Options

2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It strikes me as more likely that Carol will be announced if it's one of those two.

Paul has a 'valid' reason for appearing in that he's got 'Bake Off' to promote, whereas what reason would they have for Carol being on?

I'd like to be wrong, but I think it's more likely that Carol will be competing.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I doubt we'll get an announcement on The One Show tonight, surely they'd have made reference to it rather than just dropping it out at the end?
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    It strikes me as more likely that Carol will be announced if it's one of those two.

Paul has a 'valid' reason for appearing in that he's got 'Bake Off' to promote, whereas what reason would they have for Carol being on?

I'd like to be wrong, but I think it's more likely that Carol will be competing.

She has been at one of Chris' Carfest events on BBC Breakfast this morning.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's Paul then surely not him AND Gregg in the same series?

That's why I want Paul.

I would rather watch a sexy Paul Tango than a urrmmm...... sexy Gregg Tango. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    She has been at one of Chris' Carfest events on BBC Breakfast this morning.

I wasn't aware of that. Blows my theory out of the water. :D
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that. Blows my theory out of the water. :D

Not necessarily, if anything it's a good cover ;-)
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... although do they usually have that many guests on The One Show? Three seems a little odd.

It's because they're at Car Fest tonight - James Martin is always involved in it and Carol was presenting from there this morning. Paul usually has something to do with Chris Evans' CiN events, so he's probably there for that.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott has just announced that she's signed up with new agent Jonathan Shallit

he's Simon Cowell's pal and most of his clients are on ITV shows

further support for my view that Pixie is unlikely to join scd this year ;-)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »
    Pixie Lott has just announced that she's signed up

Oh...
    with new agent Jonathan Shallit

...oh.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh...

...oh.

My response exactly! :p
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott has just announced that she's signed up with new agent Jonathan Shallit

he's Simon Cowell's pal and most of his clients are on ITV shows

further support for my view that Pixie is unlikely to join scd this year ;-)

Well the Roar Global agency he is chairman of and she is now under also manage Mark Wright and Gregg Wallace and Denise Van Outen too so make of that what you will.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the Roar Global agency he is chairman of and she is now under also manage Mark Wright and Gregg Wallace and Denise Van Outen too so make of that what you will.

I think agents will do what's best for their clients! If Pixie had signed for Syco then fair enough, but for someone who just happens to be in business with Cowell? Nothing to stop Pixie joining SCD, be it this season or any other.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt we'll be getting another name today - we'd have certainly heard by now if anyone was being announced on The One Show tonight.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Suspect this is why we don't get weather bods on SCD, shame really as I suspect one or two of the lads might be natty movers!

Indeed.

Tomasz Schafernacker and Alex Beresford could both be potentially good Strictly signings.

Well both would be fine by me; I'm greedy!;-)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    I doubt we'll be getting another name today - we'd have certainly heard by now if anyone was being announced on The One Show tonight.

Unless Chris Evans is doing it? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pixie is one of his few Music clients while Mark, Gregg + DVO are under Broadcasting and managed by other agents in Roar

also DVO was originally a Cole Kitchenn client which Roar took over

and isn't everyone still waiting for Mark and Gregg to be announced? :kitty:
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money is on Paul doing it now his personal life is no longer ruined, hopefully would quash any more Gregg Wallace rumours as I have sadly been in his presence at a bar, a first class t*t!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I think agents will do what's best for their clients! If Pixie had signed for Syco then fair enough, but for someone who just happens to be in business with Cowell? Nothing to stop Pixie joining SCD, be it this season or any other.

Jonathan doesn't "just happen to be in business with Cowell"

they're great pals who even go on holiday together with their partners

and if you check up on his Music clients most of them have originated from or have starred in XF/BGT ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jonathan doesn't "just happen to be in business with Cowell"

they're great pals who even go on hol together with their partners

and if you check up on his Music clients most of them have originated from or have starred in XF/BGT ;-)

But business is business and if he can get a client as paid, profile boosting stint on a reality show, why wouldn't he?

He's not exclusively affiliated with the Syco brand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But business is business and if he can get a client as paid, profile boosting stint on a reality show, why wouldn't he?

He's not exclusively affiliated with the Syco brand.

because his Music clients/speciality is Urban Music and it would hurt their street cred if they appeared in a show like scd *rolleyes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    because his Music clients/speciality is Urban Music and it would hurt their street cred if they appeared in a show like scd *rolleyes*

Feel the power of your righteous rolleyes!

I'll say it again- this Pixie Lott we're talking about. The same "street cred" that has seen her as a semi frequent guest on It Takes Two and a bit part in George Gentley. Her record sales are in the toilet, absolutely, shockingly low. If she a) wants to do Strictly and b) thinks it would be advantageous to her career, there is an incredibly high chance she'll be on- that's if there's room for her in the line-up. In no universe is she bigger than the show.

EDIT-

You mention urban music. You think Pixie Lott is urban music?! She's not even as urban as Alesha Dixon and she won the friggin' thing.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »

Not necessarily - nobody was aware that there was going to be an announcement on This Morning before Alison was revealed.

Let's face it, they're announcing names in so many random ways this year that absolutely anything can happen. I regularly look up to the skies just in case a celebrity is revealed by fly-past!!!:D:D:D
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Unless Chris Evans is doing it? :o

Possible - we've never had cousins competing against each other have we?:o
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they cared about their street cred I doubt they would have signed Pixie flopping Lott in the first place.

EDIT: I meant to say flipping but flopping seems quite fitting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to the possibility that Paul or Carol could be announced on The One Show tonight, and they did announce three women first before announcing two men, so Paul could possibly be the third male. You would have thought that they'd have mentioned announcing a celebrity tonight though, but it sounds like Alison was a surprise on This Morning.

I did also read that he was signed up to do last year's series, but pulled out because of family reasons/money depending on which paper you believe.

I suppose I'm just trying to give myself hope at this point!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel the power of your righteous rolleyes!

I'll say it again- this Pixie Lott we're talking about. The same "street cred" that has seen her as a semi frequent guest on It Takes Two and a bit part in George Gentley. Her record sales are in the toilet, absolutely, shockingly low. If she a) wants to do Strictly and b) thinks it would be advantageous to her career, there is an incredibly high chance she'll be on- that's if there's room for her in the line-up. In no universe is she bigger than the show.

EDIT-

You mention urban music. You think Pixie Lott is urban music?! She's not even as urban as Alesha Dixon and she won the friggin' thing.

lol you obviously don't know what urban music is nor what Pixie's music is :D

and all those appearances on itt and george gentley you mentioned don't seem to have helped her music career so far have they?

I'll leave you to wallow in your (self righteous) ignorance ;-)