Watch Dogs

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    The issue is that people want to see a teaser as they would a movie but that isn't possible with a game so you end up with pre rendered scenes, it's been happening for years and will continue to happen.

Far Cry 3..... Aliens Colonial Marines
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's disappointing how much focus goes on what it looks like, way more than what it plays like. I like the cover system. Everything else...meh, all feels a bit cheap, light and throwaway. Reminiscent of Saints Row.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    The issue is that people want to see a teaser as they would a movie but that isn't possible with a game so you end up with pre rendered scenes, it's been happening for years and will continue to happen.

No one even knew what Watch Dogs was before the reveal, it's not like it was a long running franchise and the public was getting impatient at seeing the sequel so Ubi wern't exactly under any pressure at all to show any footage, alot of publishers reveal new IP's with only info about the premise/plot etc with maybe a screen or two, no ones forcing them to show footage.

This was a brand new IP, now of course due to this Ubi wanted some attention for their new blockbuster title so in comes the footage with spectacular graphics, due to those graphics Ubi steal the show, Watch Dogs is all anyones talking about and the hype begins.

Fast forward two years later, Ubi have been found out and all anyone can talk about is the graphics (This time, for the wrong reasons).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Far Cry 3..... Aliens Colonial Marines

And in the case of Aliens Colonial Marines Sega were getting sued:
    The suit first and foremost nails Sega and Gearbox for false advertisement, pushing trailers, screenshots and promotional material since E3, 2011 that was not representative of the game that consumers would eventually buy. Worse yet, for Sega and Gearbox, the suit defends those who pre-ordered the game based on the promo material, with Edelson claiming that consumers had no way of knowing that the awesome game that was being marketed, was not the game that consumers were buying.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sega-Gearbox-Sued-Falsely-Advertising-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-55235.html

I don't think anything came of it in the end, havn't really followed it, but i'm suprised publishers still continue with these practices, i guess they must see the backlash/long term damage to the brand worth it for the initial sales :confused:
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few streamers tonight playing WD, Think I will pass on this game from what I have watched.

I will watch some more though........maybe it will grow.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leinxus wrote: »
    I guess how well it holds up to the 2012 version will differ on who you ask, but this is my main issue really, Sony used to do this a long time ago (Killzone 2005 anyone?) but stopped after they realised that creating hype via pre-rendered footage/un-achievable graphics wasn't worth it due to the backlash once people found out, it's exactly what's happening with Watch Dogs right now and rightly so, publishers shouldn't get away scot free for bullshitting people just as the likes of Sony havn't in the past.

You looks the same to me. I dont understand what your on about.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You looks the same to me. I dont understand what your on about.

Agree to be fair. The wonderful thing about PC is that games (not all) can be modded to increase the graphics quality and this 2012 and now footage doesn't look all that different to me.

Look at the initial concept footage for crysis. The final game didn't look like it even on a high end nuclear system lol. However with Mods it started to come close to it.

The only thing i'm worried about now is if it isn't a good game. Still, I can hang onto my product code and sell it if the reviews are rubbish ;)

Edit - in regards to far cry 3 it still is a stunning game. At least the box art on the back showing the graphics matches the actual game lol
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Agree to be fair. The wonderful thing about PC is that games (not all) can be modded to increase the graphics quality and this 2012 and now footage doesn't look all that different to me.

Look at the initial concept footage for crysis. The final game didn't look like it even on a high end nuclear system lol. However with Mods it started to come close to it.

The only thing i'm worried about now is if it isn't a good game. Still, I can hang onto my product code and sell it if the reviews are rubbish ;)

Edit - in regards to far cry 3 it still is a stunning game. At least the box art on the back showing the graphics matches the actual game lol

Yeah stunning on a GTX780Ti ;-) It's alright for some :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah stunning on a GTX780Ti ;-) It's alright for some :D

Lol - I had to sell the dual GPUs to cover it or the misses would be using my nuts as maracas!
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol - I had to sell the dual GPUs to cover it or the misses would be using my nuts as maracas!

awesome bit of kit tho mate. Ive been watching vids on YT of gamer's using a 780Ti. I'm trying to upgrade to a GTX770, that's as far as I can go for now.

for those interested in the size of the map in WD...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a573236/watch-dogs-how-big-is-the-games-chicago-city-map.html#~oFaOuGd8wkdUsf
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awesome bit of kit tho mate. Ive been watching vids on YT of gamer's using a 780Ti. I'm trying to upgrade to a GTX770, that's as far as I can go for now.

for those interested in the size of the map in WD...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a573236/watch-dogs-how-big-is-the-games-chicago-city-map.html#~oFaOuGd8wkdUsf

Sell you GTX760 first to put towards it ;)

It's the only way I got away with half the stuff I buy!
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on twitter saying their pre-order came today. Made me wish I'd pre-ordered it myself. Was talking about this with a mate yesterday, we don't get why Tuesday is a release date. Surely makes more sense to release it on a Friday so more people will want to get it to play over the bank holiday.
  • barneybbarneyb Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I received my pre-order in the post today ( from GameCollection....I only ordered it on Tuesday ! ).....but can't play it yet cos I'm out all day !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 2 hours of walktrhough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7-FHhUeQo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    what does the 60 minutes exclusive game play mean on the advert ?
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    what does the 60 minutes exclusive game play mean on the advert ?
    There are a couple of missions only available for the PS3 and PS4 which should take about 60 mins to complete.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Conroy wrote: »
    There are a couple of missions only available for the PS3 and PS4 which should take about 60 mins to complete.

ahhh i see. thanks :)
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member

Just out of interest, what CPU have you paired it with? I'm running a 680GTX Sig 2 and 2600k and I've been working away for May and I might be up for a silly self-prezzie when I return:D I've read loads of good things about the card, I just don't want it to bottleneck my CPU (2600k is stock atm.)

Back to WD, sigh, everytime I decide no way am I buying this crappy game I read something good or see a clip that looks great. I've never in all my years as a gamer been so on the fence!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what CPU have you paired it with? I'm running a 680GTX Sig 2 and 2600k and I've been working away for May and I might be up for a silly self-prezzie when I return:D I've read loads of good things about the card, I just don't want it to bottleneck my CPU (2600k is stock atm.)

Back to WD, sigh, everytime I decide no way am I buying this crappy game I read something good or see a clip that looks great. I've never in all my years as a gamer been so on the fence!

I've got this card with 4770k.

However your processor exceeds the min reqs: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
    Recommended is: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz
    Forum Member
    I was thinking more a general bottleneck than Watch Dogs. It's already been reported that the game only uses around 2.7 GB ram whilst running (6GB lulz) so I'm not paying too much attention to the requirements. 780ti is a beast without doubt tho :) I was hoping to SLI my 680 but sig 2's are hard to find now :/ I've got another week before I'm back though. I'm going to see if I can resist!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for review embargoes. Ubi games always seem to be leaked early and easily. UPlay working like a charm.
    Forum Member

Vehicle pop in is really close :(

Needs some Nvidia love, game doesn't look good enough to have stutters/slowdown on a Titan!
  • Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im streaming if anyone is bored.
    http://www.twitch.tv/twizzlebizzle21