Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 3)

Comments

• tamara1969tamara1969 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Maybe they shouldn't be advertising arrests, if they are not imminent it could give people chance to skip the country if they are guilty and want to avoid arrest.

I would have thought airports, ports etc. would be 'aware' of such persons given the current climate and media coverage.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chief Constable of West West Yorkshire has RESIGNED - not retired............interesting.

He says his position was making the day to day policing impossible due to the Hillsbororugh investgation.............could it have something to do with Savile as well ?

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    overline wrote: »
    OK, here's Tom Watson's quote...
    “The evidence file used to convict paedophile Peter Righton, if it still exists, contains clear intelligence of a widespread paedophile ring. One of its members boasts of its links to a senior aide of a former Prime minister who says he could smuggle indecent images of children from abroad.”

“The leads were not followed up but if the file still exists, I want to ensure that the Metropolitan Police secure the evidence, re-examine it, and investigate clear intelligence suggesting a powerful paedophile network linked to Parliament and Number 10.”

So, he didn't actually suggest involvement of an ex-PM afterall, that will teach me for only having it on the background whilst working on the PC. :o

ETA: He was referring to Sir Peter Morrison, not Ted Heath....
    EDWINA CURRIE, the former Conservative minister, has claimed that a leading Tory MP during Margaret Thatcher’s era had sex with underage boys — and senior party members had covered up for him.

Currie, 66, said this weekend she had heard that Sir Peter Morrison, Thatcher’s parliamentary private secretary and deputy chairman of the party, had sex with 16-year-old boys when the age of consent was 21.

“Was he doing anything illegal? Almost certainly. Would it be illegal today? Hard to tell now the age of consent is down to 16,” she said.

Morrison had been in charge of Thatcher’s disastrous leadership campaign team in 1990 when she lost power. He died aged 51 in 1995.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Politics/article1153409.ece
    It's no wonder Cameron looked uncomfortable as he was working at the Conservative Research Department in Conservative Central Office when this was going on between 1988-1993.
    Interesting to see that Derek Laud who also worked at Conservative Central Office at that time may be a friend of Edwina Currie's, both appeared together on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy Toksvig on Radio 5 live in 2 mins - Ive emailed a question in to see if she would be prepared to name the celebrity who groped her that she alleged last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/webcam/videocam/

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted - duplicate post
  • jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Just tweeted

Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas

Lots of speculation abt further arrests linked to the #JimmySavile investigation . There will be further arrests but they are not imminent

I didn't realise we had already had some arrests - or is this just Williams-Thomas being grammatically incorrect?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jassi wrote: »
    I didn't realise we had already had some arrests - or is this just Williams-Thomas being grammatically incorrect?

Exactly there have been none , that we have been told of anyway, and the other actor in the media as being charged is unconnected with this case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is pretty shocking (NHS advice to 13+ year-olds regarding sex from a new mobile phone application):

"Incredibly, on bestiality, the advice is that while ‘sex with animals is illegal, fantasising is not’. Norman Wells, spokesman for the Family Education Trust, said: ‘Parents will be appalled health professionals have supported the development of a resource that condones sexual experimentation by young people and uses crude and sometimes even foul language."

"The site’s ‘experts’, meanwhile, suggest young children might want to put off speaking to their parents about sex in case the subject upsets the parents."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2221809/NHS-phone-app-features-extraordinarily-explicit-sex-tips-children-young-13.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Sandy Toksvig on Radio 5 live in 2 mins - Ive emailed a question in to see if she would be prepared to name the celebrity who groped her that she alleged last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/webcam/videocam/

Dave

well she did mention it - and said she would NEVER name the person ! Then why mention it ?

Dave
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shy11 wrote: »
    This is pretty shocking (NHS advice to 13+ year-olds regarding sex from a new mobile phone application):

"Incredibly, on bestiality, the advice is that while ‘sex with animals is illegal, fantasising is not’. Norman Wells, spokesman for the Family Education Trust, said: ‘Parents will be appalled health professionals have supported the development of a resource that condones sexual experimentation by young people and uses crude and sometimes even foul language."

"The site’s ‘experts’, meanwhile, suggest young children might want to put off speaking to their parents about sex in case the subject upsets the parents."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2221809/NHS-phone-app-features-extraordinarily-explicit-sex-tips-children-young-13.html

Looks very educational.

http://www.respectyourself.info/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    overline wrote: »
    OK, here's Tom Watson's quote...

