Ash climbs into bed with Helen

griffin5779griffin5779 Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭
is it just me or did Ash go to great length to continue sharing a bed with Helen...while trying to make it seem like she was one crawling into bed with him?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it just me or did Ash go to great length to continue sharing a bed with Helen...while trying to make it seem like she was one crawling into bed with him?

No it wasn't just you, he didn't seem at all happy that she'd moved into a bed of her own was he.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Helen has made him do some of the running for it.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I was wondering about that. I wondered why HE was kicking HER out. It's been said several times this week because they know there will be a spare bed after the eviction. I get why they might want to separate but why is it HIS bed that she is being kicked out of.
  • cool foolcool fool Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he LIKES her and has been following her rubbish about friends only. Just the same as she likes him.
  • griffin5779griffin5779 Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he mentioned it in the diary room..he he told her it was ok if she wanted to come for a cuddle...

The whole thing felt like "Mommy do you want me to sleep with you tonight so the monsters don't get you"
  • guenevereguenevere Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great OP. This seemed like a territorial power struggle. Interesting that Ash invited Helen to come back into his bed and she initially refused, also mentioning that he could sleep in hers. He held his line with confident charm, holding the bedclothes enticingly open. Eventually she abandoned her bed and got into his. Although he seemed to have the upper hand, Ash had needed to invite her in, so perhaps Helen is winning the power struggle. Hmmm .... :kitty:
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was totally a power struggle. I was sooooooo with Helen and shouted Noooooo at the telly when she caved.

I've gone off him again now because he's the one who led the whole Helens moving beds. I think he expected her to ask to stay.

He wanted her in his bed but wanted her to come over to him. Hence all the "it's fine you can come in, I've made room for you" not once did he say "I want you here"

I wish she'd not given in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    He wanted her in his bed but wanted her to come over to him. Hence all the "it's fine you can come in, I've made room for you" not once did he say "I want you here"

Maybe that was just caveman bluster in front of the other boys, a Neanderthal way of saying that he wanted her there (I hope). Ash had looked borderline disconcerted as she wandered off and went to her own bed.

"I've made room for you" = almost a David Attenborough wildlife moment, as though he was displaying his prepared bed as her natural habitat. After she trotted into to his bed, her secret grin suggested that she knew all along he'd be missing her..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was totally a power struggle. I was sooooooo with Helen and shouted Noooooo at the telly when she caved.

I've gone off him again now because he's the one who led the whole Helens moving beds. I think he expected her to ask to stay.

I too was hoping she wouldn't 'cave in' as I thought Ash was playing up to be a 'lad' in front of his soon to be fellow flatmate. It seemed they were both laughing at Helen and the bloody fool gave in and got into bed with him >:( Oh Helen will you never learn about the bad boys????
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (sorry, off topic)
  • bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    No it wasn't just you, he didn't seem at all happy that she'd moved into a bed of her own was he.

he's been told he's boring and Now his "human shield " for the finals is cutting him loose.

He's terrified that he'll be out next week. LOL big baby
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE these two together! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a "mates" fail - more than just friends
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Lmao it was hilarious to see him trying to play it cool like he wasn't arsed where she stayed and how she could come to his bed if she felt like and THEN trying to laugh it off with Winston in the annoying laddish way, pathetic.
    I was hoping she wouldn't go over there but it's clear she likes him a lot more than he values her.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually think it was her idea to move beds. She first mentioned it couple of days ago - when the next person is evicted, she'll move into her own bed. I think this is Helen not wanting to come across as too eager to share a bed with Ash, even though secretly she does (and he does too!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wholove wrote: »
    it's clear she likes him a lot more than he values her.
    I'm not sure - he was looking quite vulnerable when she mooched off to her own bed. As the OP says, he went to some lengths to persuade her back into his bed, admittedly in a Neanderthal way, but perhaps he was embarrassed to let his guard down in front of the lads. He does flash her some caring looks and they seem comfortable together. I hope that the affection is equal. -
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tedious dullard also wants to ensure he's getting adequate camera-time now that he knows the majority of the viewers think he's a forgettable bore. And what better way to ensure that than a grotty fumble under the sheets since this normally seems to have the producers frothing at the mouth to include in the HLs show even though, quite frankly, it's hideously boring to watch.
  • Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering about that. I wondered why HE was kicking HER out. It's been said several times this week because they know there will be a spare bed after the eviction. I get why they might want to separate but why is it HIS bed that she is being kicked out of.

