World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    So what does everyone think should happen/want to see with Brock/Cena at night if champions?

Another complete squash match? More of a fight with a Brock Win? A Cena win?

Personally I'd like more of a fight but Brock still winning clean.

Personally, id prefer Cena to win because basically I like him there and I prefer the world champion to be on TV.

However, I'm torn because I place a lot of value on The Streak and the person that defeated it simply because they have. I don't want to see Brock to lose yet (part of the reason I wasn't crazy about him winning the title). So in respect of the streak, which will be for nothing if Lesnar loses now, Lesnar should win in more of a fight but win clean also.
    Forum Member
    Okay, here's the thing Holly: WWE controls it's own output. It doesn't have complete control of co-productions. Hence, co-productions, dual input. E! controls the content on their channel and executive produce the content on their channels. So, when they have a financial interest and the overriding broadcasting license as both co-producers and exclusive broadcasters they have a greater say in the content of both the program and what of it airs on their channel.

So, it makes perfect sense if you understand the nature of television production, the difference between investing in and licensing content, the divide between sole production and co-production and that if WWE had sole production rule over Total Divas, it wouldn't be edited like Keeping Up With The Kardashians and I think we'd have avoided Nikki's boxes of sex toys, Cameron's sexual problems and Naomi being bullied by her Uso boyfriend, let alone Natalya basically admitting she's a dead fish in bed with an overbearing beggar of a dad.

I'm not quite sure why you aren't understanding what I'm saying. Whether it is real or not, their top face star is still looking like a douchebag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure why you aren't understanding what I'm saying. Whether it is real or not, their top face star is still looking like a douchebag.

And E! has less reason to care because they aren't WWE, they are simply providing a vehicle on their own network for some WWE talent as co-producers and broadcasters. WWE produced High Heels On Wheels, that was their chosen vehicle initially when they announced the Network to begin with but E shot that down and made Total Divas instead.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think following how well received Steph was in her match with Brie, she may be open to more in the future. I understand why they went with Brie, natural progression, but an AJ feud could be gold both on mic and I'm sure Steph and AJ could put on a better match too. They've kind of teased it in the past during the AJ/Kaitlyn feud too.

Yeah, I think she would be tempted to do something at Mania and AJ is the best bet by far. They could even allude to the Punk situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Declan, can you really not see that your two comments have completely contradicted each other?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Declan, can you really not see that your two comments have completely contradicted each other?

That a licensed subsidised product via a third party broadcaster has more freedom of content production than a solely funded and exclusively produced and distributed product may vary in content to something exclusively produced, licensed and distributed?

Go watch Apocalypse Now and then watch Hearts of Darkness. Go watch Fitzcarraldo and then Burden Of Dreams.

Here's the thing folks: entertainment and the documentation of the progression of the entertainment as a separate document.... NOT NEW.

DVD extras are not the same as in film content.

I would rather you elaborate on your perceived divisions than patronise me as if I have no concept of how products for entertainment are produced. I am aware editing is based on perceived relevance to the audience. Did you hear about Cameron's alleged endometriosis on WWE RAW?

No.

WWE's Total Divas audience has more in common with Real Housewives... and Keeping Up With The Kardashians than with Smackdown. It is what it is.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, id prefer Cena to win because basically I like him there and I prefer the world champion to be on TV.

However, I'm torn because I place a lot of value on The Streak and the person that defeated it simply because they have. I don't want to see Brock to lose yet (part of the reason I wasn't crazy about him winning the title). So in respect of the streak, which will be for nothing if Lesnar loses now, Lesnar should win in more of a fight but win clean also.

That's pretty much my reasoning too. Lesnar broke the streak. To me, as a life long Taker fan, that's bigger than winning the title. So in my mind he's the only person who should have the title right now.

I also think whoever takes it from him should be something pretty special. If build correctly it should make whoever takes the title from him a superstar.

Cena doesn't need that push. He doesn't need to be made. He's already the companies top money maker.
    Forum Member
    I would rather you elaborate on your perceived divisions than patronise me as if I have no concept of how products for entertainment are produced. I am aware editing is based on perceived relevance to the audience. Did you hear about Cameron's alleged endometriosis on WWE RAW?

No.

WWE's Total Divas audience has more in common with Real Housewives... and Keeping Up With The Kardashians than with Smackdown. It is what it is.

You are contradicting yourself and being quite patronising/condescending yourself. The first post you made about said it was real because WWE wouldn't kayfabe it because it makes their top face star look like a douchebag but now you're saying it's E!'s decision to do it and WWE are allowing E! to make their top face star look like a douchebag.
    Forum Member
    That's pretty much my reasoning too. Lesnar broke the streak. To me, as a life long Taker fan, that's bigger than winning the title. So in my mind he's the only person who should have the title right now.

I also think whoever takes it from him should be something pretty special. If build correctly it should make whoever takes the title from him a superstar.

Cena doesn't need that push. He doesn't need to be made. He's already the companies top money maker.

I think part of the problem with anybody ending the streak is they are pretty much impossible to book without countless wins. Whoever defeats Brock should be made for life in WWE, and I would agree that Cena shouldn't be the one to get the first win over him but at the same time, I really don't want a champion that appears on live TV once a month before a PPV. You can't book a storyline in those circumstances IMO.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think part of the problem with anybody ending the streak is they are pretty much impossible to book without countless wins. Whoever defeats Brock should be made for life in WWE, and I would agree that Cena shouldn't be the one to get the first win over him but at the same time, I really don't want a champion that appears on live TV once a month before a PPV. You can't book a storyline in those circumstances IMO.

Exactly. But I think he'll have the title until at least WM when hopefully with decent booking he will drop the title to the next superstar.

I hope it's not Daniel Brian. He doesn't need it.

I have a feeling it will be one of the ex shield members. A few months back I would have shoved Bray Wyatt into that 'maybe' group too. But not any more.

I just hope the writers don't go with an already established star. Would be a complete and utter waste of everything they've done with Brock so far.
    Although I actually thing Paul Haymen is the star of that due. Nobody better on the mic than Haymen.

But I do hope Night Of Champions is not just another squash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are contradicting yourself and being quite patronising/condescending yourself. The first post you made about said it was real because WWE wouldn't kayfabe it because it makes their top face star look like a douchebag but now you're saying it's E!'s decision to do it and WWE are allowing E! to make their top face star look like a douchebag.

Yep, exactly this. No amount of long paragraphs with tenuously shoe horned pop culture references and smart arse-ery can get round that.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That a licensed subsidised product via a third party broadcaster has more freedom of content production than a solely funded and exclusively produced and distributed product may vary in content to something exclusively produced, licensed and distributed?

Go watch Apocalypse Now and then watch Hearts of Darkness. Go watch Fitzcarraldo and then Burden Of Dreams.

Here's the thing folks: entertainment and the documentation of the progression of the entertainment as a separate document.... NOT NEW.

DVD extras are not the same as in film content.

No.

You're making a tit of yourself.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what does everyone think should happen/want to see with Brock/Cena at night if champions?

I'd like to see them have an actual match this time rather than another squash match.I don't mind if Brock wins again.
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cena should start the match on fire, pounding Lesnar in the early going...only for Lesnar to get mad and completely obliterate Cena again and win.

Cena should then go off TV, and come back in a month or two looking different - a darker character, less fruity pebbles, more "Ruthless Aggression" without all the corny aspects to his character.

If Cena was even slightly repackaged it would add some longevity to him.

I don't think Lesnar should lose to anyone until someone really emerges as a credible threat - I'd honestly be happy for him to hold the belt for longer than Punk did.

Is the 'next guy' really the very one dimensional Roman Reigns? Not in my opinion, at least not yet. Plus, don't forget - Lesnar could turn face down the line and not really have to change too much at all....
    Forum Member
    jrmich9 wrote: »
    Cena should start the match on fire, pounding Lesnar in the early going...only for Lesnar to get mad and completely obliterate Cena again and win.

