Musings on a Saturday evening

Comments

• BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JfW - some classic lines:
    "Mind you, Katya’s rolled up in a maternity dress so I guess the training’s been fun."
    "Back for a Rumba with her hair down and a dress that only fastens at the front, Kara slinks and bends and the dry ice cleared just as my glasses steamed up."

Thanks!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fab U lous as ever :)
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fantastic triple whammy - thanks you so much JFW.

Would you like me to bid on a suit of armour on E-Bay for you in case Kara doesn't lift the glitterball?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I always look forward to this every week :D:D

Thank you! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Paranoid Android, Katya, who eats eggs for breakfast - without taking them out of the chicken first.
    his greatest asset is also his Achilles heel – yep, Aliona: largely unhindered by outerwear, but wholly unhindered by convention,
    a certain Natalie Lowe – and if you thought Katya was scary, this one bites the heads off people who eat live chickens for breakfast.
    Sensing an onslaught of Anglo Saxon, Mrs JfW raised a cautionary eyebrow so I had to resort to subterfuge to articulate a satisfactory response. ―• ――― ― ―••• •―•• ――― ――― ―•• ―•―― •―•• •• ―•― • •―•• ―•―― I said with considerable restraint.

I have to say that at this point I forgot my morse code and reverted to my pagan past........:D:o
    Kara slinks and bends and the dry ice cleared just as my glasses steamed up.

Wonderful as ever JFW, Monday nights won't be the same after the series ends with no more musings to read!
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ‘Don’t you just love ‘em!’ I cried.
    ‘Who?’ asked Mrs JfW.
    ‘The GBP – aren’t they wonderful?’
    ‘Oh, for Chrissakes’, she muttered.

Hah! :D
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    `the politest man on the planet who can back-flip onto a unicycle with a sheep under each arm.`

:D:D:D
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then there’s Matt – athlete, aesthete, Gentleman Jim, the politest man on the planet who can back-flip onto a unicycle with a sheep under each arm. His dancing’s not bad either. Unfortunately his greatest asset is also his Achilles heel – yep, Aliona: largely unhindered by outerwear, but wholly unhindered by convention, her new wave choreography is in danger of upsetting the stuffed shirts, even as they loosen their collars.

Hard to choose as it all tickles, but that is my favourite bit - just.:p

You are finishing with a big knee-slide John.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Superb John - had me laughing from beginning to end. Loved your descriptions of Katya and Nat
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All brilliant, John, but my favourite is (because oh, how I agree!)

While they’re doing that we get another of those surreal Strictly moments where Notdead’s ego outstrips his judgement and we’re subjected to something so hideous that, right now, I’d pay good money to see Ann Widdecombe dancing with John Sargeant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I can't believe I've only got one more week of JfW's musings.....nevermind the programme, this is what it's all about!:D
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you!

With John's Musings to read, and the hilarious Artem/James rumba to watch on youtube, I feel well and truly spoilt today:D
  • DizzyspinsDizzyspins Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Fantastic Musings, thank you so much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your dismissal of Scott was brutal but so true, and showed just what Wikileaks is missing - a talented humorist to comment on a few of those cables.

I was, however, stunned at your admission that you actually needed to wrestle Hammy for the umbrella. If physical combat isn't your thing, you could keep him in line with psychological warfare. Show him this link:

http://www.shelfordfeast.co.uk/guineapig.html

and mention that at the feast they offer an OAP's portion option using...yes, you guessed it. All you'll ever need to ensure best behaviour is to keep a saucepan by the sofa.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JfW - My Hero *sigh*
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, JfW, that was absolutely brilliant! You can tell there's a final looming on the horizon, because you're upping your game - if that were possible. So many laugh out loud moments I'd only be repeating your post by naming them.

Thank you. Mwah!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    Thank You John, I got a few "looks" from MrJude for giggling a bit too loudly during Man Ure vs Arsenal, but it was worth it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantasmagorical!!! Lovely stuff as always. Made my night and can go to work tomorrow with a smile on my face:D

Love you JFW and Hammy xxx
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Johnster, can't believe we only have one more blog left to look forward to - unless you treat us to a Xmas Special :) (there's a smooch in it for you!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Alesha and Bruno acknowledged that ‘there were some issues’, which was up there with ‘Houston, we have a problem’ in terms of understated précis"

got a guffaw from me.

:D:D:D

thanks JfW:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, if Hammy starts going bonkers with a certain 4 out of the 102 dances in the final, I could always threaten to lend you my neighbour's cat for a couple of nights; very "efficient" where rodents and nibblers are concerned. :eek:
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant, as usual John :)
  • HotsforLiliaHotsforLilia Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Pamela and James wrap things up with a delightful Quickstep ...but their 40 was richly deserved

Just wondering how you came to that conclusion, when their routine consisted of 40 seconds of dancing QS together?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John, I think that's one of your best ever, and I love all your musings! Perfect recap and brilliant insights and so many hilarious snippets to re-read and laugh at again later :D:D
    Thank you!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mind you, Katya’s rolled up in a maternity dress so I guess the training’s been fun."

:D Brilliant.