Did I miss something? I thought I'd heard Helen say she would leave his bed and go to the empty bed after the next eviction. :confused:
  • Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are try to stay relevant hence the "blowies" comment and bed situation (contrived). They know they are being overshadowed by the mark/christopher relationship and ashleigh/chris/pav dynamics. Ash comes off as a jerk and Helen comes off as weak which is probably what she is going for (more sympathy cards). Helen is still more entertaining than Ash who just seems like a jerk.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the thread title meant that Ash moved to Helen' s "new" bed. But you meant he persuaded her to return to the one they had been sharing. Why not say that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Helen always spoke about it I got the impression that the idea of her moving had come from Ash not her.

Could be wrong but when she said "maybe I should move beds" the emphasis was on should, it wasn't an idea that had popped into her head, it was something that had been discussed and she's part dismissed until that point and at that point she re evaluated.

Ash had said it so matter of factly in the DR that she was going but he'd let her back in if she wanted. Whereas Helen always seemed unsure like she was asking Ash if she was moving.

Both the above lead me to believe that it was never initially Helen's idea to move beds and it had been something Ash must have mentioned prior.

Of course I could be wrong and she suggested it and he agreed which surprised her and she had to save face and go along with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Helen always spoke about it I got the impression that the idea of her moving had come from Ash not her.

Could be wrong but when she said "maybe I should move beds" the emphasis was on should, it wasn't an idea that had popped into her head, it was something that had been discussed and she's part dismissed until that point and at that point she re evaluated.

Ash had said it so matter of factly in the DR that she was going but he'd let her back in if she wanted. Whereas Helen always seemed unsure like she was asking Ash if she was moving.

Both the above lead me to believe that it was never initially Helen's idea to move beds and it had been something Ash must have mentioned prior.

Of course I could be wrong and she suggested it and he agreed which surprised her and she had to save face and go along with it.

It stemmed from when they were talking about it in the kitchen, Ash said hey we can all have a bed each after the next eviction (not looking at Helen) and Helen said wtte of she could have her own bed (looking at Ash). She's been saying this week that he's gone cold on her, so I guess she thought it was better to move beds anyway. His reaction as soon as she got into her new bed was quite telling, but I can't make up my mind whether he wants her back in his bed for the "comfort" factor, or whether he actually does like her. Or it could just be that he's afraid he'll have to do his own washing and cooking maybe, after all his Mum does it all for him at home, and he is a lazy sod in the BB house.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only housemate who will be climbing into bed is Kimberly because Steven got bagsy on the top bunk and took away the ladder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    It stemmed from when they were talking about it in the kitchen, Ash said hey we can all have a bed each after the next eviction (not looking at Helen) and Helen said wtte of she could have her own bed (looking at Ash). She's been saying this week that he's gone cold on her, so I guess she thought it was better to move beds anyway. His reaction as soon as she got into her new bed was quite telling, but I can't make up my mind whether he wants her back in his bed for the "comfort" factor, or whether he actually does like her. Or it could just be that he's afraid he'll have to do his own washing and cooking maybe, after all his Mum does it all for him at home, and he is a lazy sod in the BB house.

Thanks for that! I could just tell from the way Helen spoke about it that it wasn't her choice.

I have definitely gone off Ash. The constant "I'm a lad" chatter shows there are no honourable intentions. He's almost making sure we know, but I find it more annoying that he says "I'm a lad" than "I just don't like her That way" because the former implies that he could like her but "hey he's a lad so he can't be tied down, there's other **** buckets to get with out of here."

If this is how he feels I wish he'd stop kissing her as they have a really great friendship.

People say Mark used Christopher as a toy to pick up and put down. IMO that's deffo whatAsh does with Helen. I can actually imagine him going out with Winston and calling up Helen for "a chat" if he doesn't pull.
  • big_ermbig_erm Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash gives the big front he's not bothered when really he is...

Diary room chat - were just mates she will have her own bed tonight.
    Talking at the pool with Pav - were just mates although revealing they kissed last night - for 2 people that arent that close anymore - Wednesday night tent action looked pretty damn close n Ash saying they kissed Thursday night ..
    Talking in kitchen - saying Helen will have her own bed tonight .. she can come for cuddle any time if SHE wants - making out it will be her wanting then not him
    Bedroom - Helen gets into spare bed ... and he keeps asking her to come back to his bed .. and when she does .. he says im sorry .. Its him that wants the cuddles etc but hes trying to come a cross as the macho man that hes not arsed but really he is

I dont think Ash thought Helen would ever leave their bed .. hes not used to that kind of rejection .. he wanted Helen to get in their bed as usual and him say - what you doing here BUT it didnt work .. if Helen was just a mate he would of left her to sleep in another bed ..