Cena should then go off TV, and come back in a month or two looking different - a darker character, less fruity pebbles, more "Ruthless Aggression" without all the corny aspects to his character.

If Cena was even slightly repackaged it would add some longevity to him.

I don't think Lesnar should lose to anyone until someone really emerges as a credible threat - I'd honestly be happy for him to hold the belt for longer than Punk did.

Is the 'next guy' really the very one dimensional Roman Reigns? Not in my opinion, at least not yet. Plus, don't forget - Lesnar could turn face down the line and not really have to change too much at all....

I think they won't remove him due to Bryan not being there. If Bryan was there, absolutely take him off TV for two months but there isn't anybody on the level of Cena or Bryan. And I agree about repackaging Cena because he does need it.

On Reigns, I agree he isn't the next guy YET. I've been saying for a while (I think it was around the time Shield went solo) that Reigns has the potential to be the next Cena in the way fans will turn on him. He is quite one dimensional, it's all Superman Punch, Spear, Kick to the apron and to be honest, not much in between. I do love him, and the three Shield members should be the breakout stars of the 10's, but I have cooled off on him.

Can he be the next top guy, I absolutely believe he can but his time is not now. Following his Summerslam match (which I think Orton pretty much carried), he's not worthy of a Triple H feud who has been thrown around before as a certainty, let alone a world title run in the here and now.

Maybe by Mania 31, he will be ready for that run but I hope it's done naturally and it's not just done because A) they force feed us with him or B) they get booked into a very difficult corner by the fans as they were Rumble onwards where nothing other than him will be accepted.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cena will win with taker interference i reckon, only credible way to have lesnar lose title so soon i think

the end of raw was embarassing i felt, cena smashing everyone is poor enough but to feed the wyatts to him was very dissapointing. bray has never recovered from cenas burial, he gets a good win over y2j and then they do this straight away, bad booking.

reigns at least had some freshness with starting of a fued we actually wanna see. i hope ambrose isnt off tv for too long.

as for total divas its terrible, i miss the days of kayfabe. i think it was in early 2000s when raw started showing promos of heels doing public appearances and that was a dark day :(
    Forum Member
    Little bit of news, and it's not good.

Both Daniel Bryan and Bad News Barrett have been pulled from the Europe tour
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all my fellow Paige lovers, enjoy

She is gorgeous (and looks a bit like Charli XCX in a few of those)
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats me out of the uk tour. Cant have absentees of Jericho, Lesnar, Bryan, Barrett, and Sting.

That sucks.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awesome. ;-)

Thanks AgeOfTheGeek. :)

Also here's a video of the Paige photo shoot on the official WWE YouTube channel.
    Forum Member
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Thats me out of the uk tour. Cant have absentees of Jericho, Lesnar, Bryan, Barrett, and Sting.

That sucks.

Well Jericho and Sting are understandable as they aren't (or in the case of Jericho won't be) signed to talent deals. They can't make Lesnar appear on US TV so there's pretty much no chance they will get him on the Europe tour although it would be a good surprise for the Raw taping.

Bryan and Barrett however is just stupidity to not have. I get the impression that just Batista's return, they've been announced ahead of schedule so they've pulled the advertising. There's no reason why both can't be there, especially with what is happening the month prior.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea how they're going to produce 40 episodes of The Monday Night War.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member

Mmmmmm nothing like a set of pics of my love Paige doing her thang;-).

Couldnt agree with you more AOTG I have no idea who Charli XCX is but I would say that Paige looks slightly like Maria Kanelis.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Awesome. ;-)

Thanks AgeOfTheGeek. :)

Also here's a video of the Paige photo shoot on the official WWE YouTube channel.

Yeah more Paige today must be my lucky day lol. Wow I know I say this but Paige has such a nice bum plus a cracking pair of thighs;-).
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Ryback is out for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAOMnTDwQw&feature=youtu.be

He cut a great promo there...maybe it was the anesthetic!
This discussion has been closed.