RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exciting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doe this remind me of the scene in Bridget Jones when the gay guy runs into the restaurant/pub and shouts "It's a fight, a real fight."
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    Why doe this remind me of the scene in Bridget Jones when the gay guy runs into the restaurant/pub and shouts "It's a fight, a real fight."

if you are implying i am trying to stir up trouble, you are wrong :rolleyes:, just think it is strange that the poster started it in the gamers forum, it has turned into a political discussion
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall start a Alex chat there I think
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I am unemployed. The last game that I brought was January 2012 ish. However I find I game more when I am unemployed because it is cheaper (A lot cheaper than going out) . I spend about the same amount of time looking for work as I did working when I did. Every weekday I go to the library apply for jobs, draft answers to assessment questions.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never played a computer game to Gaming is not somewhere I've ever read...........

But I'm not surprised - politics encompasses most things

In my early DS days i spent a lot of time on the BB Forum and all sorts were discussed there - any chance remark by someone on BB would immeditaely see numerous threads about any subject under the sun.............

I'm sure there must be political aspects to the gaming industry and the games themselves

For example, that gun-mad bloke in America blaming video games for the massacres..............I'm sure the chaps (are they all chaps ?.........:o) over in Gaming will be discussing that.........
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I've never played a computer game to Gaming is not somewhere I've ever read...........

But I'm not surprised - politics encompasses most things

In my early DS days i spent a lot of time on the BB Forum and all sorts were discussed there - any chance remark by someone on BB would immeditaely see numerous threads about any subject under the sun.............

I'm sure there must be political aspects to the gaming industry and the games themselves

For example, that gun-mad bloke in America blaming video games for the massacres..............I'm sure the chaps (are they all chaps ?.........:o) over in Gaming will be discussing that.........

I'll pop over and have a look in a mo. I'm a big fan of computer games and love the violent ones. Those sorts of games do seem to be an easy target whenever some real world violence occurs. I guess some right-wingers just can't stop themselves when it comes to deflection. It has to be the fault of games, films, the disabled, the unemployed, and so on, it can never be the fault of the people who actually run things, can it? You know, those centre-right parties that have been running things since the 1970s.

That's over 30 years guys. When are you going to accept some responsibility for the way things have turned out?

Gaming doesn't even need to be an expensive hobby. If you don't want the latest games you can get things second-hand for next to nothing, or do trade-ins for console games or just wait for Steam sales if you're on a PC. You pretty much need a computer of some sort to apply for jobs nowadays, so it's not as if it's an unnecessary expense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I miss video games... I'm at Sixth Form and books are bloody expensive... cost me £11 last week for a classics book plus revision guides (one of which cost £13). Can't even play on my PS3 anymore as I have a brother that hogs the TV watching Cbeebies :o
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I'll pop over and have a look in a mo. I'm a big fan of computer games and love the violent ones. Those sorts of games do seem to be an easy target whenever some real world violence occurs. I guess some right-wingers just can't stop themselves when it comes to deflection. It has to be the fault of games, films, the disabled, the unemployed, and so on, it can never be the fault of the people who actually run things, can it? You know, those centre-right parties that have been running things since the 1970s.

That NRA bloke was going on about banning decadent video games, having everyone walking around with a machine gun and inculcating dollops of old-fashionned religion ............sounds like he wants to re-create Afghanistan in the mid-west

And we all know what a peaceful place Afghanistan has been thses past 200 years..............:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    That NRA bloke was going on about banning decadent video games, having everyone walking around with a machine gun and inculcating dollops of old-fashionned religion ............sounds like he wants to re-create Afghanistan in the mid-west

And we all know what a peaceful place Afghanistan has been thses past 200 years..............:rolleyes:

He also didn't understand American Psycho is a satire
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    He also didn't understand American Psycho is a satire

I know. That was one of the funniest parts of his rather hilarious speech.

American Psycho isn't a new book. All he needed to do is read some of the literary examinations of it to see what it's about as he obviously can't detect satire. I guess if it ain't in the Bible or the instruction manual for a gun he ain't read it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I know. That was one of the funniest parts of his rather hilarious speech.

American Psycho isn't a new book. All he needed to do is read some of the literary examinations of it to see what it's about as he obviously can't detect satire. I guess if it ain't in the Bible or the instruction manual for a gun he ain't read it!

Ironically, his speech could've been satire :D