Options

James Jordan- Will you miss him ?

Comments

• Options
    VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what Tim would call a bargain!

Yep, cheap as inexpensive fried potatoes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`m glad he`s gone he was a right cocky arrogant sod and his views on the two female hosts and other male dancers and same sex dancing partners clearly show what his true colours really are.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    I`m glad he`s gone he was a right cocky arrogant sod and his views on the two female hosts and other male dancers and same sex dancing partners clearly show what his true colours really are.

The absolute arrogance of the man. I'm so glad they sacked his sorry outdated flabby ar*e.>:(
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »

hes a right to an opinion just as the thousands who opinionate everyday on this forum do. i cant stand 2 female presenters and cw is far from popular in this house, thankfully i can ffw whenever she starts gurning on.

their not robots just their to dance, they can stick up for their partners infront of the judges and they are allowed a personality. Not saying james is perfect, hell who is, but id rather watch him than 3 cheshire cat dancers just grinning at the judges to whatever they say :)
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I always looked forward to seeing James dance...so yes I will miss him.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    Yes.

The show's full of pantomime characters.
    Perhaps as they have already got the "pantomime villain" in CRH, maybe another was considered too many (and he couldn't stand the competition), so James had to go.
    I like a bit of spontaneous controversy, makes a change from all the rehearsed stuff.
    Cody1 wrote: »
    yes i will miss him. yes he had a gob on him but at least he had personality and i always enjoyed watching him dance. you need personalities on the show be them good or abit of a bad boy. Love watching him dance with ola too.

I agree with these two posts, I will miss James as he was my second favourite pro dancer and I always looked forward to his dances .....still think that Strictly is the best show on television though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    'Take out some fit bird, take her home and smash her back doors in.' What a repellent way to talk about women. I ****ing loathe the scumbag ****er. He's basically trading in having a career based on talent for a career as a rent-a-troll Katie Hopkins type.

I really like Steve and I'm sad that he's been partnered with Ola this year. I don't want a nice, respectful, interesting, intelligent man like him tainted by association. I seriously hope Ola sees the light and runs off with him, spending the rest of her life Samba-ing through rainforests and deserts and having fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and he's homophobic, sexist and racist too.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and he's homophobic, sexist and racist too.

When? I've never seen or heard him be any of those things on this show. He's arrogant and abrasive, and his manner is sometimes wanting, but half the people he works with are gay, another large cross-section are women, and in the few years I've watched I can't recall a single instance of racism. Wouldn't we have noticed before the BB house? Or wouldn't his co-workers have realised? :o

I know there's BB going on and there is a lot being slung at the guy, but when has he ever shown himself to be all those -ists? or the -ic?

He's flawed, as we all are, but I don't recognise James in many of the descriptions I'm reading.

I'll describe him as I see him at his worst. He's a bad-tempered, hasty and unforgiving kind of bloke. He can be sour. He can be small-minded. His sense of humour is cracked. Crap choreographer. Does he smoke? I hate cigarette smoke... :( Bit of an idiot.

And at his best? He's fiercely loyal, funny with his cracked sense of humour, courageous, a good dancer, a good teacher. He has energy and character and I do not doubt he is capable of kindness. Good to camera. He sticks to his guns. He's his own worst enemy.

I like his good qualities more than I dislike his bad. But the mix is just James
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss him like I'd miss a urine infection.

For the first few weeks, I'll be acutely aware that something that was causing me major irritation has gone. This will give me a fair amount of happiness.

As the weeks pass, this awareness will fade as will the memory of the extent of the irritation. I will probably still get occasional flashes of "Isn't it nice to be rid of that irritant? That was rather unpleasant."

By the end of the series, the only relevance the irritation will have is a vague sense of never wanting to experience it again.

Just in case it isn't clear, I wasn't really a fan.
  • Options
    KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, shan't miss him at all. A beautiful dancer, but an odious, rude and sad little man.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    No, shan't miss him at all. A beautiful dancer, but an odious, rude and sad little man.

Hang on, I think you're getting a bit carried away there, we've no idea what he's like away from the cameras. This is a "Show!" and he added a bit of colour to it.
    A lot of the others are a bit bland.
    There's definitely a "pecking order" and he rather upset this.
    I like a bit of controversy on this show. Quite frankly, after so many seasons and changes, many not for the better, I find it's now only worth recording, so I can skip through a lot of the boring bits and the posturing and posing of the "favoured few."

Err, you could never call him "little," compared with the other dancers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Take out some fit bird, take her home and smash her back doors in.' What a repellent way to talk about women. I ****ing loathe the scumbag ****er. He's basically trading in having a career based on talent for a career as a rent-a-troll Katie Hopkins type.

He said that?! Urgh, vile toad. He made a childish sexual joke involving Ola on Twitter once, which pretty much gives you the measure of him.

I like your point about him channelling Katie Hopkins - same thought occurred to me too.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will miss him a little.

I was almost tempted to watch Big Brother when I heard he was in it - but I gave it up a few seasons back when it became too much of a fix (before the shift to Five).

I was a little disappointed to hear that he hasn't come over well on BB. I liked his slightly camp, slightly bitchy attitude on Strictly, and he was one of my favourite pros.

I tend to get on well with slightly 'difficult' people - so I'm drawn to folk like James, and Craig.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall miss him as a pro dancer, also miss him partnering Ola they always looked lovely together and I always admired the way he defended his partners from unfair criticism. What happened in CBB has no bearing on any of that to me. So yes I will miss him.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I will miss James, great Dancer, great Pro & great Mentor for his Celeb Partners.

And before anyone ask, yes I watched CBB & supported James from Day one.
    James coming 3rd was fantastic result for him especially with the bad edits he got and the bias views on BOTS and don't get me started on those venomous panel guest who not only attacked his close real life friends but also Ola.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    When? I've never seen or heard him be any of those things on this show. He's arrogant and abrasive, and his manner is sometimes wanting, but half the people he works with are gay, another large cross-section are women, and in the few years I've watched I can't recall a single instance of racism. Wouldn't we have noticed before the BB house? Or wouldn't his co-workers have realised? :o

I know there's BB going on and there is a lot being slung at the guy, but when has he ever shown himself to be all those -ists? or the -ic?

He's flawed, as we all are, but I don't recognise James in many of the descriptions I'm reading.

I'll describe him as I see him at his worst. He's a bad-tempered, hasty and unforgiving kind of bloke. He can be sour. He can be small-minded. His sense of humour is cracked. Crap choreographer. Does he smoke? I hate cigarette smoke... :( Bit of an idiot.

And at his best? He's fiercely loyal, funny with his cracked sense of humour, courageous, a good dancer, a good teacher. He has energy and character and I do not doubt he is capable of kindness. Good to camera. He sticks to his guns. He's his own worst enemy.

I like his good qualities more than I dislike his bad. But the mix is just James

Excellent post Monkey, completely agree, especially with the bib, although I did like his choreography
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Yes I will miss James, great Dancer, great Pro & great Mentor for his Celeb Partners.

And before anyone ask, yes I watched CBB & supported James from Day one.
    James coming 3rd was fantastic result for him especially with the bad edits he got and the bias views on BOTS and don't get me started on those venomous panel guest who not only attacked his close real life friends but also Ola.

agree with this too, I didn't watch CBB but, hopefully, now it's finished all the James related threads will stop and, when Strictly begins, there will be too many other things to talk about :confused:
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrid arrogant man....glad to see the back of him
  • Options
    pennybelpennybel Posts: 5,223
    Forum Member
    Will I miss bully boy James Yes Like a hole in the head .Seems he has been barred from being at the live show says it all really
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Take out some fit bird, take her home and smash her back doors in.' What a repellent way to talk about women. .

Ugh, I wish I could un-see that. Vile.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, I think you're getting a bit carried away there, we've no idea what he's like away from the cameras. This is a "Show!" and he added a bit of colour to it.

I saw a lot more of him on CBB & he constantly said he was being 'real' and would always say it how it was. He was rude, self obsessed & an absolute cringe to watch.
  • Options
    VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like most of the females here dislike James almost as much as they dislike Aliona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like most of the females here dislike James almost as much as they dislike Aliona.

I'm female. I can't stand James and I love Aliona. In fact, there's rarely a celeb I dislike. James is the out-and-out exception.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm female. I can't stand James and I love Aliona. In fact, there's rarely a celeb I dislike. James is the out-and-out exception.

Same here :)
  • Options
    MissT10MissT10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member

Me too, and I think it's a shame, as James does have a lot going for him, viz:
    - he's a great dancer
    - he has a great dancing partnership with Ola
    - bar his first season, he has been a good mentor for a wide range of celebs
    - he deserves a lot of slack for putting up with Dr Pamela slobbering all over him

However:
    - his 'sticking up for his celebs' was always rude, rather than 'rude and constructive' (like Brendan)
    - he always very arrogant, and at times sexist, on ITT and other live interviews (also in print, but one never knows how much of that is the journalist's slant)
    - he shot his mouth off all over social media, not just being rude about the BBC (although sticking it to your employer/possible future employer is rather dim)

I didn't watch BB, and I don't have inside information about what James was/is like behind the scenes or in the pro world.

On balance I won't miss him

IMHO - James has played this rather badly. Given that he saw the 'writing on the wall' the social media stuff has only been in the last couple of years, the two of them could have exited like Camilla, Flavia and Vincent, leaving the door open to Christmas specials and work in other countries. Or if he really wanted to stick it to the Beeb (and he may have good reason, I don't know) people are more likely to listen if he's left of his own accord rather than being 'not wanted on voyage'.

I fear that the poster who speculated that he was setting himself up as a Katie Hopkins figure may well have the right of it. Sadly for James, Katie is intelligent and articulate. to date, James hasn't shown himself to be either.

He may feel that celebrity and money are worth being a figure of ridicule. However, as the late, great Divine found (after the film Pink Flamingos), being famous for eating dog excrement, means that you'll always be famous for that and nothing else.