When does the new world trade center officially open?

Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will you be visiting?
What safety measure are in place?

Comments

• mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well they put a large lamp on top of the building that makes it stand out like a sore thumb for 50 miles so No I would not be visiting the place, safety measures are as before, null and void.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt want to go in that building after what happened there. Apprentely from watching that programme on the re build of the twins towers the work men said they have experienced a presence in that area and seen shadows that just gives me the creeps. I do hope they have proper safety measures for this new building as you cant be to careful these days
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt want to go in that building after what happened there. Apprentely from watching that programme on the re build of the twins towers the work men said they have experienced a presence in that area and seen shadows that just gives me the creeps. I do hope they have proper safety measures for this new building as you cant be to careful these days

I will never understand why they had to build again there, the ground should have remained a memorial, and why build it so tall, I never watched the programme about the rebuild but seriously who would want to rent at the top of the building. I would not work there if I desperate.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never understand why they had to build again there, the ground should have remained a memorial, and why build it so tall, I never watched the programme about the rebuild but seriously who would want to rent at the top of the building. I would not work there if I desperate.

To show they hadn't been defeated
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a memorial, the new building is not on the footprint of the twin towers.
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

International equivalent of going "ner ner na ner ner" to terrorists.
    Forum Member
    To show they hadn't been defeated

That's all well and good but I seriously don't think it shows that they haven't been defeated. Don't you think that this may become a target again? (I hope it doesn't)
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they have parachutes this time in the offices
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    International equivalent of going "ner ner na ner ner" to terrorists.

Do you think the terrorists will really care the damage is done, the human cost immeasurable as well as the financial cost
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the terrorists will really care the damage is done, the human cost immeasurable as well as the financial cost

No idea really although I think they might like to knock it down again. Why do you ask?
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    No idea really although I think they might like to knock it down again. Why do you ask?

I was replying to your response, not asking you directly, just trying to figure out why building it is classed as saying 'we will not be defeated'. I really cant see anyone wanting to work there (well I wouldn't anyway).
  • goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even when it was only in it's half finished state, I thought that the new WTC looked like one of the most awesome buildings in the entire world! :cool:
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going in December, so I will definitely be visiting the site - the last time I went down to Ground Zero it was very much a building site, that was in 2004.

Shame that the building probably won't be open until next year.

http://www.newsday.com/911-anniversary/fencing-at-wtc-coming-down-adding-accessibility-1.6020583
  • goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    draig goch wrote: »
    I'm going in December, so I will definitely be visiting the site - the last time I went down to Ground Zero it was very much a building site, that was in 2004.

Shame that the building probably won't be open until next year.

http://www.newsday.com/911-anniversary/fencing-at-wtc-coming-down-adding-accessibility-1.6020583
    The mention of Ground Zero sends a big shiver down my spine! :eek:
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mention of Ground Zero sends a big shiver down my spine! :eek:

It was a little eerie at that time actually, what put me off more than anything was the grinning tourists posing for "holiday snaps". Unbelievable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Because we need to move on.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they have parachutes this time in the offices

:rolleyes: