny - is that true?? Oh how our screens lie to us :D .

No that's not true.Brad Pitt is near enough 6' foot tall.
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I assumed Michael Jackson was quite small but heard recently he was about 5'10. Is that true?

Near enough.Michael Jackson was reputed to be 5'9 in reality.Sometimes looked smaller,but sometimes looked taller (wore heels quite alot).
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When I met Sexy Simon at BGT I noticed he wasn't very much taller than Ant and Dec - and he had his cowboy boots with 2 inch heels on and they were in trainers. Bless him;)
    I felt like a giant at 5ft 7 and 3 inch heels:o
  • SugarKane11SugarKane11 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Ian McKellen was much smaller then what I expected him to be!!!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Tarrant is tall. Noel Edmonds is teeny weeny. But both look their heights (I think) on the telly.
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    Frances Welsch of Frances and The Machine I took to be about 5'4.Turns out she is 6' in her bare feet.

Usually it is the other way,men who seem tall but are in fact only 5'6 or so.. mostly in Hollywood.!!

Speaking as a female of just over 5ft 6ins - this is the height small men always claim to be. I've been able to rest my elbow on the heads of men who claimed to be my height! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Saw Bob Hoskins in Waitrose a couple of years ago - another man who is "5ft 6ins" - well he WASN'T when he walked past me, that's all I can say!! :D:D
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brad Pitt is (allegedly) 5ft 11 ins.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Jonas Armstrong was short but I read that he is 6ft.