Options

The Fall and Rise of Chanel 5 Big Brother

2»

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I found BB13 better than BB14 - or any civilian BB since BB9 for that matter. But yes, each to their own.
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Last years BB was it's high and this series has ruined it again.

FWIW, I intensely disliked last year's show - with all the constant tensions and fighting - so much that I stopped watching it about a month from the end. Whereas I am loving this year's series.

But that's the nature of the show. The housemates are always totally different each year and each series plays out with its own flavour. Different series will appeal to different viewers in different ways.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of Emma so I'm happy she took on the role as main presenter. But this series has really ruined BB for me :( the fact that the majority of housemates, in the most recent series, are models or already have an aspect of 'fame' shall we say before entering is annoying. I want the unique, everyday auditioned housemates they used to get!

Plus, the way BB now manipulates the audience with editing/twists to get the housemate they want out, out! The Kimberly/Ashleigh/Danielle decision comes to mind >:( and putting Toya and Ashleigh up for eviction when in power. If they're going to do twists like that then take note of BB6 for example, the 'BB will tell you two lies' which affected the whole house not just one housemate.

Sadly channel 5's owner wants merely media friendly hms.:(

I honestly don't think I've ever disliked the group of selected hms so much. And with that the series seems to favour the dislikable ones the most?:confused: They're out of touch with their audience.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree that CBB9 was the moment Ch5 really put its individual stamp on BB and as others said, CBB9 started a great stretch of series.

Just a shame about BB15, I have maintained interest but after BB14 and CBB13, it's been a come down. But ratings and quality wise together, was CBB13 a fluke I wonder? Everything just happened to occur at the perfect moment and the ratings reflected the series quality. It will probably be difficult to try and match it with CBB14 and CBB15 in January.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    The show is absolute crap and I don't understand how anyone can be proud of this trash.

I agree. The only turn since the move to C5 has been for the worse.