Options

Tesco clubcard coupons query

DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Pretty trivial this but someone may know. From time to time we receive coupons from Tesco. These will be money off or double points etc.

Recently we have also had ones that just say "FREE xxxx". The latest one is for a free fruit salad. We do all our shopping online so I don't know what would happen if I used the coupon in store. Anyway when I do our order it shows the available coupons but for each free one it always says "your order has not qualified to redeem this ecoupon". I have no idea what it is we have to do to qualify as the coupon is not dependent on buying anything specific and the coupon has no restrictions on it and is in the correct data range.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these particular coupons and used then online and if you are supposed to do anything specific to get your free product? Oddly I'm getting the same message now on a "double points" coupon. I've read the T&C and can't find anything there either. I'm wondering if there is a minimum spend but I can't find anything.

Comments

• Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just making sure - have you put the item in your basket before checking out?
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you put the free fruit salad in your online basket ? The code should then highlight for you to be able to use it. Or is it instore only ? Occasionally, although I too order everything online) I get a coupon which is instore only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i have loads of these, and they have to be specific or else they don't scan and says not right product..silly really..she gives them back so i said i will use them next time..But who has the time to sift through them and choose the correct item for scanning..i haven't

rant over :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! no I hadn't put the item in my basket as mistakenly I thought the code would do that for me as it was a free one. Having said that I can't find the product online anyway. Never mind at least I know what to do next time. Just need to figure out why my double points coupon isn't working now!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Just need to figure out why my double points coupon isn't working now!

That is odd. If you had already used it then it wouldn't be on the list. I know in the past when I have had queries I email Tesco. Their customer service is great and sometimes you get a little extra for the hassle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    That is odd. If you had already used it then it wouldn't be on the list. I know in the past when I have had queries I email Tesco. Their customer service is great and sometimes you get a little extra for the hassle.

Never had an issue before but just tells me my order doesn't qualify. Will contact them if necessary.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got that with one of mine at the moment. It's for double points on any order. It's not expired but it just says 'Your order hasn't qualified'. I can only assume it has a hidden start date of 1st January.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I've got that with one of mine at the moment. It's for double points on any order. It's not expired but it just says 'Your order hasn't qualified'. I can only assume it has a hidden start date of 1st January.

I was wondering about that too but all the all other vouchers with different start dates clearly state that on the voucher and in my eWallet as well. See what happens next week when I try it again.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, ring the helpline and explain what's happened. They will make sure it is put right.

I do Tesco groceries on line and had a similar problem with claiming double points. It said I had already used it the maximum number of times. On phoning, they just awarded me the points with no further questions asked.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here, wondered what was going on.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i have loads of these, and they have to be specific or else they don't scan and says not right product..silly really..she gives them back so i said i will use them next time..But who has the time to sift through them and choose the correct item for scanning..i haven't

rant over :D

Same here!, they drive me mad at times!, I am either too early with them or too late!... i usually end up giving them to the cashier to bin them!, but what i want to say to you op is!, 'take a look on your clubcard', i think you should find a customer service telephone number on there, give them a ring and get a direct answer to your query!, ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well this thread prompted me to do my Tesco order, and I've also got the same thing (the post I made earlier was for a different occasion !!!)

this is the screenshot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's not the date. I just checked mine and~:

"Double Points when you shop in store or online at tesco.com/groceries
    This coupon is available for 1 more order(s)
    Your order has not qualified to redeem this eCoupon."

Expiry is 23/2/2014. My order total is £54. I'll give 'em a call today.

Mind you they might having a bad day. My diced Chorizo says 'Save money. Was £2.50. Now £2.50" :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I've noticed is that I ordered their own brand cat litter, but the 70p off voucher is also greyed out saying my order does not qualify.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's not the date. I just checked mine and~:

"Double Points when you shop in store or online at tesco.com/groceries
    This coupon is available for 1 more order(s)
    Your order has not qualified to redeem this eCoupon."

Expiry is 23/2/2014. My order total is £54. I'll give 'em a call today.

Mind you they might having a bad day. My diced Chorizo says 'Save money. Was £2.50. Now £2.50" :)

Rang a few minutes ago. They are going to give me the 70p for the cat litter, and double the clubcard points, but won't be able to do it until tomorrow, when the order is due, and after my card has been debited.

He told me they've been having issues with some of the vouchers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My voucher is working now and they've corrected the Chorizo. It's a save 50p deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My voucher is working now and they've corrected the Chorizo. It's a save 50p deal.

Just checked it, and so's mine now. Although the 70p off for the cat litter, has morphed into just 40p.