So, he didn't actually suggest involvement of an ex-PM afterall, that will teach me for only having it on the background whilst working on the PC. :o

ETA: He was referring to Sir Peter Morrison, not Ted Heath....

Actually, he may not have been referring to Peter Morrison, according to the Birmingham Mail:

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/10/24/child-abuse-network-reached-into-10-downing-street-mp-tom-watson-tells-stunned-house-of-commons-97319-32096563/
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks very educational.

http://www.respectyourself.info/

It does appear so at first glance and I could not see Bestiality as a prominent link, mind you I did have to smile when I did a search for it under their FAQ seemed a bit of a bizarre response

http://www.respectyourself.info/?s=bestiality&submit=Search

Do Welsh people have to shag sheep?

Sex with animals is illegal (bestiality) as they can not consent. So is racism.

I would have thought bestiality was illegal as it is plain wrong and a different species not just because a sheep cannot say yes please. And what does bestiality have to do with racism ?
    Forum Member
    well she did mention it - and said she would NEVER name the person ! Then why mention it ?

Dave

She said she would not name him, because she wished to accord him more dignity than he accorded her. She says she mentioned it in passing on the Andrew Marr show when the Savile issue came up, but is keen to make it clear that it falls under the sexual harassment category rather than abuse, and that this, she says, is not a BBC problem, but a society-wide problem. I can see her point.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member

Dave
    Exactly ..if she's not prepared to name the person she should have kept her own counsel.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NSPCC seem to highlighting the sexual abuse of young women with the actions of Savile Scandal emerges.

I think we are distracting away from the issue of Jimmy Savile now. More people are focusing on BBC Director General etc and not really the whole picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does appear so at first glance and I could not see Bestiality as a prominent link, mind you I did have to smile when I did a search for it under their FAQ seemed a bit of a bizarre response

I would have thought bestiality was illegal as it is plain wrong and a different species not just because a sheep cannot say yes please. And what does bestiality have to do with racism ?

It's the fact people say it about Welsh people.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Has Janet Street-Porter named the 2 people she got rid of because of allegations, whilst she was a producer at the BBC?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    brandon99 wrote: »
    She said she would not name him, because she wished to accord him more dignity than he accorded her. She says she mentioned it in passing on the Andrew Marr show when the Savile issue came up, but is keen to make it clear that it falls under the sexual harassment category rather than abuse, and that this, she says, is not a BBC problem, but a society-wide problem. I can see her point.
    Doesn't matter what catagory it comes under ..it's wrong and by naming him it would stop it happening to other females..can she not see that?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brandon99 wrote: »

Me too. Her point was to do with the culture that condoned it, not the individual concerned.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I know I shouldn't but:D:D what a very funny answer, they could have also dropped in that it is against the law to murder someone too;)
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some constructive ideas and at least discusion about improving systems and procedures rather than concentrating on people.

I think referring he said / she said cases or ones where victims are unwilling to go through the trauma of a court appearance to social services and keeping a register of accusations - hopefully with the police, social services and relevent authorities who would look at such things as vetting individuals for responsible positions is a good idea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/24/jimmy-savile-dpp-2009-evidence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't find the bit regarding fantasising about bestiality being fine either. It was either removed after that MP complained - or the DM completely made it up.
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what catagory it comes under ..it's wrong and by naming him it would stop it happening to other females..can she not see that?

I think that should always be very much a matter for the individual... tricky to take an absolute position here, because then you have to ask whether you criticise abuse victims of Savile for not coming out and naming him in public...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is from the Sextionary - and they say this site may be suitable for prepubescent children requiring info. Too much info for my liking!

"Analingus

More commonly known as rimming – involves licking a partner’s bum hole. Sounds disgusting, but can feel nice (lots of nerve endings there) but make sure they have good personal hygiene – for safety use dental dams.

ALSO KNOWN AS:
    Rimming"

http://www.respectyourself.info/sextionary/sextionary-index/#A

I wouldn't want my prepubescent children reading this. Why would they need to know about this?

EDIT: In fact it says 'children experiencing puberty' - but even so, I started my periods aged 10 (as many girls do nowadays, apparently) and would have had no need to know about 'rimming' at that age.
This discussion has been closed.